搜索
返回列表 发新帖
楼主: loveusher
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[Essay] 智商测试的结果有必要写到申请材料里么?真心请教

[复制链接]
31#
发表于 2011-1-4 11:10:21 | 只看该作者
Genius (NOT sdcar2010 for sure): My IQ score is above 160. When I asked for advice from other people regarding whether I should put this IQ score on my resume, most of the responses I got were negative. I am depressed.

Counselor (NOT sdcar2010, either): Forget about those negative comments! Why should you listen to those who have lower IQ scores than you? The only reason that they criticized you is that they felt ashamed of their lower intelligence and by attacking you, they felt better about themselves.

Any of the following points out a flaw committed in the counselor’s argument EXCEPT

1) It attacks the characters of the people who made the negative comments instead of the logic of the negative comments.
2) It draws its conclusion based on an unrepresentative sample.
3) It overlooks the possibility that a commentator might have more than one reason to criticize Genius.
4) It assumes that a person with a higher IQ score has higher intelligence.
5) It assumes that the IQ scores of all commentators who made negative comments are lower than 160.
32#
发表于 2011-1-4 12:06:56 | 只看该作者
Genius: My IQ score is above 160. When I asked for advice from other people regarding whether I should put this IQ score on my resume, most of the responses I got were negative. I am depressed.

Counselor: Forget about those negative comments! Why should you listen to those who have lower IQ scores than you? The only reason that they criticized you is that they felt ashamed of their lower intelligence and by attacking you, they felt better about themselves.

Any of the following points out a flaw committed in the counselor’s argument EXCEPT

1) It attacks the characters of the people who made the negative comments instead of the logic of the negative comments.
3) It overlooks the possibility that a commentator might have more than one reason to criticize Genius.
5) It assumes that the IQ scores of all commentators who made negative comments are lower than 160.
-- by 会员 sdcar2010 (2011/1/4 11:10:21)

我不知道这位sdcar2010同学的智商怎么测得160的。IQ 160是人群中的0.003%。你的意思是,楼主对于99.997%的人提出的意见、建议,都可以直接忽略?我看不出这里面有什么道理可言。

对于楼主,我觉得,你有些误解了IQ的意义。无论是商学院还是其他研究生院,智商只要够高就足以应付所有的学业要求。智商高出门槛的部门,并不能显著增强学术表现。诚如很多其他CDer指出的,把你是IQ society成员的情况作为trivia写在简历里或许有锦上添花,引人注目的效果。纯粹的IQ数值所能起的效果,GMAT成绩和你以往的学术表现都能够很好地实现。强调IQ如何高不仅是画蛇添足,甚至会暴露你对商学院认识的不足。请慎重考虑。
33#
发表于 2011-1-4 12:14:13 | 只看该作者
Genius: My IQ score is above 160. When I asked for advice from other people regarding whether I should put this IQ score on my resume, most of the responses I got were negative. I am depressed.

Counselor: Forget about those negative comments! Why should you listen to those who have lower IQ scores than you? The only reason that they criticized you is that they felt ashamed of their lower intelligence and by attacking you, they felt better about themselves.

-- by 会员 sdcar2010 (2011/1/4 11:10:21)

我不知道这位sdcar2010同学的智商怎么测得160的。IQ 160是人群中的0.003%。你的意思是,楼主对于99.997%的人提出的意见、建议,都可以直接忽略?我看不出这里面有什么道理可言。

对于楼主,我觉得,你有些误解了IQ的意义。无论是商学院还是其他研究生院,智商只要够高就足以应付所有的学业要求。智商高出门槛的部门,并不能显著增强学术表现。诚如很多其他CDer指出的,把你是IQ society成员的情况作为trivia写在简历里或许有锦上添花,引人注目的效果。纯粹的IQ数值所能起的效果,GMAT成绩和你以往的学术表现都能够很好地实现。强调IQ如何高不仅是画蛇添足,甚至会暴露你对商学院认识的不足。请慎重考虑。
-- by 会员 NgKKh (2011/1/4 12:06:56)

You misread my logic problem.
34#
发表于 2011-1-4 12:16:29 | 只看该作者
How so?
35#
发表于 2011-1-4 12:27:05 | 只看该作者
How so?
-- by 会员 NgKKh (2011/1/4 12:16:29)

