我觉得还是so ...that...问题(如果earn是不及物的话。。。)

至于及物不及物。。。这个我同意。。。

太多这种东西了..肯定不会只有及物不及物的排除点..尼玛难不成还让我们把剑桥的及物不及物都看一遍
13#
发表于 2012-9-14 19:19:19 | 只看该作者
我觉得earing挺好的其实,不知道大家怎么想??
-- by 会员 lumolumo (2012/9/11 16:39:57)

TMD, 这题我让我深刻感觉到gmatOG13比OG12还要阴险的多。

我做这题,看到分词ed, 以为是过去时,中间没有“and”和前面谓语动词(held)平行,向后找也没有“and”,就放心大胆的把v-ed排除了,一方面自己漏考虑 V-ED就近修饰的问题。 另外一方面,主要就是像你说的,我觉得语义上the pilot earning 搭配起来挺顺口的,就没有往分词方面想。

做的我心惊肉跳。

不知道其他NN看出一些其他思路来没?
14#
发表于 2012-9-14 19:23:57 | 只看该作者

我做这题,看到分词ed, 以为是过去时,中间没有“and”和前面谓语动词(held)平行,向后找也没有“and”,就放心大胆的把v-ed排除了,一方面自己漏考虑 V-ED就近修饰的问题。 另外一方面,主要就是像你说的,我觉得语义上the pilot earning 搭配起来挺顺口的,就没有往分词方面想。

做的我心惊肉跳。

不知道其他NN看出一些其他思路来没?
-- by 会员 abjure (2012/9/14 19:19:19)

从A选项得出思路

两个部分是related不是independent,还有so that的问题

。。。没看到so 。。。 that,就会被earning给坑了
15#
发表于 2012-9-14 19:49:16 | 只看该作者

做的我心惊肉跳。

不知道其他NN看出一些其他思路来没?
-- by 会员 abjure (2012/9/14 19:19:19)

从A选项得出思路

两个部分是related不是independent,还有so that的问题

。。。没看到so 。。。 that,就会被earning给坑了
-- by 会员 DUKB24 (2012/9/14 19:23:57)

说的好,有启发。 说实话,今天昨晚OG13 新增21题,把握郁闷的不行。吃饭都比平时提早了一个小时,那就是化悲愤为食欲。。

快考试了,还是这个烂水平。。。。 。 不吐槽了,干正活
16#
发表于 2012-10-3 18:44:54 | 只看该作者
挖个坟。
刷第三遍的时候才彻底搞懂V-ING的用法。

个人觉得这里不能改EARNING,因为V-ING的用法是:
1)修饰主语和谓语 & 2)SIMULTANEOUS/IMMEDIATE CONSEQUENCE。

前一部分:HELD 17 RECORDS可以看出 2)说不通。
17#
发表于 2012-10-3 19:40:10 | 只看该作者
挖个坟。
刷第三遍的时候才彻底搞懂V-ING的用法。

-- by 会员 wxtttt (2012/10/3 18:44:54)

just satisfy one of them is ok ( the first would have been better by changing in this way : providing extra information for the preceding clause)

OG12 #30:  For members of theseventeenth-century Ashanti nation in Africa, animal-hide shields with woodenframes were essential items of military equipment, protecting warriorsagainst enemy arrows and spears.

if the sentence should satisfy the two requirement you have written, then it should not be correct..

open to discussion
18#
发表于 2012-10-3 20:14:38 | 只看该作者
挖个坟。
刷第三遍的时候才彻底搞懂V-ING的用法。

just satisfy one of them is ok ( the first would have been better by changing in this way : providing extra information for the preceding clause)

OG12 #30:  For members of the seventeenth-century Ashanti nation in Africa, animal-hide shields with wooden frames were essential items of military equipment, protecting warriors against enemy arrows and spears.

if the sentence should satisfy the two requirement you have written, then it should not be correct..

open to discussion
-- by 会员 DUKB24 (2012/10/3 19:40:10)

DU大回帖真荣幸~

记不得哪个帖子挖出来的,应该是RON对V-ING的讲解,里面提到了两个必须都满足。

the"comma + ing" modifier should only be used when:

(A)
itMODIFIES THE ENTIRE ACTION of the preceding clause, and it APPLIES TO THESUBJECT of that clause;

AND

(B)
oneof the following is true:
(1)the "ing" action is SIMULTANEOUS with, and SUBORDINATE to, the mainaction;
-i ran down the sidewalk, flapping my arms wildly
(2)the "ing" action is a DIRECTAND IMMEDIATE CONSEQUENCE of the mainaction.
-i got a 100 on the most recent exam, bringing my average up to 91

