查看: 6231|回复: 12
打印 上一主题 下一主题

备文观贴随感

[精华] [复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2003-8-13 15:53:00 | 只看该作者

备文观贴随感

最近一直忙着写essay,很少来这里转。今天看了一些帖子,觉得很失望,ChaseDream论坛竟然如此没有梦想。

不少帖子讲外国mba回国没有优势,找不到高薪工作,还有酱缸效应。这些当然反映了市场的局限,但是更加体现了用人市场对mba的失望,名校的mba又成了考试高手的代名词。

更加糟糕的是从这些帖子中我感到mba的确不配拿高薪。因为没有梦想。 企业需要的是能够独挡一面的人才,只要能够为企业创造价值,多少工资都不算高。

有人竟然说美国毕业的mba唯一长处是英文好,我要给他一个嘴巴子 -- 刘阿斗。 你的才能是把中国的产品带到世界舞台,去与三星、SONY、Philip竞争,去瓜分世界市场,不是在中国骗几个政府订单。你的对手是世界级的,中国培养的mba还需要10年才有这个能力。

我生在浙江农村,这里的乡镇企业早已把产品送到世界每一个国家,甚至有企业在日本某一市场占40%份额。他们已经具备进入世界市场的能力,需要mba把产品档次提高,进入高利润区 。可是我们的mba在那里无病呻吟,却不愿意低一下眼看看自己真正能有所作为的地方。

在我老家我第一次看到兰宝机尼和本特利跑车 ... 而不是在上海或是北京,开车的不是 mba 而是农民。

难道top n 的 MBA 的梦想不如我老家的农民?     

[此贴子已经被作者于2003-8-13 16:04:30编辑过]
沙发
 楼主| 发表于 2003-8-13 15:58:00 | 只看该作者
补充: 我们村 500 人以上的企业超过100家,一半以上做服装出口,已经没有务农的人了。
隔壁村情况也差不多,但是以箱包出口为主。

稍微远一点几个村做小电器,利润更高,但是就是无法进入美国和日本市场。

这都是真正需要mba的地方。

愚见,欢迎拍砖
板凳
发表于 2003-8-13 16:15:00 | 只看该作者
那些农民如果不是农民,就坐在电脑前写essay做mba梦,而不是开兰宝机尼和本特利跑车 ... 了
地板
发表于 2003-8-13 18:10:00 | 只看该作者
好!大快人心耶!
5#
发表于 2003-8-13 18:33:00 | 只看该作者
浙江人真的厉害!偶去过一趟,已经觉得有很多东西值得学习!如果全国都象浙江人那么聪明,我们真够可以了!wang说的对,就需要我们改变赚钱无档次的局面。
6#
发表于 2003-8-14 01:46:00 | 只看该作者
Thanks wangp_cn for your great post. I really like your straightforward. First of all, I totally agree with you that we as Chinese MBA aspirants should have dream/responsibility to improve our Chinese company to compete with U.S or Japanese companies. On the other hand, reality wise, we also should realize that our dream may take some time and several steps to reach.

There are couple of reasons:
1) Most of us  are still in the learning curve, even we graduate from b-school and stay in the U.S for couple of years. We choose U.S b-school and decide to work for U.S company for couple of years is mainly because that's the best place in the world we could learn/gain managment skills. If we already pass the learning curve and became a CEO type of person, there is no need to apply for b-school.

2) Salary issue. I personally know several people with more than 10M assets in China. They're very successful business man. Just like you said, one guy even occupied more than 50% in SouthEast Asia market. However, I felt very dissappointed when I get to know that they only paid RMB5,000/month to their senior managers. I'm not saying we should only work for money. But with that low salary, it's hard to say that our value is recognized.

Above is all based on my own observation and experience. I believe you have more knowledge & experience in this area. We'll all very appreciate if you could provide more thoughts on topics like "different culture/management style between U.S and Chinese company", or what you know about the salary for manager level employee in those companies.

Again, I really admire your aspiration and should declare that I have the same one.
7#
发表于 2003-8-14 03:33:00 | 只看该作者
It’s the same in the US. I subscribe the Magazine of “INC”, which the authority on entrepreneurship in the US. Based on their recent survey, less than 30% of entrepreneurs in the US have a bachelor degree. You read me right. It’s less than 30%. The truth is that those with higher degrees will have a much difficult time to give up their “normal” jobs and start a business. Most of them are happy with the average life. This is human nature.
8#
发表于 2003-8-14 03:52:00 | 只看该作者
wangp_cn,

