打印 上一主题 下一主题

请各位帮忙评估一下我的情况,多谢多谢啦

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2003-8-28 11:12:00 | 只看该作者

请各位帮忙评估一下我的情况,多谢多谢啦

GMAT: 730
TOEFL: 633
Graduated from a good university in SH, but major is rather disadvantageous. (wu ~~~~~   )

Already 3 years of working experience in Top Advisory firm, however as a HR super.

I am not at all interested in finance or marketing, however, would like very much to persue career path to HR management (does MBA has any speciality for this field?).

In my case, am i fit for the MBA programme? In which aspect? and where should i be positioned, top 10 or 20 or ... ?

Please help!!! Thanks soooooooooo much!
沙发
发表于 2003-8-28 11:33:00 | 只看该作者
When you said 'Advisory' firm, did you actually mean 'Consulting' firm?

You G/T score is pretty good, but with HR in non-Fortune-500 background, you have less chance than those top players for top-7 schools. On the other hand, who knows what's gonna happen? One thing for sure, if you don't apply, you have Zero possibility.

As of MBA concentrate in HR field, I know only few school provide that track. Wharton must be the best one, the other I can think of is Purdue, maybe Cornell.
板凳
发表于 2003-8-28 11:40:00 | 只看该作者
Your status you have mentioned is pretty good. Frankly, it is the same as the mainstream in the pool of MBA application. To stand out of the crowd in the way to Top 10 or 20, you need to cook your essays as perfect as possible and to conduct impressive interviews. IMHO, a top MBA is fit to your career goal. Of course, some of gratuates from business schools choose HR as career path. And it will be very wise for you to choose one or two safty schools, if you really want to make it this year. Good luck.

以下是引用zuwul在2003-8-28 11:12:00的发言:
GMAT: 730
TOEFL: 633
Graduated from a good university in SH, but major is rather disadvantageous. (wu ~~~~~   )

Already 3 years of working experience in Top Advisory firm, however as a HR super.

I am not at all interested in finance or marketing, however, would like very much to persue career path to HR management (does MBA has any speciality for this field?).

In my case, am i fit for the MBA programme? In which aspect? and where should i be positioned, top 10 or 20 or ... ?

Please help!!! Thanks soooooooooo much!
地板
 楼主| 发表于 2003-8-28 12:16:00 | 只看该作者
Thanks a lot for the valuable tips!!!

i have a further question, for HR, among all the track in MBA, i should apply for General Management, is that right?
5#
发表于 2003-8-28 12:27:00 | 只看该作者
You don't have to claim your concentration when apply to b-school. Just out of curiousity, why you want to pursue an MBA degree? Is it possible your could just further your career in HR without an MBA in hand?
6#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-8-28 14:15:00 | 只看该作者
yes,you are right, normally i can further HR without an MBA degree, just like most HR people.  but it requires much more time to get to the high level of management. what's more, even top firm like my company doesn't provde very systematic training in management for HR people, and my senior is somewhat limited to the most update style in this field. therefore, i think it may be of much help if i could be enrolled in an MBA programme. what do you think?
7#
发表于 2003-8-29 01:11:00 | 只看该作者
Yeah, since I'm not in HR field, I can't comment on the career path. Assuming you need an MBA, the next question is: what level of MBA is enough for your career, i.e. top-20 or top-50? If >30 program is enough, then your cost will be much lower than top-10.
8#
发表于 2003-8-30 14:08:00 | 只看该作者
Our HR manager uses thousands of methods to gauge everyone's performance, decide which training s/he needs, etc.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-20 02:37
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部