返回列表 发新帖
楼主: allen2009
打印 上一主题 下一主题

Need your advice:about reapply

[复制链接]
11#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-5-18 17:35:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用chipmunk在2003-5-18 2:01:00的发言:

Seriously, I think you need to consider what if you have to come back to China after graduation. With current ecomonic situation, and the H1 quota strongly shrinks, I would imagine when you graduate you won't even get an interview chance to most U.S company. Of course, marketing and gm are amont the toughest area. I'm not saying there is no successful cases, but those guys all have very strong W/E.

Thanks for the frank words, chipmunk bro.
So, what's your suggestion for the concentrations ?
12#
发表于 2003-5-19 06:28:00 | 只看该作者
I agree that Chinese MBAs forcusing on marketing is not easy to gind a job, because it strongly related to the native culture of US, which is obviousely not our strength.

Regarding the GM, it is a very broad area, it is hard to say. However, recently those traditional industry, such as automobil, manufacture, entertainment Mgnt, and Hotel Mgnt become a hobor for newly mint MBAs in the current economy situation in the US.

FYI

Attic
13#
发表于 2003-5-20 14:34:00 | 只看该作者
allen2009, 我们有惊人的相似,同样的2003和2004。我也申请了你列的后三所学校,同样全DING。的确太多牛人用indiana来backup了。
你有被WL吗?我想如果indiana那么快就把我们举了是不是再申请也难说。而yale我不打算re了,一直搞不清他的面试要求,而且据说偏好高分。M我想再试,去年没约上面试。你在北京吗?
14#
发表于 2003-5-25 11:27:00 | 只看该作者
Why not try Darden and U of Chicago, they also have decent marketing and general management program. Moreover, I blieve you can also look ranking staff to pick up one or two more. Some of those your applied schools are not reapplicant friendly. So you'd better to talk with some their graduates and find out which one makes more sense to reapply. For the job market, at least so far I only know a few very exceptional cases in which chinese from mainland went to marketing or general management types of work in the states. plus, some multinational companies will hire some people and either train them for a while in the states and send back or simply send them back china directly.

Also,  I didn't mean second tier or third tier schools completely cannot help you to land a general management job in the states but you got to try very very hard.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-24 22:22
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部