ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
查看: 4132|回复: 5

[学校信息] 请分析一下加拿大York 的Schulich MBA和UBC 的Sauder MBA

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-3-18 04:56:58 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
收到这两所学校的MBA的offer, 现在纠结应该选择哪个?我一直从事international business, marketing和management的工作,不打算在financial和accounting 方向发展。请了解这两所学校的高人分析点评一下。
发表于 2011-3-18 07:33:22 | 显示全部楼层
Hi Sagamba,

I am a Canadian applicant and looked into these two programs in depth.  I have worked in a telecom company based in Vancouver that employs students from both schools.

Here are my 2 cents from a Canadian point of view:
1. Reputation wise, I think York is better perceived by employers.  It is generally more reputable in the international scene (because of it's iMBA program), and especially in Toronto.  UBC Sauder is VERY regional.  I mean graduates RARELY go outside of BC/Vancouver.  

2. Quality wise, I think the 2 schools are comparable.  Both use a mix of lecture/case methods.  Ivey is the only one in Canada that uses exclusively case based method.  Queens are Toronto are more quantitative.

What's your target industry?  Because the two schools are both relatively speaking regional schools ( where the alums are based, York - TO, UBC - Vancouver), so I would recommend look into your target industry in both provinces (BC/ON).  If your target industry has better representation in TO, then go there.

If I were you, I'd go to York.  Toronto simply has more companies/corporate presence than BC.  In BC it's mostly mining, forestry, real estate, and tourism.  However, if you want to work in one of those industries, may be UBC is more suitable for you.
发表于 2011-3-19 02:32:32 | 显示全部楼层
Also,  http://emba2.schulich.yorku.ca/emba/topten

York has a joint EMBA program with Kellogg, so you might meet some of the students from Northwestern and develop valuable contacts.
 楼主| 发表于 2011-3-21 08:17:46 | 显示全部楼层
Hi Reachkevinwang,

I appreciate your response to my question and your advice. Your analysis of strengths of Schulich and Sauder is very helpful for me to understand both schools. Did you apply to Schulich as well? Which BS are you going to?
发表于 2011-3-21 10:02:17 | 显示全部楼层
Hi Sagamba,

I am glad that you have found my notes helpful!  I applied to Ivey in Canada, because I liked the case based method.  I also got into a US school, and plans to go there because I already have worked in Canada.

Also, are you aiming for immigration?  If you are coming over from China directly, and plans to start a career in Canada, then I'd choose York.  TO has a lot more opportunities than Vancouver, especially in Finance/Consulting/Marketing.  And there are TONS of York alums in TO (both undergrad and MBA).

Please feel free for to reach out if you have other questions.

Best,

Kevin
 楼主| 发表于 2011-3-21 10:35:03 | 显示全部楼层
Hi Kevin,

Your posts come so fast. Huh..

Ivey is very strong both in real strengths and reputation. But I did not applied to it because I prefer a two-year MBA program. Rotman is the ideal one. However, my GMAT and GPA are not that high to satisfy its adcom. I heard it is very strict with academic background, from which many Chinese applicants had suffered.

I am a PR actually and live in Vancouver(I sent you PM. Check it ). My professional experience had mainly focused on Internaional Business and Marketing. Based on your comments, I guess Schulich must be more attractive. By the way, I also want to experience a different life from that in Vancouver.

Check my PM.

Cheers,

Eric
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-3-29 17:02
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部