搜索
返回列表 发新帖
楼主: bestshanshan
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[备考日记] 两年后重新上路,为了宝宝加油↖(^ω^)↗

[复制链接]
11#
 楼主| 发表于 2014-9-2 15:11:21 | 只看该作者
—if you have a modifier of the form (subordinating conjunction) + (participle), then, no matter where that modifier is placed, it should describe the subject of the clause to which it is attached.

—although exhausted from a long day of work, james still played football with his son.

—james, although exhausted from a long day of work, still played football with his son.

—james still played football with his son, although exhausted from a long day of work.

—when we have when + past participle(and nothing else in between), then were talking about some action done by the subject of the main clause touching that whenmodifier

—I ate mangoes with my sister when hungry.

—I ate mangoes on the beach when hungry.

—I ate mangoes on the beach when (I was) hungry.

—"even though" MUST be followed by a clause.
"although", however, can be followed by an
adjective or adjective phrase: james, although bigger than many of the other players, is one of the fastest men on the team.

12#
 楼主| 发表于 2014-9-3 12:49:25 | 只看该作者
Due to   caused by   because of

—Use ‘due to’ only to modify nouns.

—Usage of ‘due to’ is correct, if the sentence makes sense when ‘due to’ is replaced with ’caused by’.

—Use ‘because of’ to modify verbs.

—‘Due to’ & ‘because of’ are not interchangeable.

13#
 楼主| 发表于 2014-9-16 23:56:02 | 只看该作者
充分必要条件指示词
充分必要条件指示词

1.introduce a sufficient condition: if/when/whenever/every/all/any/people who/in order to/to

2.introduce a necessary condition: then/only/only if/must/require/no,none(在句子开头)

3.unless equation: unless/except/until/without(其后面部分变成必要条件,其它加NOT变充分条件)

4.特例:the only way to achieve success is to work hard.  achieve success(充分条件)

only a professional consultant can solve the organization’s problems. a professional consultant(必要条件)

no citizen can be denied the right to vote. denied the right to vote(充分条件). no citizen(必要条件)

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

所属分类: TOEFL / IELTS

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-26 00:18
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部