ChaseDream
搜索
12345下一页
返回列表 发新帖
00:00:00

Some species of Arctic birds are threatened by recent sharp increases in the population of snow geese, which breed in the Arctic and are displacing birds of less vigorous species. Although snow geese are a popular quarry for hunters in the southern regions where they winter, the hunting season ends if and when hunting has reduced the population by five percent, according to official estimates. Clearly, dropping this restriction would allow the other species to recover.

Which of the following, if true, most seriously undermines the argument?

正确答案: B

更多相关帖子

帖子

好友

积分

ChaseDream

注册时间
2003-03-17
精华
解析
查看: 19986|回复: 42
打印 上一主题 下一主题

急问一个逻辑

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2004-5-11 12:45:00 | 只看该作者

急问一个逻辑

some species of Arctic bird are threatened by recent sharp increases in the population of snow geese, which breed in the Arctic and are displacing birds of less vigorous species. Although snow geese are a popular quarry for hunters in the southern regions where they winter, the hunting season ends if and when hunting has reduced the population by five percent,according to official estimates. Clearly,dropping this restriction would allow the other species to recover.

wenken the argument

A  Hunting limits for snow geese were imposed many years ago in response to a sharp decline   in the population of snow geese

B It has been many years since the restriction led to the hunting season for snow geese being closed earlier than the scheduled date

C the number of snow geese taken by hunters each year has grown every year for several years

D as their population has increased, snow geese have recolonized wintering grounds that they had not used for several seasons

E in the snow goose's winter habitats, the goose faces no significant natual predation.

顺便请教答案的理由

沙发
发表于 2004-5-11 13:16:00 | 只看该作者

是选D么?

D说sg数量多起来后,又到其他的栖息地过冬,所以,由于sg到其他地方过冬去了,就算原来的过冬栖息地放宽狩猎的限制,也不能明显减少sg的数量。

板凳
发表于 2004-5-11 14:48:00 | 只看该作者
I choose D which claims that the restriction in hunting cannot reduce the population of snow geese, and therefore other species might not be recovered.
地板
发表于 2004-5-11 19:45:00 | 只看该作者
我选B,请问答案是什么?
5#
 楼主| 发表于 2004-5-11 23:34:00 | 只看该作者

我也选了D,但是答案给的是B,我都看不懂B讲什么意思

mariezhu 选了B,你能告诉我一下,B的具体意思吗》??谢谢了

我是新人,还不是很了解GMAT,拜托大家多多指点了

在此拜谢!!

6#
发表于 2004-5-11 23:49:00 | 只看该作者

B的意思是多年以来,狩猎禁令导致狩猎季节比预计的时间结束得早,结合文中的描述,即禁猎期限还没到, 猎杀的数目已经达到了5%

7#
发表于 2004-5-12 00:10:00 | 只看该作者

这和时间有关系吗?原文说的猎杀期限是猎杀数目达到5%。

the hunting season ends if and when hunting has reduced the population by five percent,according to official estimates.

我感觉b是个加强的选项。

8#
发表于 2004-5-12 05:28:00 | 只看该作者
B is correct. This question is interesting. I read the choices for three times before I chose B. Basically what B says is hunters do not hunt the goose as much as many years ago. The restriction did not lead to early closing of the hunting season. Therefore, even dropping the restriction would not help reduce the population of the geese because they are not hunted that much.
9#
发表于 2004-5-12 11:08:00 | 只看该作者

我简直不知道怎么表达对总教头的佩服之情,这个题目我读来读去,觉得没一个答案对,于是将就的选了个D

即使给了答案是B,我还是想不通,经总教头提示,才明白。。。

其实B就是说禁令根本就没用,人们都懒得去hunt那种geese

真是佩服之至

10#
发表于 2004-5-13 11:37:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用mindfree在2004-5-12 5:28:00的发言:
B is correct. This question is interesting. I read the choices for three times before I chose B. Basically what B says is hunters do not hunt the goose as much as many years ago. The restriction did not lead to early closing of the hunting season. Therefore, even dropping the restriction would not help reduce the population of the geese because they are not hunted that much.

hi mindfree,

here is my question.

B It has been many years since the restriction led to the hunting season for snow geese being closed earlier than the scheduled date

by reading your comment, it sounds like that B suggest the restriction is not applied for the time being (there is no impact on the hunters). i tentatively disagree. for example " it has been many years since we got married", that doesn't say that we aren't currently married, right? samething to B, it doesn't necessarily suggest that either restriction is not applied nor "hunters do not hunt the goose as much as many years ago".

let me know...

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-5-7 06:12
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部