搜索
返回列表 发新帖
查看: 2669|回复: 4

school impressions

[精华] [复制链接]
发表于 2003-11-5 12:43:00 | 显示全部楼层

school impressions

上上个礼拜终于向老板请到一个星期的假,得以实现我的美东之旅。
First stop is at Boston, since my sister is there. I visited Mit and Harvard. Although I'm not applying to Harvard, i was curious how it looks like. Both schools have beautiful campus, but honestly Harvard business school has the best facility in all the schools I visited. Students at mit are more down to earth, very easy to talk to. The funny thing is, I saw some 'scientist' look like students who kept talking and smiling by themselves while walking in MIT campus.  From what I heard, the workload at Sloan is probably the heaviest among B-schools -- very quantitative and a lot of calculation. But the students are not nerd type at all. The  bad news about MIT is that 4 admitted Chinese students didn't get visa last year, so they deferred to attend this year and fills 4 seats already.

Second stop is New York. Columbia and New York is very different. Columbia is in uptown and had a more wide spread layout. NYU barely has a campus, probably because it's in downtown. I tried to talk to some students in Columbia, but somehow got the impression that they are not that friendly/warm-hearted. I guess it's just one or two students that I met, don't want to offend anybody here. I'm sure Columbia must has a great student body. The class I attended at NYU was more fun than the one I had in MIT. The class in MIT was more serious and traditional. However, chinese students experienced a hard time landing a job last year. From what I heard, 2 out of the 3 students who came directly from main land china are still job hunting.

Last stop is Pittsburgh. To my surprise, almost all shopping malls and big stores shut down on Sunday, which makes the city a little bit too quiet. At the time of my visit, GSIA is in final exam break and I only found a Korean student there. From the student activity events posted on the bullitin board, it looks like CMU has a pretty dynamic and active student body.

Just want to share my experience with CD folks here. Hope this helps.
发表于 2003-11-5 12:54:00 | 显示全部楼层
Thank you very much. I will write something after I come back from Duke next Tuesday.
发表于 2003-11-5 14:47:00 | 显示全部楼层
In my view, MIT, Harvard, Stanford, and Berkeley are four best schools in overall rounds. Overall impression, MIT is like an engineer, Harvard is like a king, Stanford is like a noble, and Berkeley is like a philosopher. Definitely, Stanford has the most beautiful campus, Harvard has the best architecture, Berkeley has the richest academic atmosphere, and MIT has the most concrete research foundation.
发表于 2003-11-5 22:40:00 | 显示全部楼层
thanks, diudiu.

You guys may find out more about school visit in the following link:
http://www.ashot-hayrapetyan.com/Bschools/Diary.htm

and you may also go to

http://s2s.wharton.upenn.edu/wh-wharton/messages

this is wharton's student forum.

Under "General", you can find a thread called "Traveler’s Notes - Reposted"  A lot of school visit information. Check it out!

[此贴子已经被作者于2003-11-5 22:40:56编辑过]
发表于 2003-11-8 07:41:00 | 显示全部楼层
Many thanks, diudiu! informative and helpful.

good luck!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-3-29 18:06
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部