查看: 2691|回复: 1
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[语文] CD新GRE每日填空练(双空)--22(qq群:176288945)

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2011-11-9 07:15:02 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Exercise 22  

1. Individual freedom of thought shouldbe______more absolutely thanindividual freedom of action, given that thelatter, though also desirable,must be______the limits imposed by the rightsand freedom of others.            
Blank (i)            Blank (ii)
A exercised    D conscious of
B protected    E superior to
C curtailed    F subject to

2. When theories formerly considered tobe______ in their scientificobjectivity are found instead to reflect aconsistent observational andevaluative bias, then the presumed neutralityof science gives way to therecognition that categories of knowledge arehuman______.            
Blank (i)                    Blank (ii)
A disinterested    D imperatives
B callous                    E errors
C verifiable            F constructions

3. Although Mount Saint Helens has beenmore______during the last 4,500years than any other volcano in thecoterminous United States, its longdormancy before its recent eruption______itsviolent nature.                
Blank (i)                    Blank (ii)
A awe-inspiring    D confirmed
B explosive            E suggested
C gaseous            F belied

4. Liberty is not easy, but far better to bean ______fox, hungry andthreatened on its hill, than a______ canary,safe and secure in its cage.        
A universality    D utilized by
B decorum    E superseded by
C efficacy    F confused with

5. To test the______of borrowing from onefield of study to enrich another,simply investigate the extent to which termsfrom the one may, withoutforcing, be______the other.            
A neglected    D overemphasized
B overturned    E nullified
C qualified    F underplay

6. The wonder of De Quincey is that althoughopium dominated his life, itnever ______ him; indeed, he turned its useto ______ when he published thestory of its influence in the LondonMagazine.            
A angry            D well-fed
B imperious    E lethargic
C unfettered    F fragile

7. In failing to see that the justicespronouncement merely ______ previousdecisions rather than actually establishing aprecedent, the novice law clerk______ the scope of the justices judgment.        
A conquered    D altruism
B intimidated    E gain
C distressed    F enigma

8. Without the psychiatrists promise ofconfidentiality, trust is______and thepatients communication limited; even thoughconfidentiality can thus be seento be precious in therapy, moralresponsibility sometimes requires awillingness to______it.
A implicit    D sacrifice
B assumed    E examine
C impaired    F uphold

9. Adam Smith’s Wealth of Nations (1776) isstill worth reading, more toappreciate the current_______of Smiths validcontributions to economicsthan to see those contributions as the______of present-day economics.            
A fickle            D strength
B fanatical    E incompatibility
C congenial    F speciousness

10. While Parker is very outspoken on issuesshe cares about, she isnot______; she concedes the______of opposingarguments when theyexpose weaknesses inherent in her own.                      
Blank (i)                            Blank (ii)
A disregard                    D outgrowths
B presumptuousness    E precursors
C relevance                    F vestiges
收藏收藏 收藏收藏
沙发
发表于 2011-11-9 10:11:17 | 只看该作者
普渡哥 some of them do not make sense...
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-19 12:33
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部