看到你的贴子很令人高兴。浙江现在这么的红火。这些企业确实需要留美的mba帮助他们走向世界。除了英文之外,更重要的是他们了解western culture。我同意某人(好像是唐师曾,前新华社驻巴格达记者)说的一句话:这是说英语的人统治的世界。至少目前如此,西方人制定了游戏的规则。WTO就是一个明证。记得最近一期的business week上有一篇文章说:世界的产业链就像一个梯子,每个国家都像往上爬以剥削下面的人,而美国是这个梯子的顶端。他们把那些低附加值的工作都送到国外去,例如中国和印度,例如箱包制作。浙江有些虽不是外资,但不可否认这都是美国人不再做的工作。然后美国人做什么呢?INNOVATION。这是美国的核心竞争力。

国际资本永远KEEP SEARCHING成本最低的地方,现在他们找到了中国。但是我很担心,如果中国永远是这种低水平的加工业,没有INNOVATION,这种繁荣的现象能够持续多久?中国不能把自己的核心竞争力建立在中国有取之不尽的贫穷的老百姓身上!另外国际资本之后还有一个看不见的手,那就是政治。不可否认,中国的政治体制完全不同于西方,美国致力于改变中国的体制。虽然有人说现在利益相关,唇亡齿寒。这种可能性不大。但一旦西方权衡认为有必要采取某些行动。很难想象这种繁荣景象会持续下去。

中国的企业需要MBA,需要他们使企业走向世界,更重要的是提高生产管理水平,提高竞争力。换句话说,往梯子的更高的地方爬。

但是,现实是这些企业还不知道,或者是不确切的知道MBA会给他们带来的长期利益。或者说一些人并不看重长期利益。看到最近一批富人相继落网吗?国家也没有建立一个体制来保护这些企业安心的长期干下去。虽然是越来越好了。相应的企业的体制也不能使一个MBA安心的工作。记得以前看过一个报道说四川有家企业创新生产了可以真空包装的‘东颇肉‘,但是几年之后被当地政府给整垮了。看到最近的河北企业家孙大午的事了吗?何其相似!在国内开过公司,说实话,你不想偷漏税都难。而且生意要做大,必然要官商勾结,这就给今后政府整你埋下了伏笔。试问中国哪一个企业家没有给官员送过东西?记得龙永图部长在WTO之后接受采访说中国企业缺乏诚信,中国老百姓缺乏诚信。并认为这是中国入世最大的挑战。我想借用一句中国的古话来回龙部长:上梁不正下梁歪。

扯远了。

每次朋友聚会的时候最后的话题总是" 回国吗?‘。说的人多,做的很少。大部分人有PHD学位,最差也是MASTER,MBA。中国确实需要他们。但是现实是对于大多数人而言,如果实在是在美国找不到理想的工作,如果中国企业不可以出COMPARATIVE的薪水(那时他们的价值),他们不会回去。对于中国人而言,中国和美国各有巨大的优缺点。‘回国‘变成了他们永远的DILEMMA.这些人绝不是无病呻吟,而是在寻找能够容纳他们的土壤。
9#
发表于 2003-8-14 05:17:00 | 只看该作者
wang_pn,

I am glad to read this thread as well. I believe that many people in this forum have their dreams. The point is not whether their dreams are big or small, but whether the envionrment allows them to achieve their dreams, if not, whether they can change the environment.

I agree with you that many XIANG1 ZHEN4 QI3 YE4 need people with professional management skills to help them grow. But not all of those entrepreneurs don't recognize the value of MBA.

A professor, who is doing research in human resource management  in Zhong Shan univ. told me that the value of MBA is not recognized in China. The value of MBA is decided by whether MBAs can help the companies succeed. The fact is that the knowledge and skills learned in MBA education cannot bring the companies to further success. As k2 mentioned, sometimes the strategy and management are not the key factor in deciding whether the company will succeed in the current China. If the skills set of a MBA cannot help the companies succeed, why bother the owners of the companies hire you.

Many of my friends told me not to to those companies because they don't have the formal system. After you join those companies and make some progress, the owner of the companies may use different ways to restrict you. They don't want you to have too much power in the company. Without the appropriate system, MBAs may have to worry about their rights.

For the people who have already lived in the US for many years, going back is a tougher decision considering the children's education and family issue. Every one has to consider the risk when making decisions.

Just my $0.02. Admittedly, there are still many Chinese companies that respect the value of MBA. I am not ruling out all of them. In fact, I am very interested in hearing more examples. So if you can provide us more information, I would highly appreciate.

[此贴子已经被作者于2003-8-14 5:38:29编辑过]
10#
发表于 2003-8-14 10:58:00 | 只看该作者
梦想不是做梦。

我也在中国做过企业。很遗憾的说,如果你对自己还有一点基本要求的话,那么绝不要去做企业。作为将来的海龟,很遗憾,我绝不想为中国的私企或是国企打工,即使他们出的工资比美国能出的还要高。因为有些事,我是怎么样都不会去做的。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-20 20:36
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部