ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
查看: 2798|回复: 3
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[申请总结] 如何回答毕业后是否回国这个问题? RETURNING TO CHINA AFTER GRADUATION ?

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2015-3-24 20:27:19 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Hey guys,

Today I want to share the answer to this question:

For post-MBA goal, should Chinese applicants avoid saying that they’re immediately going back to China, because Admission Officers prefer to have applicants contribute to U.S. economy? Is bridging the U.S. and China “overused” in application essays?

I hope my answer will be helpful.

Solid question, buddy. This is a question that we get all the time, so let’s dig into it now, shall we? That is, “Is it good or bad for Chinese applicants to say they want to go right back to China, in their immediate post-MBA goals?” The answer, sadly, is that “it depends.”But as this is a yes-or-no question, you will fall into one or the other camp. So, for YOU, there will be one clear answer.

Confused yet? Hope not, but let me explain. Where you say you want to end up (US or China) will depend on the plan itself, particularly depending on the job market in your field in either country. If you have laid out a very hard-to-achieve goal in the US, like Private Equity etc., then it may be VERY tough for you to get that job in the US. In that case, especially if you don’t have a GREAT background in US private equity, say you’ll go to China. That’s your best chance to get a J-O-B, for sure.

But if you have a good background, say in marketing, and you DO have some international experience, it IS reasonable to assume that you may get a job at a BIG marketing firm in the US. Why? Well, once you get trained, they’d looooove to send you back to China, of course, to help them open up the market there. Also, they simply hire more people than PE firms do. Same with consulting, by the way–they hire a bunch of peeps out of US schools every year, they sponsor loads of international kids, etc. To say you want to get one of THOSE jobs? Very reasonable.

But to say you want to get one of the super hard-to-get ones, one that involves, for example, a ton of networking, leaps of faith, etc etc., forget it. Get THAT job back in China. That’s your only good chance, really.

If you have a question about your applications, feel free to leave a comment here or send me a Private Message. I'm happy to help!

收藏收藏4 收藏收藏4
沙发
发表于 2015-3-24 23:32:09 | 只看该作者
Thanks for your sharing mate!
板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2015-5-31 22:13:51 | 只看该作者
How do you answer this question? RETURNING TO CHINA AFTER GRADUATION?
地板
发表于 2017-3-16 13:19:28 | 只看该作者
Thanks Jon
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-23 13:29
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部