搜索
返回列表 发新帖
楼主: 普渡哥
打印 上一主题 下一主题

GRE战略级王道指导_决胜作文.docx

[复制链接]
251#
发表于 2012-10-22 17:02:44 | 只看该作者
The following appeared as part of an article in a business magazine.
A recent study rating 300 male and female Mentian advertising executives according to
the average number of hours they sleep per night showed an association between the
amount of sleep the executives nedd and the success of their firms.Of the advertising
firms studies, those whose executives reported needing no more than 6 hours of sleep
per night had higher profit margins and faster growth. These results suggest that if a
business wants to prosper, it should hire only people who need less than 6 hours of
sleep per night.
Write a response in which you examine the stated and unstated assumptions of the
argument.

The argument is well presented and appears to be relatively sound at first glance. The
author recommends that a business should hire only people who need less than 6 hours of
sleep per night in order to prosper. To uphold this recommendation, the author cited a
study about 300 male and female advertising executives' sleeping time. However, the
argument is rife with holes and unsubstantiated assumption.

Initially, according to the study, the author unnecessarily assumes that the number of
hours these executives sleep per night and their firms' profit margins have causal
relationship. However, it is unreasonable. There is scant evidence about the detailed
information of these advertising executives. We can confidently believe that all these
people have powerful leadership, self-controlled, and elegant eloquence. And it is
possibly these qualities that make their firms' prosper. In this case, the author's
conclusion that hiring people who need less than 6 hours of sleep per night can improve
a company's profit is unwise.(9")

Furthermore, the assumption that the executives use more times which they reduced from
sleeping time on working is open to doubt. Until more investigation about the actual
usage of these reduced time to be provide, we can argue that maybe the executives spent
these time on private recreational activities such shopping, drinking in the bar or
playing sports. Without considering these possibilities , the speaker can not assert
the causal association between the amount of sleep and success of their firms.

Even if it is the number of executives' sleep hours that determine the advertising
firms' performance, the speaker's conclusion depends on the assumption that advertising
firms are representative of all business. Nevertheless, due to the special
characteristic of industry, many companies require their employees have enough sleeping
time to restore their energy. If the workers sleep less than 6 hours per night, their
efficiency might be weakened and than the company's profit would be negatively
effected. Therefore, even though the success of these advertising firms, I am still  
not convinced that a business could prosper if it hire worker who have less sleeping
time. (10;)

In summary, in order to make the argument more cogent and persuasive, the speaker
should provide detailed information of these advertising executives and Mentian
adverting firm is representative of other eles business. Otherwise, I remain
unconvinced the recommendation.
252#
发表于 2012-10-22 17:21:41 | 只看该作者
顶!
253#
发表于 2012-10-23 10:08:16 | 只看该作者

看起来是好东西!!!!

看起来是好东西!!
254#
发表于 2012-10-23 12:31:27 | 只看该作者
gkj
255#
发表于 2012-10-23 17:04:53 | 只看该作者
you make me happier than I ever though I could be!
256#
发表于 2012-10-26 19:13:26 | 只看该作者
ding
257#
发表于 2012-11-1 21:11:36 | 只看该作者
258#
发表于 2012-11-1 21:28:51 | 只看该作者
支持!!
259#
发表于 2012-11-2 06:53:02 | 只看该作者
dddddddddddddd
260#
发表于 2012-11-3 10:40:49 | 只看该作者
唉,想死的心都有了
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-9-27 10:25
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部