该帖已经被删除。
请记住“柳暗花明又一村“。

[此贴子已经被作者于2008-3-15 8:41:27编辑过]
沙发
发表于 2008-3-14 04:52:00 | 只看该作者
touching,thank you so much
板凳
发表于 2008-3-14 04:58:00 | 只看该作者
thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts with us.
地板
发表于 2008-3-14 05:05:00 | 只看该作者
you show great passion and determination!

best luck to all of us!
5#
发表于 2008-3-14 05:50:00 | 只看该作者
楼主真的不容易。。
6#
发表于 2008-3-14 05:51:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用zzbestwish在2008-3-14 4:44:00的发言:

Sorry that I cannot write in Chinese for the moment. The computer I am working with does not allow me to write in Chinese. My writing may contain errors. If your pain can be relieved a little bit, then this writing has served its purpose.

I know many of you are suffering from either no news, rejection or unsatisfactory offer. I want to say, cheer up. What had happened to me in the past three years is as follows:

First application to PhD in acct:

Applied to 14 Phd programs in Acct, and one master program in economics; no Phd programs liked me and I ended up studing in the econ program in US. This application helped me to come to US. During the econ program study, my instructors were nice and I got good recommendation letters from US professors in the second application. GPA was also good (3.87) , though I did not get straight A's. I also strengthened my background in mathematics, economics and statistics. I majored in English in my undergraduate study and have no such courses on my transcripts from China

Second application to PhD in acct.

Applied to 12 PhD program in Acct, and one master program in acct in US ( Some professors prefer students knowing US GAAP)

With a master degree in acct (in China), a master degree in economics in expectation, and American professors' good recommendation letters  I got one  campus visit from u of pittsburgh and one telephone interview from Arizona state u. The result was to study my third master degree in my life. It is master of science in acct. (During this period,  I did a project with an acct professor on campus and he wrote me strong recommendation letters in the third application; I also read more papers in top journals and narrowed down my research interest)

Third application to Phd in acct.

Applied to 10 PhD in acct. Got one offer from UConn and one interview from OSU. I am waiting for the decision from OSU. No body can share my worry about the final result from OSU, but I know this is the way I choose and I have to face, either good or bad. What some of you are suffering was what I suffered. I may be suffering differently. I don't want you to suffer any more. We are on the same road and we should say "cheer up" and continue with the trip. Though it is hard, it leads us to our dream place.

If study for PhD is your dream, do not stop dreaming. Set up your life style for your PhD study and a researcher's life. There are many things you can do:

1. aim at a good program. One more year waiting and preparing may be hard, but your future salary may double because of this one year. You might also be happier in a good program, because good programs are educating researchers but bad( not that good) programs are hiring cheap instructors. The quality of the phd degree will shape the rest of your life.

2. start studying mathematics, statistics, and read paper. All these will be helpful for your interview or next application. In your future PhD study, you also need this if you are aiming at acct and finance. I do not know other majors.

3. learn to swallow your pain. Since you have chosen to study a PhD degree, you should be prepared for the coming hardship. I just talked with my boss. She said her paper took her 5 years to publish. It is possible for a researcher to focus on a project for 2 years and finally the paper was criticized as garbage.

You may become rich and famous or you may not, but one thing is certain, you should be happy everyday whatever you want to do or whatever you are doing. All your efforts are for a better life. It is easier to say, but anyway learn to be happy.

deeply touched,thank you!

PhD program is for people who have the capability to handle it, both emotionally and intellectually. The application process is a pre-PhD training process, as zzbestwish just said.

We may enjoy it as well.

Bless all!

7#
发表于 2008-3-14 06:20:00 | 只看该作者
8#
发表于 2008-3-14 06:50:00 | 只看该作者
Thank you so much for sharing your experience here. Wish you all the best!
9#
发表于 2008-3-14 06:52:00 | 只看该作者
Thank you!!Good luck.
10#
发表于 2008-3-14 07:37:00 | 只看该作者

Thanks so much for cheering me up.

And good luck.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-28 16:51
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部