ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
查看: 2748|回复: 5

诸多问题,大家共同解决!

[复制链接]
发表于 2003-8-20 11:17:00 | 显示全部楼层

诸多问题,大家共同解决!

mindfree兄,看了你在论坛上的一些文章,感觉超高分考生无一例外地都是对出题的思路,结构,层次把握得很准,而且经常就是和出题者的想法不谋而合,真是很佩服你们在这方面的揣摩能力!同时也非常高兴地看到你常到论坛给大家答疑,实在颇有大师风范!
我想问的几个问题就是:你还有在哪发表过关于gmat考试感想的文章吗,我还想多了解了解你当时准备的情况来帮助自己提高!阅读方面,我目前还没找到速度与正确之间很好的平衡点,主要还是我感觉自己速度不够,我10月15考,你觉得我应该如何提速?是通过多做题吗?根据你写的好象不是,你对逻辑方面着重题量,但是那应如何做呢?
还有就是逻辑,现在文章是越来越长,有时觉得很难把握住到底哪才是出题点,哪是没多大关系的叙述,不知你是如何解决的,也是通过提高阅读速度吗?而且文章一旦太长active reading这方法就不好实施.这几天做题CR的时候,我发现有一个section,我根本没怎么去多想,就一下就把答案给选了出来,完全靠的是一种感觉,看上去我就认为哪对哪错,非常清楚,效果也非常好,20个题只错了一个.做另外两个section的时候我加入颇多的analysis,按照各种技巧应对题目,可是却发现不仅时间不够,而且正确率也大大下降!请问到最后考试应该培养的是哪一种,因为我觉得感觉那东西不可靠,还是有明确的思路才是最重要的,对吗?就是你言及的active reading!
请指点一二,我必有所获,非常感谢!同时也非常欢迎大家尤其是各位热心的斑竹多给点意见.
发表于 2003-8-20 11:26:00 | 显示全部楼层
发表于 2003-8-20 13:39:00 | 显示全部楼层
Ya, thanks..I posted my stuff only at CD and you will be able to find it all here.

As you asked about the approach to tackle GMAT, particularly CR, I would say it is not one-approach-fits-all. Just as some people are very happy with taking notes while reading, other might find it unnecessary. So stick to the one that fits you best!

You are right! Sense is very important in CR, especially when the question is not hard. The sense can help you nail the problem in 30 seconds. However, everything is still built upon one basic thing: understanding.

Active reading is just one thing I learned from my own experience. I had about 3 weeks to prepare and I felt frustrated with RC at first. I did some practice but failed to improve. It occured to me that I cling too much to the words and details of the passage. I neglected the big picture, such as the conclusion (purpose) of the whole passage, how the author presented or proved the opinion(s), positive or negative, etc.

Active reading helped me as it lead me to see the big picture, instead of tiny parts of it. I understand what the whole paragraph is all about, I know the structure of the argument, I find the answers.

Same to CR. You still need to understand before you can apply your sense. It is good that you can use the sense. But sometimes it can fool you by making you believe that you can use your instinct to find the answer. And the truth might be that the answer just look familiar, and the worse is that you might not know why that is the right answer.

If you want score high in GMAT, 40% is luck, not 90% or 100%. So I recommend that you alway think and do the analysis. Always ask "why". As I replied the other post, it is where the key lies.

It is very general and might sound void. Allow yourself some time.

BTW, I think quantity does not matter as much as quality. Think hard over one question, you might be able to learn 10 times more than browing through 100 questions and remembering the answers.

Any specific question, let me know.
发表于 2003-8-20 13:53:00 | 显示全部楼层
Actually, during the test, you might find many questions straightforward and very easy to understand. I saw just a couple CR questions with tricky choices. The rest did not give me any problem. So It really depends on how well you can read and understand.
 楼主| 发表于 2003-8-24 09:39:00 | 显示全部楼层
mindfree兄,看你回答得这么详细,真是感动得要哭了。。。
我现在还遇到一个问题就是阅读没怎么提高,尽管有做一些题,看了你的回答,我恍然大悟,问题在于我也过于集中于细节和例子之间,却往往忽略了对文章的整体把握和结构分析,所以主题体型总是出错,真是只见树木,不见森林,这也是为人做事的一大忌也!!!我做题时实在是有点糊涂,总是丢三落四,这也是我亟待提高的地方。
我还想问一句,就是平时训练CR1min30s RC1min/1question SC1min20s,这个速度能达到机考的要求吗?如果想要verbal部分全部做完稍微有些时间富余,这个速度可以吗?先问这些了,有问题的一定会再请教你的!
发表于 2003-8-24 13:55:00 | 显示全部楼层
Mindfree is always so warm-heart to else person! You are really a person!!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-19 08:25
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部