楼主: bulletfei

[备考日记] bulletfei同学的KAPLAN听力题练习贴

[精华] [复制链接]
发表于 2007-12-25 18:55:00 | 显示全部楼层

我也不能下载…………

还是非常感谢LZ

发表于 2007-12-27 22:03:00 | 显示全部楼层

我也努力听ing......Kaplan模一第一段

S: Hello, professor Milla. Can I have a few minutes of your time?

P: Oh! Hello, Mike. Come on in. I’m all ears (to be very keen to hear what someone is going to tell you).

S: I need to talk to you. I’ve missed several classes and I have been late a lot recently, and I’d like to explain my situation and ask for your advice.

P: Good! I was actually hoping to run into you. You know, you’ve been doing well in class until quite recently. So, I’d really hate to see you put your grade at risk. Unnecessarily like that. You realize that any more absences will negatively impact your grade. So, what’s up?

S: Yeah, I know, well, it’s like this. About two weeks ago I took on another part time job. With the recent tuition increases, I’m on a real tight budget now. Uh…So I work late at night at bakery, and afternoons at environmental systems.

P: Oh, the prestigious environmental systems! That must be a nice place to work.

S: Yeah, they offer me a job—work on a project—so I jumped at the opportunity

(to eagerly accept the chance to do something) to earn some more money for college. So I’ve been working long hours. And on top of that

(if something bad happens to you on top of something else, it happens when you have other problems), I had to take the bus, and you know how the buses run in the morning.

P: Yeah, tell me about it(used to say that you already know how bad something is, especially because you have experienced it yourself). But the real problem is though, looks like you’ve a bit of more than you can tune, Mike. The way I see it (used before telling someone your opinion), you are over extending. Your jobs leave you exhausted, so you miss class or come late.

S: Exactly. I’m really tired in the morning. And it has been hard to make till your 8:00 AM class.

P: And my class is not exactly a breeze (not to be very easy) either, right? You’ve missed a lot of important material already. You realize the mid term is coming up in 3 weeks. I’d be concerned about your performance on the mid term.

S: I am worried about my grade. I’m between a rock and a hard place

(to have a choice between two things, both of which are unpleasant or dangerous). But the project at the environmental systems will last only another 4 weeks. I don’t know what to do. I need your class for graduation, so I can’t drop it.

P: Well, let me think. Uh…I had a student drop out from my 10:00 AM classes. Tell you what. Considering your great performance until recently, and the fact your work situation is only temporary, I’m willing to let you come to my 10 o’clock section instead. Is that gonna work for you?

S: Oh! Thank you. I really appreciate it.

P: Well. I’m glad we’ve been able to sought things out

(to try to find someone or something, especially when this is difficult), Mike. See you in class.

S: Thanks again professor Milla. Bye.

发表于 2007-12-27 22:05:00 | 显示全部楼层

Kaplan模一第二段
L: Um…Can I help you with something?
S: Yeah…yeah. Actually I’m…having a little trouble accessing the online database. I’ve supposed to go online and download an article, but it can’t quite seem to get it. I mean I don’t even know where to start really. And I have to have it read by 3:00 today for a class discussion or I’m sunk
                ( to be in a situation where you are certain to fail or have a lot of problems).
L: Well, OK. Hold up there. First you need to get out of the library catalog and left-click on the electronic media. That’s the icon down there on the left of the screen. It’s right under the branch library resources.
S: This one?
L: Yeah, double-click on that. There you go. Now which college are you in? Arts and Sciences or Engineering or Business or…?
S: Arts and Sciences.
L: So then click on that, and you’ll get a list of sub-topics. So again, just choose which one you want. You’ll left-scroll through the list. It’s in alphabetical
order. Do you know the name of the database?
S: It’s supposed to be a Bibliography (a list of books and articles that are all about a particular subject)for East-Asian Studies. I’m studying in Japanese literature. It’s called the BA…something…or maybe the BE.
L: The BEAS, the Bibliography of East-Asian Studies. Yes, it’s right there. Double-click on the title. Now do you know the name of the journal you are looking for?
S: Yes, it’s written down here on the syllabus. It says…hold on…let me see. It says “Inferring Gender Roles from Classical Japanese Poetry”.
L: OK, but what about the journal title?
S: Oh, right. OK, I think this is it, “the Review of Asian Literature”.
L: And the date?
S: December 1994.
L: OK, there it is. Now all you have to do is download it. Don’t save it to file, just open it. Do you know your student number?
S: Yes.
L: Good! You need to enter that to print the article. Click print and then enter your ID number at the prompt. The printer is over there in the corner. It’s a little slow. So you might have to wait a minute or two for the pages (to) start coming out.

发表于 2008-7-11 12:42:00 | 显示全部楼层

留名,谢谢~~

发表于 2010-10-23 02:21:34 | 显示全部楼层
顶一下
发表于 2012-5-31 17:35:56 | 显示全部楼层
支持支持。
发表于 2016-10-2 18:17:23 | 显示全部楼层
感谢分享!               
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

所属分类: TOEFL / IELTS

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-3-29 16:02
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部