ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
查看: 1696|回复: 2
打印 上一主题 下一主题

UNC admission informatoin--who can help?

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2003-12-29 11:18:00 | 只看该作者

UNC admission informatoin--who can help?

http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/content/dec2003/bs20031215_4705_bs037.htm

Cannot see this article, who can help paste here? Thanks!!!
沙发
发表于 2003-12-29 13:13:00 | 只看该作者
How UNC Picks "the Best"
Says Admissions Director Sherrylyn : "We want to enroll people who can handle a rigorous curriculum, and who are driven".

Sherrylyn is director of MBA admissions at the Kenan-Flagler Business School at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill -- No. 18 in BusinessWeek's Top 30 B-school rankings. started in the job in late 1998. She has also worked as an account executive for Kraft General Foods, a product manager for Bubble Yum, and a marketing director in Skybox International's basketball operations. Here's an edited transcript of her conversation with BusinessWeek Online reporter Mica Schneider:

Q: Sherry, Kenan-Flagler dipped to No. 18 in BusinessWeek's 2002 MBA rankings. Has that affected the school's ability to attract students?
A: Not in a negative way. We've gotten positive statements from the market -- from recruiters and alumni on return-on-investment, on specific programs, and on the school overall. Those statements have been a net positive. This year, we're benefiting from a lot of enthusiasm for our new dean.

Q: Word on the street is that application volume is lower in 2003 than it has been in years. What trends are you noticing at Kenan-Flagler?
A: Unfortunately it's hard to say, since I changed the admissions deadlines from last year. This year we have four deadlines, up from three in 2002. If the deadlines were exactly as they were in 2002, then applications are flat. My sense is that we're certainly down, vs. two or three years ago. But the first deadline is such a small percentage of what we'll get overall that it's not a big enough sample to forecast. I can't say we'll see applications down 20% or 30%. After the second deadline in early December, I'll have a much better idea. I'm optimistic that we'll enroll a strong class. I've been on the road with my staff since August, and we've done a lot of interviews, fairs, and forums to get in front of people early. The applicants I've interacted with have been very strong and knowledgeable about what it takes to be successful. The economic situation is not news to them, so they're coming to the table a lot more prepared and realistic.
板凳
发表于 2003-12-29 15:28:00 | 只看该作者
chipmunk once posted the full piece, you can find it in the forum.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-28 21:37
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部