查看: 7542|回复: 13
打印 上一主题 下一主题

【讨论一下】怎样解释工作经历里的gap~~

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2011-10-24 13:08:01 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
RT

如果有gap会不会很硬伤,因为目前辞职后在跟一个创业的朋友学习经营,应该怎样解释才会比较好呢??
收藏收藏6 收藏收藏6
沙发
 楼主| 发表于 2011-10-24 13:11:41 | 只看该作者
PS:本人木有名校情结,只是想多学点知识,开阔一下眼界,目前锁定的是排名50左右的学校,不知学校会否care~~~

背景:GMAT 700+,雅思 7,GPA:3.4
板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2011-10-24 14:31:16 | 只看该作者
木有人回复吗,,不想沉底
地板
发表于 2011-10-24 16:28:49 | 只看该作者
CD上99%的人没有你的经历 耐心等待1%的热心人来解答吧
5#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-10-24 16:47:50 | 只看该作者
难道所有的人都没有gap month吗,,,还请过来人指教一下,,多谢
6#
发表于 2011-10-24 21:09:53 | 只看该作者
Hey there, happy to offer some help , here you go:

How to Deal With Unemployment and Work Gaps
Maybe it’s because of the economy. Maybe it’s because you wanted to stop working 90-hour weeks and focus on your GMAT studies. Maybe it’s because you were stuck in a dead-end job and couldn’t handle waking up, getting dressed and spending one more minute in that god forsaken office.

Either way, you’ve got a work gap. And now you’ve got to deal with it in your MBA applications.

We all know at this point that work gaps are a challenge in the MBA application.  After all, “If you can’t get a job now, why should we believe that you would be able to get one after business school?”  B-schools like applicants who can and WILL get jobs.  GREAT jobs.  So if you appear to have trouble getting (or keeping) a steady job, it is a red flag.

But as always, we at can fix it.  We’ve seen plenty of unemployed clients get accepted. The trick is aaaaaall in the packaging. That’s all.  And of course, that is also true for the rest of your application, but that’s neither here nor there…

What you gotta do is spin it so it looks less “I got burnt out at my banking job and have spent the last 5 months perfecting my HALO skills and watching reality TV with my girlfriend” and more “There is a gap in my employment history but it is not indicative of who I am and what my potential is.  In fact, had YOU, the adcom, been faced with the same set of circumstances, you too would have experienced the same reasonable work gap.”

So, how do you package it the right way?

Two strategies you can take:

The Ballsy – Look the problem in the face. “I have been unemployed.” Lay out your reasons, and what this has led you to decide. This is not a bad one if you are laid off for market reasons. After all, shit does happen. ”I worked for Lehman in 2008.  And while I was doing a great job, well, we all know how well that turned out for all 4,000 employees who worked for the (now deceased) Lehman Brothers.”

The Safe but Intelligent – This one’s a bit trickier, as it has some prerequisites. You had to have been doing at least something during your unemployment time (looking for a job doesn’t count). Could be going to night school, taking a GMAT course, starting a start-up, volunteering full-time, a combination of any and all of the above, or anything that shows that you have some thrust. You need that adcom to know that external circumstances aren’t the boss of you. That even when the market goes through a calamitous downturn, you cruise into some kind of Plan B.

You can also choose a strategy that lies somewhere on the line between these two. ”So here’s what happened.  Lehman failed big-time, but I managed to do some cool stuff anyway.  First of all, I was the LAST person to be laid off from Lehman, surviving six rounds of layoffs.  But of course I saw the writing on the wall.  As soon as things started to turn sour, I began reaching out to my network. Within a matter of days, I had begun helping a friend with his startup, drumming up both new clients and investors for FOREXAMPLE.COM.  I also began to have some extra time to devote to SAMPLENGO, where I stepped up my involvement from 2 hours per week to 6.  One month later, despite being laid off by Lehman, I was promoted to Head of Sample Group at SampleNGO.  So sure, there is a work gap.  But from my perspective, this has been one of the most productive, successful periods in my career to date…”

And there you have it. As always, there is a bulletproof strategy here.  Don’t lose your focus, and don’t’ be intimidated by a work gap.  We are here for you if you need anything.  In the wise, wise words of Weezer, if you mix it up…Ima fix it.

Feel free to visit our website for more tips

Jon Frank
Founder PrecisionEssay
7#
发表于 2016-5-5 21:12:16 | 只看该作者
Mark一下!               
8#
发表于 2016-5-23 09:21:37 | 只看该作者
Mark一下!               
9#
发表于 2016-5-26 09:11:30 | 只看该作者
JonFrank 发表于 2011-10-24 21:09
Hey there, happy to offer some help , here you go: How to Deal With Unemployment and Work GapsMaybe ...

同意!               
10#
发表于 2016-5-31 12:52:46 | 只看该作者
Mark一下!               
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-20 06:09
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部