ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
查看: 22404|回复: 0

迈阿密大学法律硕士LLM

[复制链接]
发表于 2019-5-14 22:21:40 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
[size=1.5em]U.S. and Transnational Law for Foreign-Trained Lawyers

Upcoming Specialized Program: Global Summer Academy: Legal English + Lawyering Skills July 15-26
LLM - Request Information

Specifically designed for the foreign law graduate, the LL.M. in U.S. & Transnational Law for Foreign-Trained Lawyers is Miami Law’s general LL.M. The program welcomes attorneys from all over the world to continue the study of law in a context that emphasizes American common law and its impact in the global economy. While technically a specialization in the International Law LL.M., the program permits unusual flexibility and allows students to choose courses in their area of interest from the general law school curriculum and structure their studies according to their professional goals.
Who Should Consider this Program?
  • Foreign-trained attorneys who want to learn about the U.S. legal system
  • Those looking for the possibility of remaining in the U.S. to practice law with the opportunity to earn a J.D. and/or qualify to take a U.S. Bar Exam, including New York
  • Individuals wanting to explore the field of international law outside of his or her own country
  • Foreign-trained attorneys who want to do an LL.M. and first need to improve English skills
Maximum Flexibility - Select Your Courses, Meet Your Goals
The program provides maximum flexibility and allows students to take courses from Miami Law’s extensive course catalog alongside American J.D. students.  Each student’s course of study is tailor-made on an individual basis depending on interests and career goals. See Courses & Requirements
The LL.M. was one of the most fulfilling experiences I have ever had. The opportunity to interact with a diverse student body, as well as an experienced and accessible faculty, broadened my perspective on quite a few subjects.”
Augusto Aragone, LL.M. ’06
Uruguay State University, Uruguay
Vice President and Associate General Counsel for Corporate and Mergers and Acquisitions at Ingram Micro
Personalized Attention
Students work with the Program Director who serves as a personal Academic Advisor to arrive at the best possible individualized program for each student. As a foreign-trained attorney, one’s background as well as future goals are considered. There is also an orientation for International Students designed to assist with the transition to living in the U.S. and most specifically, Miami. There is also career Advising from a career services advisor who has special training in assisting international LL.M. students.​
My studies at UM’s Law School helped my career tremendously because I had the opportunity to take classes in my area of expertise. Upon returning to Germany, I applied the knowledge I obtained in Miami to write my doctoral thesis in this field.”
Doris König, LL.M. ’82
Christian Albrecht University, Germany
Judge, Federal Constitutional Court of Germany, Former President of Bucerius Law School

Earn a J.D. Degree - Joint J.D./LL.M. Degree Program
University of Miami School of Law gives students the option to earn a joint J.D./LL.M. Students that are interested in applying to the joint J.D./LL.M. degree should consider taking one basic U.S. Law course in the fall semester that demonstrates his or her ability to handle J.D.-level work. It is also advantageous to study with at least one member of the tenure track faculty. By the spring semester students can discuss with an advisor other academic requirements that will need to be satisfied.
Program Leadership
Director of the U.S. and Transnational Law for Foreign Lawyers LL.M.: Carmen Perez-Llorca, Esq.
Associate Director of the U.S. and Transnational Law for Foreign Lawyers LL.M.: Yasmina Assis

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

所属分类: 法学院申请

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-3-29 12:36
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部