返回列表 发新帖
查看: 2434|回复: 3
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[Essay] Essaay 遇到的问题, 求教

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2011-9-11 14:48:27 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
目前写Essay遇到一个争议的问题, why MBA, why XX school.
我的本科是纯文科, 毕业后去了四大做审计, 现在企业做财务分析, 将来也想做corporate finance (within a company). 我想强调的要点就是, 我的education background没能提供足够的专业知识, 是块短板,当初适应新工作花了不少精力学习, 所以想在MBA中加强这一块.

遇到的反对意见是, 四大的审计只是基础工作, 根本没这么难, 任何background都可以任胜,不足以写进去. 而且好多人都不是商科本科出身, 也照样在business领域里混得好, 没有必要强调本科教育的短板. 而且美国人认为转专业, 非科班出身是非常正常的现象. 不值一提.

我想听听大家怎么评论我这个要点, 到底值不值得写? 美国学校会怎么看待我这个点呢?
收藏收藏 收藏收藏
沙发
发表于 2011-9-15 20:04:11 | 只看该作者
The key my friend is to look at this VERY differently.  You don’t need an MBA because of your PAST experience—you need an MBA because of what you want to do in the FUTURE!  You haven’t gotten the expertise you need yet to do your long term career goal—and that is a PERFECTLY goal to get an MBA.  So lay out what you wanna do in the FUTURE, and explain that you lack certain skills—leadership even, management, stuff like that.  This is perhaps the most common reason to get an MBA (so you will want other reasons too) but you can abosolutely go with this one as well.  Hope this helps, and good luck!

Jon Frank
HBS 2005
板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2011-9-15 22:06:34 | 只看该作者
Thank you Jon, I've switched to address my future career goal.
May I ask you for advice for another essay question? It's an optional question: Is there anything else you think the Admissions Committee should know about you to evaluate your candidacy?

I wanna talk about my next year's promotion to assistant manager, coz the proposal has been agreed and signed by COO in my company. But the effective day will be Jan 1 2012. And at this sensitive time, I cannot ask my direct supervisor to write recommendation letter.

Is it necessay to mention this point?

The key my friend is to look at this VERY differently.  You don’t need an MBA because of your PAST experience—you need an MBA because of what you want to do in the FUTURE!  You haven’t gotten the expertise you need yet to do your long term career goal—and that is a PERFECTLY goal to get an MBA.  So lay out what you wanna do in the FUTURE, and explain that you lack certain skills—leadership even, management, stuff like that.  This is perhaps the most common reason to get an MBA (so you will want other reasons too) but you can abosolutely go with this one as well.  Hope this helps, and good luck!

Jon Frank
HBS 2005
-- by 会员 JonFrank (2011/9/15 20:04:11)

地板
发表于 2011-9-17 00:20:51 | 只看该作者
[quote]
Thank you Jon, I've switched to address my future career goal.
May I ask you for advice for another essay question? It's an optional question: Is there anything else you think the Admissions Committee should know about you to evaluate your candidacy?

I wanna talk about my next year's promotion to assistant manager, coz the proposal has been agreed and signed by COO in my company. But the effective day will be Jan 1 2012. And at this sensitive time, I cannot ask my direct supervisor to write recommendation letter.

Is it necessay to mention this point?

Sure, you can mention it.  Just do it…quickly, and confidently.  Now keep in mind, that some applications (when you get into the short answer portions) will give you space to address this issue, in the application itself.  So if you don’t have that opportunity, do it in an essay for sure.  if you DO have that opportunity in the application, no need for a special essay.  Hope this helps,. And good luck my friend!

Jon Frank
HBS 2005
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-24 09:15
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部