--

sinceCOMMA + -ING clauses are automatically attributed to the SUBJECT of thepreceding clause, this modifies the moon.
asit clearly should, in context.

alsonote that it applies not only to that subject, but to the entire action of thatclause (this is what makes it "adverbial").

two problems with that choice:

1) when you use a COMMA -ING modifier after a clause**, you should actuallysatisfy TWO requirements:
-- the modifier should modify theaction of the preceding clause, as you have stated;
AND
-- the subject of the preceding clause should alsomake sense as the agent of the-ING action.

examples:
Joe broke the window, angering his father. -->this sentence makes sense,because it correctly implies that Joe "angeredhis father".
thewindow was broken byJoe, angering his father.-->this sentence doesn't make sense, because it implies that the window(i.e., notJoe himself) angered Joe's father.

my brothertricked me, disappointing Dad -->implies that dad is disappointed in my brother for tricking me (and notnecessarily disappointed in me for being tricked).
I was trickedby my brother, disappointing Dad -->implies that dad is disappointed in me because i fell for my brother's trick(and not that he's disappointed in my brother for tricking me).

OG12#30觉得应该是满足(B)的(2)的

19#
 楼主| 发表于 2012-10-3 20:26:43 | 只看该作者
挖个坟。
刷第三遍的时候才彻底搞懂V-ING的用法。

OG12 #30:For members of the seventeenth-century Ashanti nation in Africa, animal-hide shields with wooden frames were essential items of military equipment, protecting warriors against enemy arrows and spears.

open to discussion

DU大回帖真荣幸~

(A)
itMODIFIES THE ENTIRE ACTION of the preceding clause, and it APPLIES TO THESUBJECT of that clause;

AND

(B)

--

sinceCOMMA + -ING clauses are automatically attributed to the SUBJECT of thepreceding clause, this modifies the moon.

alsonote that it applies not only to that subject, but to the entire action of thatclause (this is what makes it "adverbial").

1) when you use a COMMA -ING modifier after a clause**, you should actuallysatisfy TWO requirements:
-- the modifier should modify theaction of the preceding clause, as you have stated;
AND
-- the subject of the preceding clause should alsomake sense as the agent of the-ING action.

examples:
Joebroke the window, angeringhis father. -->this sentence makes sense,because it correctly implies that Joe "angeredhis father".
thewindowwas broken byJoe, angeringhis father.-->this sentence doesn't make sense, because it implies that the window(i.e., notJoe himself) angered Joe's father.

my brothertricked me, disappointing Dad -->implies that dad is disappointed in my brother for tricking me (and notnecessarily disappointed in me for being tricked).
I was trickedby my brother, disappointing Dad -->implies that dad is disappointed in me because i fell for my brother's trick(and not that he's disappointed in my brother for tricking me).

OG12#30觉得应该是满足(B)的(2)的

-- by 会员 wxtttt (2012/10/3 20:14:38)

您好,看见你们顶起帖子,说下自己的粗鄙的想法:
这里不满足(2),(2)为表结果
i got a 100 on the most recent exam, bringing my average up to 91

我参加了这个exam,导致了平均分。。。。
但是这里的句子For members of the seventeenth-century Ashanti nation in Africa, animal-hide shields with wooden frames were essential items of military equipment, protecting warriors against enemy arrows and spears.
animal-hides 是一种必要的items。。。有结果么?不可能是一个行为导致一个结果,所以不符合
其实因为这里是系动词were,不表示动作,所以ing只能就近修饰,这个系动词可以用来判断ing的作用。
open to discuss
20#
发表于 2012-10-3 20:32:02 | 只看该作者
挖个坟。
刷第三遍的时候才彻底搞懂V-ING的用法。

OG12 #30:  For members of the seventeenth-century Ashanti nation in Africa, animal-hide shields with wooden frames were essential items of military equipment, protecting warriors against enemy arrows and spears.

open to discussion

DU大回帖真荣幸~

(A)

AND

(B)

--

AND

examples:
Joe broke the window, angering his father. -->this sentence makes sense,because it correctly implies that Joe "angeredhis father".
thewindow was broken byJoe, angering his father.-->this sentence doesn't make sense, because it implies that the window(i.e., notJoe himself) angered Joe's father.

OG12#30觉得应该是满足(B)的(2)的

-- by 会员 wxtttt (2012/10/3 20:14:38)

基本上OG上的RON解释我都看过了一下嘿

我还是认为如果两个同时满足的话太过严苛了。。。像OG的30题我不觉得是一个simultaneous action或者consequence

这里provide extra information for the preceding clause
说明 Q:how they are essential items
A: because they protect.....(感觉如果按照同时或者unavoidable来抓字面意思不太符合语境)

可以继续讨论
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

IESE MBA
近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-9-23 00:32
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部