搜索
返回列表 发新帖
查看: 1547|回复: 0

[资料] zt TPO5 section1 释义

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-7-20 17:54:55 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Section 1
compliment
    n./'k?mpl?m?nt/1.greetings, especially when used to express praise and admiration问候;致意;祝贺 2.Politely congratulate or praise (someone) for something赞扬;称赞in such short notice  在这么短的时间内;如此之快地
The graduating class/ student 毕业班/毕业班学生
understatement  n.The presentation of something as being smaller, worse, or less important than it actually is保守的说法
economics
 n./'ik?'nɑm?ks; '?k?-/ 这篇lecture中是第二种发音 经济学academics  n.['æk?'d?m?ks]学术
impersonal  a.lacking friendly human feelings or atmosphere; making you feel unimportant缺乏人情味的;冷淡的
socially  ad.
在社交方面;善于交际地sociology
     n./?s??si??l?d?i/社会学raise one's hand, keep one's hand up
notice
        vt.to see or hear somebody/something; to become aware of somebody/something看(或听)到;注意到;意识到 <In a big room it's possible he didn't notice you.>either
         ad./'a?ð?/ KK/?i?ð?(r)/ 注意有两种发音in either case
无论在哪一种(两种之一)情况下distinguish
    vt.to do something so well that people notice and admire you使出众;使著名;使受人青睐 VN~ yourself (as sth)  <I don't know how to distinguish myself.>

stop by (something)顺路造访 <Why not stop by his office during office hours?>

pop in
         vi.偶然(或突然)来访turn to
       vt.direct one's interest or attention towards; go into; "The pedophile turned to boys for satisfaction"; "eople turn to mysticism at the turn of a millennium"
have much in common 有很多共同之处  <We have much in common.> <I don't have much in common with my roomates or anyone else I've met so far.>artsy
          a./?ɑ?tsi/Making a strong, affected, or pretentious display of being artistic or interested in the arts 附庸风雅的;似乎爱好艺术的 <Everyone's into sports, but I am more artsy, you know, into music.>cello
          n./?t?el??/ 大提琴cellist
        n./?t?el?st/a person who plays the cello大提琴手;大提琴演奏者You are not going to believe this.
这里believe被发音成/'p?liv/quartet
        n. /kw??r?tet/四重奏乐团;四重唱组合
string quartet
n.phrase 弦乐四重奏;弦乐四重奏曲high and low
  phrase. everywhere到处;各地 <They search this criminal high and low.>auditioning
   n.试音
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

所属分类: TOEFL / IELTS

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-19 04:31
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部