返回列表 发新帖
查看: 12501|回复: 25
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[套词] 一次失败的套词经历(真实的故事,CD制造)

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2011-11-23 11:17:46 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
大家套词的时候千万不要幻想,因为现实离想象还是很远。如果你套词成功,教授们会给你很明显的确据。千万别在套教授的过程中被教授给骗了。下面给大家看看我跟一个斯坦福老师套词失败的过程,绝对真实经历:

Dear Prof.xxx,

I am graduating from Purdue University with a master degree next year, and I am seeking a PHD opportunity. I like your research on energy, and I hope to have a chance to follow you on that. I really appreciate if you can give me a chance. Thanks for considering.

Best regards,
CD普渡哥

Hi 普渡哥, I noticed that you have some background using mass spectrometry. I do have a project that involves experiments of trace metal measurements using a custom-built instrument. If you have an interest I urge you to apply.

xxx, Assistant Professor
Stanford University
Department of Energy Resources Engineering
367 Panama Street
Green Earth Sciences 092A
Stanford, CA  94305-2220

Dear Professor,

I am so happy to hear from you, especially for the news of such a project. I am doing mass spectrometry instrumentation, and I am so glad if I can do that project. I will submit my application these days as soon as possible.
I can take some courses at Purdue next semester based on the research. Dear professor, do you have any suggestions about what kind of knowledge I should prepare for the research? I will work very hard if you can give me this opportunity.
Thanks very much.

Best regards,
CD普渡哥

Hi 普渡哥, If you're interested in carrying out modeling work in addition to experiments then a quantum mechanics course would be useful. Taking it in your physical chemistry dept may be most appropriate. I look forward to seeing your application.

Dear Professor,

Thanks very much for you email. In fact I am already taking the class Quantum Computing in Purdue Physics this semester, and I am interested in Quantum Physics. Quantum Computing is a higher level class than Quantum Mechanics in Purdue Physics department, which includes basic comprehensions of Quantum Mechanics. I also have registered the class Linear Algebra in Mathematics.Dear professor, do you have some other suggestions about classes? or I shall go ahead to read some papers?

I already started my application yesterday, and I will submit the application around the end of this week. Shall I mention your name in the application? I will let you know what is going on with the application.

I am looking forward to California, and I will work very hard for you and for the Lab. Thanks so much.

May peace and happiness go with you and your family.

Best regards,

CD普渡哥

Dear Professor,

I have 3 professors from Purdue who are going to write me recommendations, and I am preparing my personal statement. I will finish it today, and I can submit my application this weekend.
I can spend a lot of time preparing my knowledge for the projects next semester at Purdue. Please feel free to let me know what you want me to do.
Thanks.

Best regards,

CD普渡哥

Dear Professor,

How are you doing? I have finished my application,and I send you a copy of it.
May you and your family have a good Thanks Giving.

With best regards,
CD普渡哥

Dear Professor,

How are you doing? I am having my final week.
I have submitted my application, and now I have to wait for the result.
Dear Professor, what are your suggestions for my winter holiday before the Spring semester? and shall I read some papers that may help with the projects? Thanks so much.

May everything goes well.

Best regards,

CD普渡哥

Dear Professor,

How are you doing? I have finished my final exams last week.
I have some spare time now, and do you have any suggestions about what kind of papers I can read now?
I hope to be your student, and I really like the projects of your group. I will work very hard for you if I can be admitted.

May you and your family have a good Christmas.

Best regards,
CD普渡哥

Hi 普渡哥, I'm putting you in touch with my senior PhD student, Bihter Padak. She will be able to recommend useful readings.

Thanks,

xxx

Dear Professor,

Thank you so much. I took the class PHY526(Quantum Computing) last semester, and my instructor in Physics department told me that I am "A" candidate for the class. Next semester I am going to take another physics class(PHY617, statistical mechanics) given by that instructor. I think this course may also help with quantum modeling.
      I will contact Dr. Padak for readings. Thank you so much.
      Mary Christmas!

