返回列表 发新帖
查看: 7874|回复: 11
打印 上一主题 下一主题

请教,TPO6 Reading的一题,想不通,求指点

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2011-6-26 11:46:22 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
◆ Three other explanations seem more promising. One involves physiological changes relevant to memory. Maturation of the frontal lobes of the brain continues throughout early childhood, and this part of the brain may be critical for remembering particular episodes in ways that can be retrieved later. Demonstrations of infants’ and toddlers’ long-term memory have involved their repeating motor activities that they had seen or done earlier, such as reaching in the dark for objects, putting a bottle in a doll's mouth, or pulling apart two pieces of a toy. The brain's level of physiological maturation may support these types of memories, but not ones requiring explicit verbal descriptions(这应该是定位句)

What does paragraph 3 suggest about long-term memory in children?
A.maturation of the frontal lobes of the brain is important for the long-term memory of motor acticities but not verbal descriptions.
B.Young children may form long-term memories of actions they see earlier than of things the hear or are told
C.Young children have better long-term recall of short verbal exchanges than of long ones
D.Children’s long-term recall of motor activities increases when such activities are accompanied by explicit verbal dexcriptions

答案是B,我选的A

现在觉得A\B都可根据最后一句同意转化而来,怎么回事呢?A到底错在哪里了?

收藏收藏 收藏收藏
沙发
发表于 2011-6-26 11:59:04 | 只看该作者
Different subject. Front lobes =/= brain.  (A) talks about front lobe, while the last sentence in the passage talks about the brain.

RC is must-be-true type of question.  ay attention to the scope and the subject matter.
板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2011-6-26 14:49:13 | 只看该作者
Thank u for answering.

But I'm still confused.
Look at the second sentence. "Maturation of the frontal lobes of the brain continues throughout early childhood, and this part of the brain may be critical for remembering particular episodes in ways that can be retrieved later. "

So, as far as I'm concerned, to put it more detailed, the "maturation" in this whole paragraph means "the maturation of the frontal lobes of the brian", and "The brain's level of physiological maturation " in the last sentence is just a short and general form,  instead of refering to another thing different from "the frontal lobes of the brian"

What do u think about it?

PS. thanks for emphasising me the importance of RC, I'm just on my way to achieve it.
地板
发表于 2011-6-26 18:41:37 | 只看该作者
关于你说的这道题目,我前几天刚做过,我也错了,对于答案与定位句,我是如下理解的,仅供参考,欢迎指正;

A选项排除的原因,其实就是在这一段中除了第一句(很明显第一句的比较与本题无关)之外并没有含谁比谁important的比较级句子。所以排除
本人以前考过Gmat ; 其中阅读和逻辑中都有这样一条原则:如果段落中没有比较,选项最好不要用比较
(因为比较选项中往往涉及比较对象范围的可能发生变化,以及比较方面,很纠结,应尽量回避)。
对于A项,将本段除第一句外的句子抽出主谓宾,很明显没有谁比谁important这样的比较 。
对于B选项关键包含本文中的done earlier 和 but not ones requiring explicit verbal descriptions的同义 改写
5#
发表于 2011-6-26 18:46:12 | 只看该作者
至于你说的什么同义转化的问题
我是这样理解的
A选项的重点是在比较级
B选项的重点是怎么form
所以两者的侧重点不一样,不是同义的
我建议你不要用这种思维进行阅读解题,每个选项都是独立,四选一,尽量比较选项之间的侧重的不同点,将之与文章的内容、思路对应
6#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-6-27 10:54:51 | 只看该作者
谢谢你的回答和建议,受益匪浅
7#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-6-27 11:16:42 | 只看该作者
考过GMAT推理能力应该不错吧,能不能请教两道推理题和做这类题的思路??

http://forum.chasedream.com/TOEFL_iBT/thread-570460-1-1.html

谢谢,谢谢,谢谢
8#
发表于 2011-6-27 13:11:46 | 只看该作者
LZ 做TPO好快啊
我还要等几天才到TPO 17
这两天有时间就帮你看看吧~
9#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-6-27 19:24:20 | 只看该作者
好的,谢谢,
我是听同学说TPO的难度是递增的
后面的几套比较接近考试,就先把后面的做了
10#
发表于 2011-6-29 12:21:38 | 只看该作者
lz 问题已经回复了 请查看
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

所属分类: TOEFL / IELTS

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-25 06:47
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部