打印 上一主题 下一主题

Chicago Booth / Michigan Ross 面经分享

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2022-3-14 16:04:43 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

Booth

2022 Entry R1 / Second-Year Student / Zoom
My interviewer was super nice, and I wasable to build a good rapport with her early on in the interview. She acted morelike a student mentor than an interviewer during the process, which really mademe feel like we were just chatting. I still made sure not to get carried awayby the relaxing vibe and get all my points crossed. Feeling good “walking” outfrom the interview.
Questions:
1. Introduce yourself.
2. Career goals & Why MBA?
3. Why Booth?
4. A situation where you brought peopletogether.
5. A situation where you pushed forward anidea.
6. A situation where you changed your perspective.
7. A situation where you realized you needhelp.
8. Talked about personal development(follow-up questions).
9. What are your strengths?
10. Anything else you’d like me to know?
11. Me asking questions.

The interview was conducted thru Zoom witha second-year student. The student seemed to have a set of questions to ask andthen proceeded to follow up depending on my response.
Questions:
1. Can you go introduce yourself?
2. Why an mba?
2. Why booth? What specifically does Boothoffer you that you are looking for?
3. What are your short-term and long-termgoals? Do you have a backup plan?
4. Who is a leader you admire and why?
5. What leadership type do you have? Whatare you doing to actively improve your leadership?
6. Tell me about a time you wereoverwhelmed and had time constraints. What did you do and how did you handleit?
7. What are three words that would describeyour leadership type?
8. Tell about a time you failed and how didyou respond?
9. Are there any organizations at Booththat interest you?
10. Where else are you applying?
11. What questions do you have for me?
The interview was resume based and itseemed that the only information she had was my resume. I thought the interviewwent fine, but the interviewer seemed very robotic. I was surprised that theyasked where else I applied and why. Most of my other interviews did not askduring our conversations. Leadership and basic why MBA questions were expected.This wasn’t the most friendly interviewer I’ve had so far, but sometimes peoplehave bad days. I think the interview could have went better, but that’s howthings go in life!

I benefitted a lot from reading reportsmyself, so figured I’d pay it forward!
Overall, my interview was very friendly andengaging. I was super pleased with how it went – although obviously that’s justfrom my side of the table and the interview is really just one component of theapplication. Interview was resume-based and with a second-year MBA student.
First, there are some quick small talk andan introduction by my interviewer.
Questions:
1. Please tell me a bit more about yourcurrent role (I work in university commercialization, so not a common field –it was kind of nice to get this rather than “walk me through your resume”).
2. Describe a time you had to motivate ateam.
3. Talk about an experience where you hadto manage differing opinions in a group setting.
4. What are three words that you thinkothers would use to describe you?
5. Tell me about an experience that causedyou to change your perspective.
After my response, the interviewer seemedto go off script here, building off my answer and starting a fun conversationabout my favorite technology I’ve worked with at the university.
6. What would be an ideal MBA experiencefor you and how would you hope to make an impact at Booth?
There are probably a couple questions I’mmissing in here, but this was the general gist of it. We jumped into behavioralquestions pretty quickly, but I still felt I was given the space to explain mybackground/goals for an MBA experience at Booth. My advice would be to avoidrehearsing answers to typical questions (tell me about your background, whyMBA) and rather just really have your personal story and goals solidified, asthe questions I got were a bit more nuanced.
Hopefully this is somewhat helpful, andbest of luck to everyone in their interview process!

2022 Entry R2/ Second-Year Student / Zoom
The interview was conversational like allthe other reports. I suspect the Booth interviews vary a bit depending on whoyou get as the interviewer. I was expecting more questions around “Why MBA, WhyBooth, Goals etc.” from the other reports, but the majority of the interviewtime (30+mins) was spent on behavioral questions in my case. About 10mins wasspent on Why MBA, Why Booth etc. and there was some time in the end for myquestions. There was time spent on follow up questions & comments.
Questions:
1. Interviewer introduced themselves andasked me to introduce myself.
2. Time you asked for help and how you wentabout doing it.
3. What does a good leader look like andhow do they lead?
4. Tell me a time you worked with adifficult individual or in a difficult group, how did you go about it?
5. Tell me a time you had to manage change.
6. Why MBA (this came only at the end)?
7. What specifically are you looking togain from the MBA? (I took this as a prompt to talk about Booth)
8. Long term and short term goals?
9. What do you help to get involved inoutside of class at Booth?
10. Questions for the interviewer.
The interviewer was nice, engaged, activelytook notes and I enjoyed the experience. Best of luck to everyone!

Ross

2022 Entry R1 / Alumnus / Zoom
I interviewed with an alumnus based out ofDallas. It seems like we were paired together based on background and location.He lives in Dallas and also works in Product Management so he was able to talkabout my job and ask detailed questions about what I currently do.
Questions:
1. Walk me through your resume.
2. Why MBA?
3. Why Ross?
4. What do I want to do post MBA?
5. Where do I see myself in 5 years? Longterm goals?
Overall it was a fairly easy interview andhe was very interesting to talk to. I got admitted to Ross with a 20k scholarship!

2021 Entry R2 / Alumnus / Zoom
Questions:
1. Why is an MBA right for you at thispoint in your career?
2. Why Ross?
3. Tell me about a time you dealt withsomething that changed unexpectedly.
4. Tell me about a time you had to motivateyour peers (follow-up: how did you deal with push-back on this).
5. Tell me about a time you receivednegative feedback (from either a superior or a report).
6. Tell me about a time you worked withsomeone with a different upbringing than you (and follow up questions).
Interview lasted 40 minutes. 25 minutes forabove questions and 15 minutes for my questions to interviewer. Overall verynice and conversational.

2021 Entry R2/ Alumnus / Zoom
Pretty short about 15 min. Interviewer wasnice, but was taciturn. Probably the chillest interview.
1. Walk me through your resume.
2. Why MBA?
3. Why Ross?
4. Talk about a time you worked with pplwith diff backgrounds.
5. Talk about a time you failed.
6. Talk about a time you needed help.

2021 Entry R2 / Alumnus / Zoom
Very direct interview style, without a lotof conversation. I was surprised at how abruptly we sent from one question tothe next. The interviewer became much more conversational after I began askingmy questions near the end of our interview.
Questions:
1. Why Ross;
2. Why MBA;
3. Why now;
4. Tell me about a time you made a decisionwith very little information;
5. Tell me about a time when you influenceda team with one of your strengths;
6. Tell me about a time when you had togive feedback to someone who didn’t take it well;
7. If time and money weren’t an issue, whatwould you do;
8. Tell me about a time when you had tochange your approach due to cultural differences.

收藏收藏1 收藏收藏1
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-20 11:44
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部