返回列表 发新帖
查看: 7312|回复: 20
打印 上一主题 下一主题

Sloan 2004 Applicants

[精华] [复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2003-9-6 03:34:00 | 只看该作者

Sloan 2004 Applicants

Working on my application for R1 now, anyone in the same boat?
I am a reapplicant from last year, applied in R2, dinged without an interview.
My impression is that Sloan strongly favors applicants with tech background,
which I confirmed during my school visit.
Any idea if sloan favors reapplicants? How many chinese students were admitted last year? What are their backgrounds?
沙发
发表于 2003-9-6 04:24:00 | 只看该作者
Yes, you're right. Sloan has almost 50% students from tech background. I don't think Sloan against reapplicants. However, on the other hand, if you don't show some new stuff to them, your chance won't get better.
板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2003-9-6 04:48:00 | 只看该作者
chipmunk bro,
thanks for the reply. then I guess my question is how to position myself as a reapplicant.
It is challenging for reapplicant, on the one hand, you want to show them how much you have "matured" from last year, on the other hand, you can't be way off from last year, ie, career goals etc. I wonder if the admission committee would go back to look at previous year's application. Maybe we could start some sort of discussion for reapplicant from last year?
地板
发表于 2003-9-6 05:00:00 | 只看该作者
However, sloan does not favor reapp as well.  I think the adcom will take a look at the notes for last year, but I don't think they will read all the essays through.
5#
发表于 2003-9-6 05:03:00 | 只看该作者
In fact, if you applied R2 last year, it is not easy to show how significant improvement you have made since then. Basically you have only a few months. So if you have a lot of new stuff, then great! But if not, maybe you can focus on how your view toward MBA and your career. I am not saying change your career goal, but you can show how you understand your goal and your life better. Plus you can show how you understand Sloan better. A friend of mine reapplied to Wharton last year. He used the same approach, and succeeded. (Wharton is reapp friendly though)
6#
发表于 2003-9-6 05:16:00 | 只看该作者
Although you can't change your career goal, there is always some room you  could dig deeper.
7#
发表于 2003-9-6 05:29:00 | 只看该作者
Sorry for my stupid question. Not for this specific case. Just general question.

I'm just wondering why people like to reapp? Does that mean they already applied all the good schools in that field last year? Take this case as an example, MIT maybe attractive in the field of Quantative Analysis, but Wharton, Chicago, Stanford, or CM are not bad either. Why just move to apply other schools? Does this mean all of these schools have been applied before? This is really a hard work...

Thanks!
8#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-9-6 05:30:00 | 只看该作者
tsljz, thanks for the wonderful advice. You know what bothers me is that Sloan asks reapplicant to submit a new set of applicantion. Should I made some minor changes based
on last year's app, or simply come up with something complete new?
9#
发表于 2003-9-6 05:58:00 | 只看该作者
First of all, sloan changes some essay questions, so you may re-package yourself. And for the questions that are identical to those from last year, I would still suggest you to make some changes, at least from different perspective.
10#
发表于 2003-9-6 06:01:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用siebel在2003-9-6 5:29:00的发言:
Sorry for my stupid question. Not for this specific case. Just general question.

I'm just wondering why people like to reapp? Does that mean they already applied all the good schools in that field last year? Take this case as an example, MIT maybe attractive in the field of Quantative Analysis, but Wharton, Chicago, Stanford, or CM are not bad either. Why just move to apply other schools? Does this mean all of these schools have been applied before? This is really a hard work...

Thanks!

:-) sieble brother, there are difinetely a lot of good schools out there. The reasons why people want to reapply is that:
1)some schools are reapp friendly, like wharton. (others not though, like harvard and stanford)
2)reapplication shows your dedication to the specific school and schools like that. So if you get improvement since last year, you may get better chance to be admitted. Again, this applies to the reapp friendly or at least not reapp-against schools.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-27 12:51
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部