Best regards,

CD普渡哥

Dear Professor,

Here is an update of a paper which is going to be published in Analytical Chemistry.

Best regards,

CD普渡哥

Dear Professor,

Here is an update of a paper which is going to be published in Analytical Chemistry.

Best regards,

CD普渡哥

Hi 普渡哥, Thank you for sharing.

xxx, Assistant Professor
Stanford University
Department of Energy Resources Engineering
367 Panama Street
Green Earth Sciences 092A
Stanford, CA  94305-2220

Dear Professor,
Happy Chinese New Year to you and your family! May you have a happy and successful Rabbit year.

Best regards,

CD普渡哥

Dear Professor,

How are you doing?

I am waiting for the application result. I keep on checking my status everyday, but can not get anything new. I look forward to going toStanford as soon as possible, as it is my dream to do my PHD under your supervision in the following years. I really like the topics you suggested.
    I am traveling in China this week, and will go back to Purdue next week. It will be the greatest news this year if I can get my offer from you.
    Thank you so much.

Best regards,
CD普渡哥

Dear Prof.Wilcox,

How are you doing?
I am waiting for the application result anxiously these days. Dear professor, could you please help check my application status?
I appreciate for your great help. I hope to go to work for you as early as I can.

Best regards,
CD普渡哥

Dear Jian Xu, Admissions are very competitive this year and I do not have an answer for you yet. I think we'll be sending out all notices within the next month.

Sincerely,

xxx

Dear Professor,

I see. I really hope to be your student, and I did not apply to many universities. The research subjests you suggested are so attractive to me. I will work hard and try my best to be a good PhD student of you.
Thank you so much for your help and consideration.

Best regards,
CD普渡哥

Dear Professor,

How are you doing?

I am graduating from Purdue this May, and I am working on my thesis these days. I check email every hour to see whether any news of my application come up, however I may still have to be patient with it. I hope I can be lucky enough to be your student, and I can not find anyone else better to follow with my PhD study.
I really want to thank you for your help and encouragement during this special time.

Best regards,

CD普渡哥

Dear Professor,

Do you think it is easier to get admitted if I apply again this year? Thanks so much!

Best regards,

CD普渡哥

Dear 普渡哥, What are your GRE scores? How are your grades and what classes have you taken having to do w/ Energy applications. What are your interests?

Dear Professor,

I contact you for application for last full semester, and I was working on mass spectrometer instrumentation. I applied for PhD in your group but failed last year.

My GRE is 1480, and I took a lot of engineering classes. My GPA at Purdue is 3.64.

Best regards,

CD普渡哥

Dear 普渡哥, The application process was very difficult last year. I may have an opening next year. I urge you to apply again, but certainly do not count on acceptance into the program. You should also apply to other programs.

最后普渡哥放弃了去斯坦福读博士的梦想。。。。。

收藏收藏 收藏收藏
沙发
 楼主| 发表于 2011-11-23 11:19:40 | 只看该作者
你看懂了吗?
板凳
发表于 2011-11-23 12:07:41 | 只看该作者
木有
地板
发表于 2011-11-23 12:11:22 | 只看该作者
多谢普渡哥分享~~~~
5#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-11-23 12:11:42 | 只看该作者
自习看看,就两个人之间的信。一个是普渡哥,一个是斯坦福老师。。。
6#
发表于 2011-11-23 13:07:10 | 只看该作者
感觉有点没有抓住point……是说这个professor其实一直都是在敷衍是吧……但是我感觉看起来也挺想那么回事儿的……
7#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-11-23 13:08:45 | 只看该作者
是啊,高级的敷衍。。大家要吸取教训了。。。
8#
发表于 2011-11-23 16:48:22 | 只看该作者
套磁真的不是一件容易的事啊
9#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-11-23 21:30:12 | 只看该作者
那是,很不容易。。。。要考虑中美文化差异。。。
10#
发表于 2011-11-23 22:06:17 | 只看该作者
被忽悠了啊
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-19 17:01
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部