返回列表 发新帖
查看: 6251|回复: 14
打印 上一主题 下一主题

per Sushi request, The discussion about IB and VC

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2003-5-17 01:03:00 | 只看该作者

per Sushi request, The discussion about IB and VC

ok, am I too confident about my knowledge? or just I have not seen things that is so obvious?

well, as long as it worth a discussion, and someone is going to benifit from it, I am all for it.

So what in the world is wrong, when I said "IB job is the top tier of finance career(I count VC in that)" ?

I know my Chinese is much better than English, isn't it?
沙发
发表于 2003-5-17 01:15:00 | 只看该作者
haha, I loved to be an ardent audience here and benefit from the discussion.
板凳
发表于 2003-5-17 11:22:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用attic在2003-5-17 1:15:00的发言:
haha, I loved to be an ardent audience here and benefit from the discussion.

So do I.
Debate makes us eloquent and smart.

谁说得有道理,我就为谁“摇旗呐喊”
地板
发表于 2003-5-19 10:15:00 | 只看该作者

Be true to ourselves

Dear Funnytiger,

As far as I am concerned, it’s difference of opinions, not a debate. Sharing different outlooks gives me much pleasure than claiming victory.

And, although I find your words -"IB job is the top tier of finance career(I count VC in that)"- hardly agreeable, I admire people who stick w/ their believes, and these people are the ones who make the most.

Best,

Sushi
5#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-5-20 02:54:00 | 只看该作者
sushi, it is never a debate at my side. (oops, does that count as a debate?)

IB industry has two-year delay comparing to other private sectors. that is, the worst of this down-turn had just started. I kept hearing about layoffs from my NYC friends. some second or third tier IB people at St. Louis and San Francisco are getting pink slip. luckily I am working for them but not one of them.

I don't like IB at all. two words to conclude it all - "no life". For people out there who want to join the party, watch out and remember "what you get is what you paid for"

MC is a better choice for me IF it is avaliable
6#
发表于 2003-5-20 10:39:00 | 只看该作者

IF.....is available

“IB ppl in San Francisco get pink slip”, I can understand that, but in St. Louis?!

Anyways, I know little about MC and thus am not in a good position to make any judgment. But business-wise (in this lousy economy), I think that IT Consulting Companies might enjoy a better life here in China – any input/correction is welcomed here.

Ever think of trying the VC/PE thing – now that you have start-up experience AND finance knowledge AND deal-cracking skills. I might give you a dose of what is happening in this sector in Asia, IF your email is available  ;0)

[此贴子已经被作者于2003-5-20 12:43:16编辑过]
7#
发表于 2003-5-20 13:31:00 | 只看该作者
Sushi, what is "PE" mean in your post above?
8#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-5-20 14:17:00 | 只看该作者
Sushi, 不打不相识啊, 哈哈

ST. Louis actually have many IB offices, that surprises me too. but well, nothing really going on in the mid point of the america, ... except for baseball. I happen to know this , because one of my elder mentor told me that he has to fly to st louis for the road show with local IBs. Considering the size of his company, I can safely say that there must be some serious IBers up there.

hey, good to know that you are doing VC in China. actually I am helping my friend here to arrange finance for his startup. The project is promising, considering that one of the top VC has sit his butt on the advisory board. write to me at funnytiger@softhome.net if you have time, thanks
9#
发表于 2003-5-20 14:48:00 | 只看该作者
PE = private equity
10#
发表于 2003-5-20 17:37:00 | 只看该作者

What is Private Equity

1. Private equity provides capital to enterprises not quoted on a stock market

PE can be used to
- develop new products and technologies,
- to expand working capital,
- to make acquisitions, or
- to strengthen a company’s balance sheet.
- to  resolve ownership issues. A succession in family-owned companies, or the buyout (MBO) and buy-in (MBI) of a business by experienced managers, may be achieved using private equity funding.

There's a link to the PE glossary that you might find useful:
http://www.calpers.ca.gov/invest/aim/glossary.htm#P

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-27 11:53
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部