搜索
返回列表 发新帖
楼主: albert
打印 上一主题 下一主题

未来职业描述问题请教

[复制链接]
11#
发表于 2003-9-19 13:51:00 | 只看该作者
Albert, we have the same technical background and working experience. I worked in Computer Dept. of a Bank for 3 years, and after 2 years' studying for Master, I began to work for my present company as a presales. Now I am being an apprentice consultant.

Our knowledge focus on both IT and Bank business, so on this basis, I have two points to share with you:

” IT和FINANCIAL SERVICE的结合方面的CONSULTANT工作(如 E-COMMERCE)“
I really dont think ECOMMERCE is a good choice to you, in this field, business experience ( such as btob, btoc ) are more important than financial service experience.

"我毕业后要做的工作,不知道有什么专业一点的名称吗?是financial consultant, strategist, 还是......"

This is really something confusing me.
Usually consultant can be divided into four
strategy, industry,technique, service(HR,Finance,CRM...)
which one do you prefer ? or will be more qualified?

12#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-9-19 21:23:00 | 只看该作者
Thank you for your information..joanjoan

Regarding to the for catalogs in consultant, I would like to know what industry mean.
Does it mean that working as consultant for a specfic industry, such as banking, which require specific knowledge and experience in such field?

thanks a lot..
13#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-9-19 22:41:00 | 只看该作者
I just read this article. It is abot Business Development. I think it suit my interest and long term goal well. I would like to share with anyone who interested in such specilization.

Business Development
Career Overview

Business development (also known as biz dev) is exactly what it sounds like: It involves figuring out how to build or develop a business. You can find business development jobs in all industries—at everything from tech start-ups to huge pharmaceuticals companies. What the work entails depends on how established a company is and what its business model is.

What You'll Do
Business development people constantly ask: "What ten things will have the biggest positive impact on my company's business, and how can we make them happen?" Their objective is to expand the market reach or revenue of their companies in ways that make the most of their companies' resources and capabilities.

Biz dev executes the company's strategy by "doing deals" with complementary businesses. Exactly what that means varies from company to company. A deal might be a co-branding initiative, a technology- or content-licensing arrangement, an e-commerce partnership, or some combination of the three.

Who Does Well
Business development involves varying degrees of sales and strategy. In some companies, biz dev people may focus on getting new corporate sales accounts, while in others they may lead new product development. At larger companies such as AOL Time Warner, Cisco, or Microsoft, one of biz dev's many responsibilities may be to decide which smaller companies the company should acquire next to ensure that it retains its market strength in the future.

Working in business development is an excellent way to become adept at business strategy while gaining hands-on experience in negotiating deals and managing partner relationships. Business development jobs are also highly cross-functional, requiring close collaboration with various internal and partner-company teams such as sales, engineering, and marketing to ensure that a deal is consummated. With its focus on strategy, biz dev steers the direction of a company—the deals forged today determine what the rest of the company will be working on tomorrow.
14#
发表于 2003-9-19 22:54:00 | 只看该作者
Albert, 这个businee Development应该属于哪个concentration?比如:strategic Management,或者entrepreneurship,还是别的什么?

谢谢!

以下是引用albert在2003-9-19 22:41:00的发言:
I just read this article. It is abot Business Development. I think it suit my interest and long term goal well. I would like to share with anyone who interested in such specilization.

Business Development
Career Overview

Business development (also known as biz dev) is exactly what it sounds like: It involves figuring out how to build or develop a business. You can find business development jobs in all industries—at everything from tech start-ups to huge pharmaceuticals companies. What the work entails depends on how established a company is and what its business model is.

What You'll Do
Business development people constantly ask: "What ten things will have the biggest positive impact on my company's business, and how can we make them happen?" Their objective is to expand the market reach or revenue of their companies in ways that make the most of their companies' resources and capabilities.

Biz dev executes the company's strategy by "doing deals" with complementary businesses. Exactly what that means varies from company to company. A deal might be a co-branding initiative, a technology- or content-licensing arrangement, an e-commerce partnership, or some combination of the three.

Who Does Well
Business development involves varying degrees of sales and strategy. In some companies, biz dev people may focus on getting new corporate sales accounts, while in others they may lead new product development. At larger companies such as AOL Time Warner, Cisco, or Microsoft, one of biz dev's many responsibilities may be to decide which smaller companies the company should acquire next to ensure that it retains its market strength in the future.

Working in business development is an excellent way to become adept at business strategy while gaining hands-on experience in negotiating deals and managing partner relationships. Business development jobs are also highly cross-functional, requiring close collaboration with various internal and partner-company teams such as sales, engineering, and marketing to ensure that a deal is consummated. With its focus on strategy, biz dev steers the direction of a company—the deals forged today determine what the rest of the company will be working on tomorrow.

15#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-9-20 05:49:00 | 只看该作者
siebel, 对于concentration我也不是特别清楚。。我觉得同样的concentration会有不同的叫法。
entrepreneurship应该不是。
stategic management是否可以理解为stategic planning? 如果是,business development 是它的近期目标(根据我贴的那篇文章)
16#
发表于 2003-9-23 10:25:00 | 只看该作者
Yes, Albert, your understanding to "industry" is quite right.
17#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-9-23 22:39:00 | 只看该作者
thank you, Joanjoan
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-24 22:27
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部