返回列表 发新帖
查看: 2784|回复: 3
打印 上一主题 下一主题

关于optional essay

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2010-9-14 13:25:20 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
请问各位正在申请MBA的同仁或者已经被录取正在读的MBAers,optional essays需要写吗?写有帮助还是有害处,我听到了很多不同的版本,请帮忙解惑。

感激不尽
收藏收藏 收藏收藏
沙发
发表于 2010-9-16 09:49:52 | 只看该作者
Hello my friend, it would be my pleasure to explain the purpose of an optional essay.  The whole point of the optional essay is for you to explain something negative in your application.  If, for example, there is a gap in your work experience, you would need to address it in an optional essay.  Same with your bad GMAT scores, low GPAs, etc.  The optional essay is the place to explain negative aspects of your application.  If you don’t have anything negative to speak of, then leave the space blank!    No need to write it, unless you have to make excuses for something.

I hope this is helpful for you!

Jon Frank
Founder,
HBS MBA Class of 2005
jfrank@mba2005.hbs.edu
板凳
发表于 2010-9-16 12:55:55 | 只看该作者
Hello my friend, it would be my pleasure to explain the purpose of an optional essay.  The whole point of the optional essay is for you to explain something negative in your application.  If, for example, there is a gap in your work experience, you would need to address it in an optional essay.  Same with your bad GMAT scores, low GPAs, etc.  The optional essay is the place to explain negative aspects of your application.  If you don’t have anything negative to speak of, then leave the space blank!    No need to write it, unless you have to make excuses for something.

I hope this is helpful for you!

Jon Frank
Founder,
HBS MBA Class of 2005
jfrank@mba2005.hbs.edu
-- by 会员 JonFrank (2010/9/16 9:49:52)

Only for the explanation of sth negative?
Hi, I'm applying for the 2011fall master program, still have the optional essay to write. I'm kind of wondering if i can dig deep sth about my experience in an optional essay, which might not be fully convinced in my PS?
地板
发表于 2010-9-17 11:16:48 | 只看该作者
Only for the explanation of sth negative?
Hi, I'm applying for the 2011fall master program, still have the optional essay to write. I'm kind of wondering if i can dig deep sth about my experience in an optional essay, which might not be fully convinced in my PS?
-- by 会员 越影 (2010/9/16 12:55:55)

[/quote]

Hey thereyes, you should ONLY use the optional essay to describe something negative, or something that you havent had a chance to explain elsewhere in your essays.  So if you dont feel like you have discussed your experiences in your other essays, youll need to redo THOSE essays!  J  You do not want to cover work experiencein your optional essaythey are specifically looking for something that you havent had a chance to cover elsewhere.   I hope this is helpful for you.

Good luck!
Jon Frank
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-27 02:59
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部