楼主: pennywu20
打印 上一主题 下一主题

penny的作文帖——和那个看见作文就胆怯的我说拜拜

[复制链接]
11#
 楼主| 发表于 2012-11-15 23:47:40 | 只看该作者
互改的很认真!
克服心理障碍哈,加油~~
-- by 会员 晨依Jacqueline (2012/11/15 11:09:47)

晨依回我帖了~谢谢鼓励!
12#
 楼主| 发表于 2012-11-17 18:01:27 | 只看该作者
11月16号作业
It is impossible to be completely honest with your friends.

Friendship may be one of the most beautiful things in the whole world. And people are taught to  be always honest with friends when they are young. It is admitted that honesty is the foundation of a lasting friendship, however, when concern about whether it is important for people to be completely honest with their friends, I, given the chance, would prefer to endorse that it is impossible and less helpful to do so.
   It isuniversally accepted that honesty is one of the most essential virtue forpeople to develop a friendship. Without being honest, people may lose trustfrom their friends and the friendship comes to an end. Nevertheless, being"dishonest" does mean people would do anything bad or hurt theirfriends. White lies, under some circumstances, are actually helpful and helpfriends get through hard times.
 First, being "dishonest" helps friend exert the best he or she would. When people encounter a challenge, which seems impossible to conquer, an encouragement or compliment, which may be  a white lie, from friends gives he or she  the strength to endeavor. I still remember the time when I was preparing the GMAT test. Since I had rare energy after working in the daytime and had to prepare for  the examination in17 days, I was really desperate and in a low mood. I confide my situation to one of my friends and he said "You are the cleverest girl I have ever met and I am fully convinced that you can make it!" Though I know what he said was obviously not true, his white lie actually gave me great courage and strength and eventually helped me succeed.
   Moreover, white lies help people, who suffer terrible disease, relief their stress and give them hope for life. Life is a road full of changes, and people have to face misfortune in a certain period in their lifetime. Doctors, families trend to not tell patients the truth of their disease to remove their pressure and help them to have the chance to stand up again. Consequently, dishonesty is sometimes a kind of virtue which comes out of love and help the people who suffers to have faith.
  People should be honest with their friends in mosttime and cherish the precious affection. But when friends are in adversities,like these situations above, I am convinced that being "dishonest" issometimes casts lights in their unbearable long evenings, helping you friends dotheir best to conquer a challenge and be filling with courage and hope whenthey in hard situations.

实在不知道咋写啊,point写的结构不清,修改的同学见谅
13#
发表于 2012-11-23 19:26:08 | 只看该作者
文章第一段和最后一段的模板痕迹太重了,要我是考官我会反感的。而且很容易和别人雷同。
14#
 楼主| 发表于 2012-11-23 20:14:01 | 只看该作者
文章第一段和最后一段的模板痕迹太重了,要我是考官我会反感的。而且很容易和别人雷同。
-- by 会员 茜望的天空 (2012/11/23 19:26:08)

谢谢热心茜同学指正~热泪盈眶~后面会把作文都修改一遍~
15#
 楼主| 发表于 2012-11-23 20:15:38 | 只看该作者
11月22号 独立Doyou agree or disagree with the following statement? Young people today are morelikely to help others than young people in the past.

Being the future owner of the world, the young generation has not suffered from wars, the Great Depression or many other disasters, but enjoyed the achievement made by their ancestors and the unconditional love from their parents. With this fact, many people cast doubt on the ability and willingness ofthe young to help others. However, I am convinced that the young people todayare more capable and willing to help others than young people in the past.

Young people nowadays are better educated than the past, which helpsthem bear the consciousness of helping others.Young people are taught to be helpful since they are children by their parents.After the young enter school, “being generous in giving help”is always the essential part in classes taught by teachers. It is universallyacknowledged that education plays a great influence in forming the charactersof a person, thus this generation bear this traditional virtue and try theirbest to assist whenever help is needed. Numerous little things can be observedin our daily life, for example, young people always ready to offer seats forthe elders on the buses and help direct the way for strangers in the cities.So, better education ensures the awareness of helping others embeds in the mindof the young and guide young people’s action.

