返回列表 发新帖
查看: 3312|回复: 18
打印 上一主题 下一主题

Need advice for MBA application--aiming for m7 31 years old

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2017-11-26 22:37:31 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
大家好!求各位大神帮忙定位下学校,目前目标是s16,希望可以运气好点进m7,要赶2018 fall round 2, 时间紧迫。Thanks in advance!

Background as follow:
31 years old, male

GMAT: 730 TOEFL: 107

University: a normal foreign language university, majored in English and Japanese

Working experience:
1. Infosys  Industry: outsourcing 3.5 years
Team lead of order management project: use ERP system to manage order to cash process
team size: 30 FTE
led project transition (went to Singapore for project transition), automation project(saved 4 FTE), team restructure project(saved 5 FTE)

2. Citibank  Industry: bank  4 years
Associate manager of Account service Unit: provide account service for corporate customers, make sure all requests are in compliance with laws and regulations.
team size: 8 FTE

Both working experiences are related with operations. I was incharge of Japan market for both companies.
I guess my advantages are:
Diversity: fluent in both Japanese and English, understand different cultures, worked with colleagues from various countries.
Project experiences

disadvantage:
1 year gap: resigned last year to take care of my mom--she fractured her leg. Prepared GMAT and TOEFL at the same time.

Thanks again.
Alex
Wechat:alex86422

收藏收藏 收藏收藏
沙发
发表于 2017-11-27 12:47:17 | 只看该作者
背景综合看来还okay~ 你的问题是啥?
GMAT 730 对于 M7来说稍显低了一些,如果经历中还有其它特殊亮点个别M7 maybe可以尝试。
一年Gap不是很理想,且工作时间较久,S16-Top20可能更保险一些。
板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2017-11-27 15:45:34 | 只看该作者
ChaseDreamMBA 发表于 2017-11-27 12:47
背景综合看来还okay~ 你的问题是啥?
GMAT 730 对于 M7来说稍显低了一些,如果经历中还有其它特殊亮点个别M ...

谢谢建议。
暂时想不出有其他特殊亮点。
可能因为每个人都有一个名校梦想的原因,还是想试一下M7。斯坦福和哈佛应该希望渺茫,其他的m7可以试哪些呢?
地板
 楼主| 发表于 2017-11-27 15:48:46 | 只看该作者
ChaseDreamMBA 发表于 2017-11-27 12:47
背景综合看来还okay~ 你的问题是啥?
GMAT 730 对于 M7来说稍显低了一些,如果经历中还有其它特殊亮点个别M ...

推荐信可以找到之前职位很高的director 帮忙写,不知有没有加分
5#
发表于 2017-11-27 15:59:10 | 只看该作者
挺好的
6#
发表于 2017-11-28 10:38:24 | 只看该作者
Hey there,
Overall I think you have a very good profile You have solid work experience, with serious leadership in both roles, which I think is your biggest strength.

Your second best strength is your internationalism, and your Japanese fluency and experience which should make you stand out.

I am lacking a bit of information about your school, your volunteer work and your Extra curricular activities, which will all influence your profile.

Overall, I’d say S16 should be good for you with an outside shot at M7. (Depending a bit on the above info)

Feel free to write me again with more detail or to send me more updates,

Best,
Jon Frank
7#
发表于 2017-11-28 11:18:45 | 只看该作者
S16拿面试差不多吧,M7有点悬,特别是第二轮竞争更激烈一些。
毕业之后想干啥?
8#
 楼主| 发表于 2017-11-28 19:17:09 | 只看该作者
JonFrank 发表于 2017-11-28 10:38
Hey there,
Overall I think you have a very good profile You have solid work experience, with serious ...

Hey Jon,
Thank you for your reply.
Here are some more information about myself:
School
My university is Dalian university of foreign languages, not a famous school. I was interested in foreign cultures and languages since I was young. I did have options to choose other better schools, but I chose this school because this school is good at teaching foreign languages and cultures. And I chose a very challenging major--English and Japanese, the cultures and grammas are very different. I was one of the 4 students (out of more than 100 students in this major) who got both English and Japanese language certificates. This language ability helped me a lot in my later career.

Volunteer work:  no big highlights
High school: Community clean up

University: Tutoring high school students English.

After work: Teaching neighbor kids English (4 to 5 kids) on weekends at my home. I learned that the best time for a person to learn a second language is before 6 years old, so I started this small English club for kids.

Started a small LEGO club for neighbor kids (6 members now). I am a LEGO fan, my son also love it. So I started this club to help kids to develop their imagination and practical ability. We gather and play with a theme every week.

Cleaning rubbish in coastal park every month.

Extra curricular activities

Hobbies
Painting: I started to learn Chinese traditional painting since I was very young, and won a national reward in elementary school.
Basketball: I started to play basketball since high school, and joined basketball club in my company. We often play with other companies.
Traveling and cooking: I love cooking and I traveled many places in China and some other countries to learn how to cook local food from local people.

I have a feeling that I don't have shining points for above parts.
Could you share your thoughts on this?
Thank you.
9#
 楼主| 发表于 2017-11-28 19:31:10 | 只看该作者
TianNao 发表于 2017-11-28 11:18
S16拿面试差不多吧,M7有点悬,特别是第二轮竞争更激烈一些。
毕业之后想干啥?

operation 相关的consulting, 或者corporate 的operation manager
10#
发表于 2017-11-30 11:02:13 | 只看该作者
Darkalex86 发表于 2017-11-28 19:17
Hey Jon,
Thank you for your reply.
Here are some more information about myself:

Hey there!
I think overall you have a great story! There are a few minor weaknesses, such as lack of strong volunteer work, and your school isn’t famous. But still, you have an interesting story to tell, and have a profile that will stand out.

I think that with the right story and crystal clear goals, that you can make S16 programs. M7 is a bit harder. But I still think you should choose your favorites and apply also.

Just make the best application you can!

Best,
Jon Frank
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-9-25 23:25
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部