ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
查看: 3475|回复: 8

[语文] CD新GRE每日填空练(双空)--23(qq群:176288945)

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-11-10 10:23:14 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Exercise 23  

1. Although the revelation that one of thecontestants was a friend left thejudge open to charges of lack of______, thejudge remained adamant in her assertion that acquaintance did notnecessarily imply______.            
Blank (i)                     Blank (ii)
A detachment      D tolerance
B exoneration    E foreknowledge
C prejudice            F partiality

2. Exposure to sustained noise has beenclaimed to______blood pressureregulation in human beings and, particularly,to increase hypertension, even though some researchers have obtainedinconclusive results that______therelationship.            
Blank (i)            Blank (ii)
A sharpen    D buttress
B increase    E obscure
C impair      F neutralize

3. Although the feeding activities of whalesand walruses give the seafloor ofthe Bering Shelf a devastated appearance,these activities seem to be actually______to the area, ______itsproductivity.                  
Blank (i)               Blank (ii)
A beneficial       D encumbering
B detrimental       E redirecting
C superfluous   F enhancing

4. Our new tools of systems analysis,powerful though they may be, leadto______theories, especially, andpredictably, in economics and political science, where productive approaches havelong been highly______.            
Blank (i)                     Blank (ii)
A instinctive         D discriminating
B philosophical    E random
C perennial         F ephemeral

5. The ______questions that consistentlystructure the study of history mustbe distinguished from merely______questions,which have their day and then pass into oblivion.            
Blank (i)               Blank (ii)
A milestone            D tolerable
B regression       E significant
C misjudgment    F disappointing

6. As the first streamlined car, the Airflowrepresented a______in automotivedevelopment, and although its saleswere______, it had an immense influence on automobile design.                      
Blank (i)       Blank (ii)
A pragmatic    D intuitional
B explanatory    E elusive
C simplistic    F convergent

7. A war, even if fought for individualliberty and democratic rights, usuallyrequires that these principles be______, forthey are______the regimentation and discipline necessary for militaryefficiency.            
A competent    D reconciled with
B random    E emphasized by
C swift         F associated with

8. In the design of medical experiments, theneed for ______ assignment oftreatments to patients must be ______ thedifficulty of persuading patients to participate in an experiment in which theirtreatment is decided by chance.              
A spurious    D deceptively
B elegant      E ostensibly
C vexing     F notoriously

9. Number theory is rich in problems of anespecially______sort: they aretantalizingly simple to statebut______difficult to solve.                      
A espoused    D fulfilled through
B suspended    E incompatible with
C followed    F inherent in

10. No one is ______ about Stephens; heinspires either uncritical adulationor profound ______ in those who work for him.  
A neutral     D consternation
B infuriated    E anxiety
C worried    F antipathy
发表于 2011-11-10 23:24:16 | 显示全部楼层
楼主好像选项顺序弄错了几个额。。。也就是题目和选项不匹配,弄混了。。。
 楼主| 发表于 2011-11-11 06:56:56 | 显示全部楼层
正确答案:

AF CE AF CE CF AF BE BD CF AF
发表于 2011-11-22 09:19:41 | 显示全部楼层
是呀,贴错了。
发表于 2011-11-22 09:20:27 | 显示全部楼层
4. Our new tools of systems analysis, powerful though they may be, leadto______theories,  
especially, and predictably, in economics and political science, where productive approaches  
have long been highly______.      

Blank (i)       Blank (ii)
A pragmatic    D intuitional
B explanatory    E elusive
C simplistic    F convergent
发表于 2011-11-22 09:21:06 | 显示全部楼层
5. The ______questions that consistentlystructure the study of history mustbe distinguished  
from merely______questions,which have their day and then pass into oblivion.            
Blank (i)               Blank (ii)

Blank (i)                     Blank (ii)
A instinctive         D discriminating
B philosophical    E random
C perennial         F ephemeral
发表于 2011-11-22 09:21:26 | 显示全部楼层
6. As the first streamlined car, the Airflowrepresented a______in automotivedevelopment,  
and although its saleswere______, it had an immense influence on automobile design.            

A milestone            D tolerable
B regression       E significant
C misjudgment    F disappointing
发表于 2011-11-22 09:22:41 | 显示全部楼层
7. A war, even if fought for individualliberty and democratic rights, usuallyrequires that these principles be______, forthey are______the regimentation and discipline necessary for militaryefficiency.            
Blank (i)       Blank (ii)
A espoused    D fulfilled through
B suspended    E incompatible with
C followed    F inherent in
发表于 2011-11-22 09:24:10 | 显示全部楼层
估计都错了。。。。。改不过来了
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-3-28 21:44
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部