查看: 5405|回复: 5
打印 上一主题 下一主题

a preparation for our Interview practice

[精华] [复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2003-8-26 13:32:00 | 只看该作者

a preparation for our Interview practice

Hi buddies,

Since many top schools required pre-interview before submitting your application, do you decide to make an early start on interview preparation? If yes, pls give a shout here and we can talk what we can do further together!

As a member of BeijingAND, i would like to bring you all some useful materials i collected before. Here is the part I:

面试
华怡德克萨斯大学奥斯汀学院
佐治亚大学做了一个电话面试,他们主要想了解我的工作表现,因为这一点我在申请陈述里讲得太少。面试是让我给面试官留一个深刻印象的好机会,也能让他们更全面地了解我。所以不要只是谈他们已经知道的东西,应准备一些他们可能感兴趣的额外信息。

余杰聪麻省理工学院斯隆商学院面试只是申请的一部分。后来,当我和麻省理工的同学交换申请心得时,大家都认为,或许在面试之前,学校已经决定要谁不要谁了。他们只是想看看你是否就是那个写陈述的人以及你的沟通能力是否足够应付学业。

佟雷哈佛商学院
沃顿商学院的面试是在上海进行的,对方语气不太友好,问题非常尖锐,几乎要把我逼到死角,我想他大概是想挖出我的真实面目,想看看,在这么窘迫的情况下,我会有什么反应。

周颖华西北大学凯洛格商学院
给我做面试的是凯洛格商学院的毕业生,在麦肯锡上海公司工作。轮到我提问题时,我非常冒失地问他,凯洛格商学院的弱点是什么。令人诧异的是,他并没有生气,而是给了我中肯的回答。虽然这似乎并没有影响我被凯洛格录取,但事后想想,实在太冒险。

陈向军密执安大学商学院
我在密执安大学的面试中犯了个大错。通知面试的邮件中提到,那位女士的职务是TauberManufacturingInstitute的负责人,看到这条消息时,我还以为我已经被密执安大学商学院接受了———TMI是一个合作项目,要被它录取,首先要被商学院录取,如果你没有通过商学院这一关,他们根本不可能来看你的材料。所以,我在准备面试时,没有太多准备。没想到,虽然这位女士是TMI的负责人,但也是商学院招生机构的成员。可想而知,我的面试如何糟糕。所幸的是我采取了挽救措施———第二天凌晨2点,我就把重新思考过的答案发送到了她的电子邮箱里。

胡邦薇印第安那大学凯利商学院
就像面对签证官一样:你越放松,取得的成绩会越好。我的第一次面试是达顿商学院的,达顿是我的第一选择,所以我非常紧张。面试官是个老太太,她像祖母般和蔼可亲。遗憾的是,我没有抓住这个机会,我的语调有些颤抖。当我们说再见时,我意识到,我也和达顿说再见。
另一个面试就要好得多了:我举了很多例子使我的陈述生动有趣,有一阵子,我们甚至谈到了MP3。我觉得这样使我能更自然更放松地谈我日常生活中的故事。

王强弗吉尼亚大学达顿商学院
我预约达顿的面试时,他们告诉我名额已经满了。巧的是,后来当我接受其他学校的面试时,在同一家酒店的大堂里遇见了达顿负责招生的一位女士。我询问她能否临时安排一个面试,出人意料的是,她居然同意了。后来我才知道,为此,她“牺牲”了她的晚餐。面试进行得非常好,我们的谈话是从弗吉尼亚的番茄产业说起的。她是个非常好的倾听者,我们谈了今后的职业发展、过去的经历和工作。我想,是我的勇往直前和开拓精神感动了她。

沙发
 楼主| 发表于 2003-8-26 13:34:00 | 只看该作者
PART II   SOME COMMON QUESTIONS

1. introduce yourself briefly. (Describe your career progression to date.) (Tell me about yourself.) (Walk me through your resume.) (How did you move to each of your jobs, and why?)
2, Can you describe some difficult conditions in your company? (Tell me how you deal with such conflicts as with your partners) (What you do if there are different ideas?)
3, can you give me another example?
4, describe a failure or setback you have experienced. First, briefly describe the situation; then tell what you have learned from this experience; and last explain why it is important for you.
5, now, let’s begin to talk with people. How do you communicate with people and motivate them, especially workers and sales persons.
6, why you need an MBA program now? Why the school is your first choice?
7, how did you know the school?
8, Then what's your long term career goal after MBA (short short-term) -5 years out (short-term) -10 years out (long-term)
9, then what's your most recent contribution to the business? What did you do in the past one year? And what's the challenging task in it?( Describe a difficult you met at work? how did you resolve it?)
10, give an example of your leadership.
11, how will you do when your team member is not motivated? (a situational question, like how would you handle a class assignment in which your teammates weren't getting along and weren't doing their share of the work.)
12, you have been successful as I read from your resume. Please tell me what made you successful?
13, how will you friends view you 10 years later?
14, what are the factors of a successful teamwork.
15, how did you manage the pressure or obstacle that you faced in you work?
16, what are your weakness and strength. Why are you unique?
17, other schools you are applying? Why?
18, Describe your responsibilities and a typical day in your work life
19, Describe a significant team effort you are involved. (Your experience working on a team?)
20, Describe a significant decision you have made at work.
21, how can you contribute to your class?
22, what’s your interest outside work?
23, your biggest achievement to date? Your weakness in application?
24, your managerial experience? how many people report to you?
25, how would your workmates describe you?
26, if you could pick any three people to work with on a project, who would they be and what would be there responsibilities?
27, what are you looking for when you select the right b-school?

TO BE CONTINUED...

[此贴子已经被作者于2003-8-26 13:36:36编辑过]
板凳
发表于 2003-8-26 13:44:00 | 只看该作者
Thanks baobaobear! By the way, which schools on your list require interview before submit your application?
地板
 楼主| 发表于 2003-8-28 11:43:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用chipmunk在2003-8-26 13:44:00的发言:
Thanks baobaobear! By the way, which schools on your list require interview before submit your application?

So far as i know, Kellog, Michigan, UNC and Chicago still have such requirements this yr. It seems Tuck and UCLA have changed to By invatation only.

Any further information?
5#
发表于 2003-8-28 13:08:00 | 只看该作者
I propse to set up an interview practice group.  ANy suggestion?

V.
6#
发表于 2003-8-28 13:57:00 | 只看该作者
Brothers, I guess it might be too early. Wait for another month, then we'll have more companions.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-19 17:40
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部