搜索
返回列表 发新帖
楼主: gemj
打印 上一主题 下一主题

不定式to,OG-9和885 B-19

[复制链接]
41#
发表于 2005-10-3 16:26:00 | 只看该作者

did not 跟 have 重複? 怎麼說呢? 好像又有點說的通? 兩種表達方式也很有道理呢!

有沒有人認同或提出furthur explanation 呢?

42#
发表于 2005-10-7 11:40:00 | 只看该作者

did not seem to bother ---一個層次, 單純past tense

did not seem to have bothered---兩個層次, past tense 跟 present perfect, 句子複雜性增加, 邏輯上也比較繞! 還有seem 的關係, 先bother 了一陣子, 才去seem , 句意不對

不知大家意見如何?

43#
发表于 2005-10-12 17:15:00 | 只看该作者
up up~~~~
44#
发表于 2006-3-8 14:14:00 | 只看该作者
up~~~~~~~`
45#
发表于 2006-6-2 11:34:00 | 只看该作者

19.   Balzac drank more than fifty cups of coffee a day and died of caffeine poisoning; furthermore, caffeine did not seem to bother Samuel Johnson, the great writer and lexicographer, who was reported to have drunk twenty-five cups of tea at one sitting.

(A) furthermore, caffeine did not seem to bother

(B) however, caffeine did not seem to bother

(C) however, caffeine did not seem to have bothered

(D) furthermore, caffeine did not seem to have botheredB

(E) in addition, caffeine did not seem to bother

如果是把have bothered看成是一个延续性的意思哪,“caffeine看起来好像一直以来都没有困扰他”这样的解释是不是应该比b选项的 to bother 要好那?

46#
发表于 2006-7-22 12:14:00 | 只看该作者

I don't mean to challenge the authority, but I think choice C is better than choice B.

Here are some of my thoughts on Q.19.

1. "who was reported to have drunk twenty-five cups of tea at one sitting." modifies Samuel Johnson. To parallel with "was reported to have drunk", "did not seem to have bothered" seems better.

2. Samuel Johnson died even before Balzac was born. Thus "did not seem to have bothered" correctly stated that the action of bother happened before the action seem, which is in past tense as drank ... and died... in the first part of the sentence.

19.Balzac drank more than fifty cups of coffee a day and died of caffeine poisoning; furthermore, caffeine did not seem to bother Samuel Johnson, the great writer and lexicographer, who was reported to have drunk twenty-five cups of tea at one sitting.

(D) furthermore, caffeine did not seem to have bothered

47#
发表于 2006-8-7 16:40:00 | 只看该作者
同意oncross,答案错了么?
48#
发表于 2006-8-25 23:24:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用oncross在2006-7-22 12:14:00的发言:

I don't mean to challenge the authority, but I think choice C is better than choice B.

Here are some of my thoughts on Q.19.

1. "who was reported to have drunk twenty-five cups of tea at one sitting." modifies Samuel Johnson. To parallel with "was reported to have drunk", "did not seem to have bothered" seems better.

2. Samuel Johnson died even before Balzac was born. Thus "did not seem to have bothered" correctly stated that the action of bother happened before the action seem, which is in past tense as drank ... and died... in the first part of the sentence.

my 2 cents:

1.  "have drunk twenty-five cups of tea at one sitting" is a whole part.  what it emphasizes is Sam's this speical experience (drinking 25 cups of tea at one sitting, sth that is out of a normal person's range), not the time sequence (this action happened before some other actions).  just like in the saying "Been there, done that."

2. - "Samuel Johnson died even before Balzac was born." - this was not mentioned at all, thus it is nonrelevant.

- "seem" really doesnt mean anything, so it is not a comparative to other verbs. 

[此贴子已经被作者于2006-8-25 23:26:47编辑过]
49#
发表于 2006-9-3 12:18:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用ogram在2005-7-7 19:18:00的发言:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

19. Balzac drank more than fifty cups of coffee a day and died of caffeine poisoning; furthermore, caffeine did not seem to bother Samuel Johnson, the great writer and lexicographer, who was reported to have drunk twenty-five cups of tea at one sitting.
(D) furthermore, caffeine did not seem to have bothered
ANSWER: B
为什么C不对?从逻辑上理解to have bothered应该是发生在seem(ed)之前,用不定式的完成形式不是很好吗?
难道是因为bothered所表达的过去的含义已经被did (not) seem已经表达了?
请各路高手指教,不胜感谢!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

我觉得C选项中did not 和have 表达重复了

其实题干想表达的意思有两种表达方式,一种是B选项的表达方式,用did not seem to bother, 另一种表达方式是do not seem to have bothered, 具体用哪一种,还要根据上下文来确定。

yep, I agree with you
50#
发表于 2006-10-25 05:27:00 | 只看该作者
still confused with "885 B-19"
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

IESE MBA
近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-10-5 11:23
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部