答案是选2)
1)是说做出消极评论的人是IQ很低的人,这个没有根据的说法不能用于反驳观点
3)忽略他因,原文提到“The only reason”
4)注意到文章论述中的小差异,前面说IQ,后面在说“lower intelligence”,所以暗中假设IQ和inteligence有关
5)另一个假设,认为给出负评的人IQ一定比genius低

2)是说counselor的反驳建立在一个不够典型的样本基础上,他给出不是样本,都是自己的假设
36#
发表于 2011-1-4 14:13:01 | 只看该作者
我的智商测过大概5,6次。基本160+,都是比较权威的,在一些high society都认可。我自己也是很多high iq society的会员。
可是不知道申请的时候该不该把这个写进去。写进去好像是添点色,让自己显得和其他人比特别一点。
不写好像对别人比较尊重。因为貌似说智商的一些东西都会比较招人烦。至少我在现实生活中很少对人着这些,真的会招人讨厌的。

真心请教。谢了!
-- by 会员 loveusher (2010/12/24 21:43:50)

How we feel about this really does not matter, but the reason why you are putting this into your essay is something you should evaluate:
1. IQ measures mainly on your speed on analyzing "unrelated" data and space and give answers (This is my interpretation on taking a couple of IQ tests). Do you think this is important for a corporate manager or a leader?
2. MBA is not a course requires sophisticated science / engineering background which IQ might help, instead, your soft skills are highly value. If you are writing that in your essays, would anyone on the adcom feel negatively just as any "average" person? If so, would this be negatively affecting their comments on your EQ, ability to maintain relationship or whether you are mature enough to be a leader?

I'm just trying to throw a few question for you to think about before really putting that in. You should make your own choice~
Good luck!
37#
发表于 2011-9-23 22:18:41 | 只看该作者
1,智商测试似乎是可以通过练习提高的。跟学业一样,学得越多,得分越高。
2,我大学时就做过3次,15x,13x,14x。不同的测试好像难度不一样,打分标准不一样。就像那个13x,我觉得我都做对了,不知道为啥会这个分。所以IQ测试不是很规范。虽然我在学校里还算非常优秀,但是必须承认还是有比我更聪明的。
3,读MBA是各方面都非常不错的人。但是不是任何一个领域里,最优秀的;EMBA另说。这一点从国内的MBA就能看出来,国外也一样。牛X的商业精英有两年时间,又可以把企业带上一个台阶。

总结:
1,如果你非常的聪明,那就去当克鲁格曼、索罗斯甚至牛顿、爱因斯坦式的人物吧!去申请名校好前景专业PhD吧!如果你能成为经济学家,绝对比名校MBA混得好!毕竟名校招前者每年几个,后者每年几百个。先不说清北的,就说南京大学,南大毕业的很少去读自己的MBA。
2,即使在学术领域,IQ也只是一部分。比如说我非常聪明,但是很懒,一样不会取得什么学术成果。
3,高IQ是你的闪光点。如果要申请MBA,我觉得可以提一点点。但要把它结合到你的故事里,用事例来衬托出来。
38#
发表于 2011-9-23 23:15:24 | 只看该作者
How so?
-- by 会员 NgKKh (2011/1/4 12:16:29)

答案是选2)
1)是说做出消极评论的人是IQ很低的人,这个没有根据的说法不能用于反驳观点
3)忽略他因,原文提到“The only reason”
4)注意到文章论述中的小差异,前面说IQ,后面在说“lower intelligence”,所以暗中假设IQ和inteligence有关
5)另一个假设,认为给出负评的人IQ一定比genius低

2)是说counselor的反驳建立在一个不够典型的样本基础上,他给出不是样本,都是自己的假设
-- by 会员 sdcar2010 (2011/1/4 12:27:05)

well, you are so sexy that your image has detained my vision . you are also smart, though. love to see your posts, lol
39#
发表于 2011-9-24 01:33:38 | 只看该作者
如果是经mensa测试并且他们官方能够证明的话写下来无妨,比如可以在extracurricular activity留下你们地区组织联系人的信息。
40#
发表于 2011-9-24 03:10:27 | 只看该作者
it defnitely means you are unique to some point, although not directly related to MBA admission, but is one of your important feature, you can include it in the essay in a more effective way.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-25 20:24
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部