Also, the young are more ready to offer and receive help to reach awin-win situation. Young people nowadays have a much more open mind and like toharness numerous medium to gather information by exchanging resources. Forexample, there are many famous search engines and forums, such as Goolge andBaidu, through which, the young offer help by answering people’s questions and receiving help by searching the answers they would like to get. I really appreciatethe advices I got from a famous forum, Chasedream. A great number of problemsare solved by the warmhearted young students who offer their precious solutions about the preparation and puzzles about TOEFL or GMAT test. Apparently, young peoplelike to utilize the high technology, offer help and create mutual benefits.  

Nevertheless, the better living condition today enables the young to outstretch their “helping hands” to others. Not suffered from starve or poverty,the young have enough energy to care about the people around them. Many young people act as volunteers in social or even international events. In the Olympic Games held every four years, you can see many young smiling faces, showing welcome and providing helps to guests from different countries Moreover,donations from young people to charitable organizations are quiet a largeamount than ever before. It is the advanced living condition that frees theyoung from only cares about themselves.

To sum up, with consciousness of helping others, win-win effect and favorable condition the young undertakes their social responsibility and always be generous in giving help to others. Present rose to others with remaining fragrance athand.
16#
发表于 2012-11-24 13:49:29 | 只看该作者
Being the future owner of the world, the younggeneration has not suffered from wars, the Great Depression or many otherdisasters, but enjoyed the achievement made by their ancestors and theunconditional love from their parents. With this fact, many people cast doubt on the ability andwillingness ofthe young to help others. However, I am convinced that theyoung people todayare more capable and willing to help others than young people (可改为those避免重复) in the past.

Young people nowadays are better educated than the past,which helpsthem bear the consciousness of helping others.Young people aretaught to be helpful since they are children by their parentsby parents放到helpful后面可能语序更好,如…taught to be helpful by their parents at an early age.After the young enter school, “being generousin giving help”is always the essential part in classes taught by teachers. Itis universallyacknowledged that education plays a great influence (plays an important role / exertinfluence upon ) in forming thecharactersof a person, thus this generation bear this traditional virtue andtry theirbest to assist whenever help is needed. Numerous little things can beobservedin our daily life, 此处应该为句号 for example, young people (are)  always ready to offer seats forthe elders onthe buses and help direct the way for strangers in the cities.So, bettereducation ensures the awareness of helping others, embeds in the mind of theyoung and guides young people’s action.

Also, the young are more ready to offer and receive help toreach awin-win situation. Young people nowadays have a much more open mind andlike to harness numerous medium to gather information by exchanging resources.Forexample, there are many famous search engines and forums, such as GoolgeandBaidu, through which, the young offer help by answering people’s questionsand receiving help by searching the answers they would like to get (they need). I really appreciatethe advices I got from afamous forum, Chasedream. A great number of problemsare solved by thewarmhearted young students who offer their precious solutions about thepreparation and puzzles about TOEFL or GMAT test. Apparently, young peopleliketo utilize the high technology, offer help and create mutual benefits.  

Nevertheless(此处是递进为何要用转折?), the better living condition today enables the young to outstretch their “helping hands”to others. Not suffered from starve (starvation) or poverty,the younghave enough energy to care about the people around them. Many young people actas volunteers in social or even international events. In the Olympic Games heldevery four years, you can see many young smiling faces, showing welcome andproviding helps to guests from different countries Moreover,donations fromyoung people to charitable organizations are quiet a largeamount (可改为…account for quite a large proportion…更好) than ever before. It is the advanced livingcondition that frees theyoung from only cares about themselves.
(生活条件变好——更乐于助人这个逻辑可以借用,多谢^^

To sum up, with consciousness of helping others, win-wineffect and favorable condition the young undertakes their social responsibilityand always be generous in giving help to others. Present rose to others with remaining fragrance at hand.
17#
 楼主| 发表于 2012-11-25 00:23:58 | 只看该作者
Thanks!
18#
 楼主| 发表于 2012-11-25 00:26:32 | 只看该作者
11月24号 独立写作请见本帖11# 谢谢11月24号 综合写作
The professor actually contradicts the statements about salvage logging made in the reading passage. She is of the view that although removing the remains of dead trees helps little after disasters, it may lead longer damage and it is not as beneficial as described in the passage.

First, according to the lecture, removing the dead trees does not create favorable condition for fresh tree to grow immediately. Actually, the decomposition of remains of the dead trees enables the soil filled with nutrition, which will benefit the future growth of the new trees. And rapid removal of the trees will make negative effects by leaving the soil lacks necessary nutrients for growth.

