返回列表 发新帖
查看: 36587|回复: 13
打印 上一主题 下一主题

香港城市大学&香港中文大学JD请进

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2007-3-31 20:51:00 | 只看该作者

香港城市大学&香港中文大学JD请进

相信这个时候很多人都已经收到这两个学校或是其中一个学校JD的AD了。大家以后可以互相交流一下,包括一起去香港,香港的生活,或是以后上PCLL的可能性。大家可以加入QQ群25139910,做进一步的讨论。

对某些人来说,究竟去CityU还是CUHK还是比较难以决定的啦。

CityU不用说,就是名气问题,和CUHK还是有很大的差距的。再说CUHK法学院刚建的时候,挖走了CityU很多的老师,好像连他们的Dean都挖过去了。不知道CityU的教育质量会不会有点下降。CityU好就好在其JD有50%的名额是留给外国人或是ABC的,又和LLB一起上课,课堂会活跃一点。

CUHK,的确是一个好学校,但是其法学院刚开。社会的认可度还是未知之数,不过学校有钱,对JD设定奖学金,虽然入学的时候好像没有。但是,学校不给提供宿舍,上课还要到市中心的法律中心,让人想了就觉得郁闷。虽然学校可以和外面商量,就去年的情况而言住在外面3000/month,而CityU两人的宿舍每人只要1750/month。这样读CUHK两年也多了很多的钱。况且家里也会担心住在外面的安全问题。

很多人知道了CUHK上课是如此的不方便,索性没有申请。我自己也比较偏向于CityU,毕竟生活上比较方便。法学院的日子不是闹着玩的,每天所剩的时间本来就不多,谁舍得浪费在路上呢?但是,学校的牌子也是很重要的啊,毕竟CUHK的全球排名是96,那个牌子可是跟着自己一辈子的啊!

迷惑中,大家讨论讨论!
沙发
发表于 2007-4-1 10:10:00 | 只看该作者

其实我个人也是比较倾向城大JD的。从师资力量,办学历史来说,确实与中大相距较远。

但是昨天请教过一个中大的师兄,他的意见是,如果想在香港找工作,香港本地的大学生已经压力很大,雇主很多时候会考虑综合名气,当然,倘若你想转行的话。如果不转行,考虑的就是中大法学院发展的前景。短短两年发展趋势已经非常不错,有望在我们毕业之后更进一步。清华大学的法学院建院也很短时间,可是不也办得很好吗?

板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2007-4-1 13:18:00 | 只看该作者

你问的师兄是法学院的吗?

地板
发表于 2007-4-1 13:20:00 | 只看该作者
弱问一个:香港JD PCLL成功率到底多少阿?
5#
发表于 2007-4-1 13:22:00 | 只看该作者
究竟哪个好啊,
6#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-4-1 15:21:00 | 只看该作者

很难说吧。我贴一些香港人讨论的咚咚吧。

=============================================================
Hi everyone,

I hope you guys wouldn't mind giving me some advices.....now that I have offers from both schools, I'm not sure which one I should pick.

I guess the things to be considered would be:

1) Time for travelling (coz I work in Kowloon and live in NT);
2) Cost (CU is way more expensive than CityU);
3) Programme reputation (if there's any difference between the 2 schools);
4) Reputation of the Law Schools;
5) Workload.

But I am not quite sure which aspect would be the most important factor to be considered.

If you were me, which schoool would you pick? and why?
Thanks!
==================================================
1) CU JD is studied with LLM
2) CityU JD is studied with LLB
cityU JD, for those core subjects tailored for PCLL, they have classes with LLB.
Whereas for some selectives, they can have classes with LLM/ JSD.
City U Law School has a longer history and more teaching staff.

Do you thing these are advantages ?

If I were you, I will choose City U.
if you have confidence that you can finish one whole subject in just one semester, then CU JD.

otherwise better choose City U JD
I c. If I were u, I would choose cityU JD. It is totally unfair to compete with LLM. (By the way, u can argue CU is a true post-grad school, but who cares.)

Hearsay 1...
LLM in CU got the highest marks in many subjects such as IP, etc.

Hearsay 2...
CU has a Baker Scholarship for JD, so how about CityU?
===================================================
I asked my friend, who was previously a law student, and she kind of commented that if I am to study PCLL afterwards, CityU would be a better choice coz its reputation is quite OK.

In terms of workload, I think both schools would be equally tough. So TIME is really an important factor to consider - I'd love to join CU's programme but the law centre's really too far away for someone working in Kln during day time, and have to travel all the way back home (NT) after class
Reputation? Hmm. I thought it is only related to the possibility to get into the city firms. (unless u want to be a bar).
Yea I guess the location would be kinda inconvenient for u. Central.. if u opt for CU then u gotta be in HK island, kowloon and NT in one day. But i heard that CU recruited many of the good professors from City's Law school. Not sure if it is true. R u sure u wanna go for City?? Though CU's program is relatively new, I'm still kinda confident in it. It even got the new JD/MBA joint program now. Seems not bad. Haha.. maybe coz i'm a CU grad :p
7#
发表于 2007-4-8 12:07:00 | 只看该作者
对阿,我也同时拿到了城大和中大的offer,现在也不知道到底要去哪个地方。如果哪位有什么消息的话,我们可以qq 联系。 17424250
8#
发表于 2007-5-8 13:59:00 | 只看该作者

大家好....我因為申請JD而偶爾到了這個論壇....最近拿到了中大FT JD的OFFER,打算9月入學了...

有同樣拿到中大OFFER的朋友嗎? 可以交個朋友互相照應哦

還有,有什麼香港生活上的問題也歡迎隨便問我......(P.S.我是香港人)

MSN : wlc228@hotmail.com

9#
发表于 2007-10-12 21:42:00 | 只看该作者

我都曾经考虑过这个问题,毕竟cu同cityu两者学费生活费会差很多的,这一点对我来说是个大问题,不过听你们一说,我又觉得cu的发展前景会更好一些,而且知名度综合实力会高点,所以呢,如果经济条件允许的话,我都是会选cu

10#
发表于 2007-12-27 00:59:00 | 只看该作者
我现在香港城市大学读会计和法律二年级,计划毕业后读JD以有机会从事律师职业。考虑到本校因素,城大的JD会容易申请些(因为现在GPA不高,而且可以有credit transfer),但又考虑到中大的声誉及发展,也想去中大以提升校友层次的。

Anyway,明年至少要成功申请到一所

那么现在应该如何准备啊,向各位师兄请教.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

所属分类: 法学院申请

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-5-19 18:40
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部