返回列表 发新帖
查看: 2104|回复: 4
打印 上一主题 下一主题

丁丁倒数 77#

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2012-7-21 21:47:43 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
13. Politician: The bill that makes using car phones while driving illegal should be adopted. My support of this bill is motivated by a concern for public safety. Using a car phone seriously distracts the driver, which in turn poses a threat to safe driving. People would be deterred from using their car phones while driving if it were illegal to do so.

The argument's main conclusion follows logically if which one of the following is assumed?

(A) The more attention one pays to driving, the safer a driver one is.
(B) The only way to reduce the threat to public safety posed by car phones is through legislation.
(C) Some distractions interfere with one's ability to safely operate an automobile.
(D) Any proposed law that would reduce a threat to public safety should be adopted.
(E) Car phone use by passengers does not distract the driver of the car.

OA is D.
what's wrong with A and C?
收藏收藏 收藏收藏
沙发
发表于 2012-7-22 02:57:38 | 只看该作者
This is a sufficient assumption question, which means if the new assumption is added, the argument must be absolutely right, and only D can do this, D makes this argument absolutely right.

C should be kicked out immediately, because it has "some", normally only correct in necessary assumption questions.

A is wrong, because it cannot quarantee the righteousness of this argument either.
板凳
发表于 2012-7-22 03:03:07 | 只看该作者
love what you did, posted so many amazing questions, I am doing on it right now, it's boring and tough.

I would love to post some too, but since I am doing some very new preptest, I am afraid that posting those questions will ruin your plan.
地板
 楼主| 发表于 2012-7-22 08:31:52 | 只看该作者
This is a sufficient assumption question, which means if the new assumption is added, the argument must be absolutely right, and only D can do this, D makes this argument absolutely right.

C should be kicked out immediately, because it has "some", normally only correct in necessary assumption questions.

A is wrong, because it cannot quarantee the righteousness of this argument either.
-- by 会员 s_dUSA (2012/7/22 2:57:38)

Thanks so much!  your reply gives me encouragement!

After rethinking the choice A, it might also be wrong because "the safer a driver one is" focused on the driver while the primary purpose of the bill was meant to be "concern for public safety".

Anyway, it will be really great if more of us share the good questions we meet and discuss them together. It adds to the whole long-lasting preparation so much fun.
5#
发表于 2012-7-22 10:43:15 | 只看该作者
you are right, I didn't see that!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

所属分类: 法学院申请

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-29 00:58
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部