ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
查看: 2255|回复: 0

[Essay] 求鞭策_Most significant accomplishment

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-11-8 16:13:30 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Some people said they can't understand why I write 1&2 paragraph.
My original meaning should be
(Classmates pursue highe degree without passion/interest. I found this problem, and want to solve it via my speech.)
If so, I might need to reorganize my words.

Any other opinions would be welcomed.
Thanks for your time.
--- ---
Your most significant accomplishment (250 words)

Before graduation, I passed the crowded classroom ever in four years: an information session of a cram school! In this smaller-than-California island, why pursuing a master degree became a must, even for students who graduated from the best university. "Do something!" I told myself. As the speaker of commencements from elementary to senior high, I volunteered once again.

Our favorite Economics professor once said, “Question yourself what your passion is." However, when I interviewed numerous graduating students, few people knew their reason for a Master certificate. Most the others haven’t understood what they want. Further schooling became a tool to escape from society.

In the 30-minute speech, I incorporated my observation with a basic economic theory. “We all knew Economic Equilibrium (life meaning) only values when budget constraint (salary) intersects with indifference curve (interest). Thus, besides money and social status, can’t we let our passion lead the way?”

My performance won a standing applause. Dean of Faculty gave me a thank-you hug. My article was forwarded to forty bulletin boards, and thousands read my words. Two years later, when I failed my third GMAT, I got an email from a finance graduate passionate about literature.

Dear Kevin, ?

I loved my journalist job. Without your speech, I may sit at the bank counter, dealing with annoying account issues now. ~ You have the magic to influence people, so GMAT won’t be your problem. Cheer up and thank you!

I cried, for this proudest moment. People can live better because of my effort.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-3-28 19:47
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部