ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
楼主: 张哲仁

[学校信息] 发掘欧洲TOP商学院:Bocconi【更新官方平台+高额奖学金提示】

[复制链接]
发表于 2015-12-9 01:01:04 | 显示全部楼层
Some short comments:

0. in the first link, it is mentioned that the MSF is comparable as CMU MSCF. I will say it is 1000% a joke. (think of the stochastic calculus book, and the C++ course...)
Their MSF is quantitative, but at the end it is a business school, and is of no match to those really quantitative MFE.
I once wrote some outsider-view on this topic on http://forum.chasedream.com/thread-1002712-4-1.html #37.

2. London is always competitive. Be prepared to fight with other student from UK targets like Oxridge, LBS, LSE, IC, UCL and Warwick, in additional to other European target.
The downside of Bocconi over, say HEC, is that Milano don't have a local market for inetnational student as backup plan.

4. If I were you, the simplest answer to Why ABC is: It is the best school within those take me......
The point here I wanna make is: it is a question that if Bocconi worth to take if there are not schloarship. Of course, this is no longer such a big question as most of the competitor (or comparable school) are raising their tution.
(e.g. HEC is always as expensive as the UK one, SSE started to charge the international some years ago, HSG is still the cheapest among targets but already rose quite some)

5. having 70-80% of Italian is of course not a very good idea, but at least it is way better than having 70-80% chinese...
 楼主| 发表于 2015-12-9 02:04:27 | 显示全部楼层
cheesechan 发表于 2015-12-9 01:01
Some short comments:

0. in the first link, it is mentioned that the MSF is comparable as CMU MSCF.  ...

0. In terms of the comparison between bocconi and CMU, I have no comment coz I'm not a MSF student.  Bocconi's MSF is said to be rather quantitative and I, however, don't think it's as quant as certain programs like fianancial engineering and financial economics only taking a quick look at their courses. Anyway, thx 4 ur info always learning sth. while reading ur comment.

2. According to MSFers, it is way easier for European people to get into London IB. Even in this case, not a few Chinese stand the chance of seeking jobs in London considering the record. Still, fight is a must.

4. The most significant reason that explains why I chose bocconi is that it boasts higher ROI compared to its peers (coz of the low tuition, and tons of scholarships and assistantships).

5. can't agree more. Problems occur during the group work that sometimes people simply speak Italian leaving u alone.

Additional info:
Bocconi is no doubt renowned for finance and lots of Chinese students love finance. But applicants should not focus all their attention on finance. Here I'd like to add the Internatioanl Management-CEMS double degree is also worth a try if you wanna get into consulting or you haven't decided ur future career coz this program could offer a broader carrer path.

More importantly, CEMS is more than famous in Europe and it can offer more and better oppoturnities esp. in EU.
About CEMS:
http://www.cems.org/
http://www.unibocconi.eu/wps/wcm/connect/Bocconi/SitoPubblico_EN/Navigation+Tree/Home/Programs/Graduate+School/Msc+Prospective+Students/International+Management/CEMS+MIM+Program/

楼主| 发表于 2015-12-9 02:51:42 | 显示全部楼层
aheeee 发表于 2015-12-8 23:39
感觉不能说太多了...Richard和我也不熟。

嘘!
发表于 2015-12-9 03:52:05 | 显示全部楼层
张哲仁 发表于 2015-12-9 02:04
0. In terms of the comparison between bocconi and CMU, I have no comment coz I'm not a MSF student. ...

I will say Bocconi is a renowned school in both economics (i.e. ESS is a good program for those interested in PhD), management (i.e. MiM, point to consultant), and finance.

CEMS MiM is a good double degree option for those who are, for example not sure between finance and management, as it can be a management master in additional to master in another discipline.  (which is not always for case as some CEMS school tie the CEMS master only to their own MiM student, but not other major [P.S. seems it is exactly the case for Bocconi....])
Of course:
1. Bocconi is not the only school that are within CEMS, other school also worth considering. (but Bocconi should be one of the top.....um at least top 5 within those CEMS school in Europe I will say)
2. getting into CEMS MiM is another fight for sure.
发表于 2015-12-9 04:11:22 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享                  !
发表于 2015-12-9 06:02:37 | 显示全部楼层
看一下!               
发表于 2015-12-9 08:45:06 | 显示全部楼层
haohaohaohaohaoahoahoahoahoah
发表于 2015-12-9 11:46:10 | 显示全部楼层
aheeee 发表于 2015-12-8 23:39
感觉不能说太多了...Richard和我也不熟。

其实我也不熟,老早前知道
发表于 2015-12-9 11:52:20 | 显示全部楼层
cheesechan 发表于 2015-12-9 00:27
As far as I heard/know, (i.e. I had not check them all)
Italy: 1Y
UK: 6M

谢谢前辈指教!!
再请教下各国拿到工作签的难度如何
发表于 2015-12-9 11:57:33 | 显示全部楼层
cheesechan 发表于 2015-12-9 03:52
I will say Bocconi is a renowned school in both economics (i.e. ESS is a good program for those int ...

强烈同意 如果bocconi的cems不是只有mim的学生就好了  
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-3-29 02:04
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部