Furthermore, contrary to the belief in the passage that salvage logging helps reduce the dangers of insect infestation, the professor asserts that the increaseof insects does little harm to the trees. The spruce bark beetle has lived inAmerica for almost a hundred years, without doing harm to the spruce. Moreover,the insects are often utilized by animals, which are essential contributors thathelp forest from being damaged, such as birds and other insects. Consequently, thoughthe number of the insects may increase, it will benefit the forest in long-round.

Finally, the professor also points out that the economic benefits of the salvage logging is small and notlong lasting. Since helicopters and other facilities are needed to assist removal,it will cost a considerable amount of money for people to use and maintain theseequipments. Also, the project often needs outside workers with more experience ratherthan the local people. Extra positions will not be achieved. This makes thelast point in the passage indefensible.

In conclusion,the contents in the passage are totally jeopardized by the professor, who usesthree contradictory points to weaken the argument.
19#
 楼主| 发表于 2013-4-28 21:07:38 | 只看该作者
tpo09 综合
The professor actually contradicts the statement made in the passage that the fuel-cell engine has more advantages over internal-combustion engines and will replace them in the future. He is of the view that though the internal-combustion engines do have some defects, the fuel-cell engine is not the solution to these problems.

First, according to the lecturer, the hydrogen is not available, which indicates that the rescores for the new engine will also be scarce. He says that hydrogen cannot be directly obtained from water. To be specific, in order to be usable to the fuel-cell engine, the hydrogen should be obtained in liquid state first, which is an artificial substance. Also, pure hydrogen is hard to keep and consumes a lot of energy. It needs to be kept in extremely low temperature.

Furthermore, contrary to the belief in the passage that the hydrogen-based fuel cells will be more environmentally friendly, the professor states that although engine which uses hydrogen produces less pollution, the process of producing the hydrogen creates more. Actually, it needs a large amount of energy, which is produced by burning oil and coal and produces harmful by-products.

Finally, the professor also points out that it will be highly expensive to manufacture the hydrogen cell engine. One kind of expensive metal, platinum, is an indispensible factor in the chemical reaction of producing energy. And no cheaper alternative has been found. This makes the final economically competitive point indefensible.

In conclusion, the contents in the passage are totally jeopardized by the professor who uses three points to weaken the argument.

限时写的,没思考就堆上去了。先交着吧。
20#
 楼主| 发表于 2013-5-13 20:43:29 | 只看该作者
5月12号 作业
独立Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?The rules that the whole society today expect young people to follow are too strict.

With the development of modern society, we can easily perceive young people busy engage in their study, works and many other stuffs. This contributes to an idea belief that the rules that the society today expect the young to follow are too strict. However, I disagree. I believe rules that society set for young people are actually much looser than the past.

First, due to the convertion of people’s concept, the whole society is becoming more willing and capable to show understanding and pardon to the young’s behavior. Numerous rules which are necessary in the past are not in requirements, such as some etiquette. For instance, students are demanded to respect teachers and treat them as an elder like our parents in the past. Students may have to make a blow when he sees a teacher. But now the young can be both friends and students with teachers. Less etiquette is needed and young people can communicate more freely with the seniors.

Furthermore, the whole society is actually showing more concern and paying more attention to the conditions of the young. Instead of forcing young people to cater its criterions, society desires to assist the young to achieve a bright and happy future. A large number of media focus on the problems incurred in juveniles’ growth. In the last year, Topics in Focus, which is the top famous news program in China, made a report about the severe internet addition happened in juveniles, aged from 14 to 18. In this report, it reveals the horrible negative effect that internet addition made to both the physical and mental conditions of the young and make suggestion to parents to help the young people avoid being addicted. Thus, with the care from society young people will have better opportunity to realize a favorable development.

Admittedly, nowadays, as the competition between people become fiercer, it is inevitably for the young to be required to become expertise in different areas. Young people have to obtain knowledge in numerous areas, if they want to have a better performance in their work. For example, if an employ in the art auction house should not just be sophisticated in aesthetics and the evaluation of a masterpiece, but also in the principle of accounting and financial management. This tendency is attributed to the integration and industry in modern world. Consequently, young people need to spare more effort to meet the qualification of a job, but basic rules set by society should not bear the major responsibility.

To sum up, Society has more tolerance to young people’s behavior and actually cares more about the young. Though young people need to acquire more skills to achieve success in career, the basic rules that society set for the young are not stricter than those in the past.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

所属分类: TOEFL / IELTS

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-9-21 21:53
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部