返回列表 发新帖
查看: 2200|回复: 4
打印 上一主题 下一主题

TWE060 Games are as important for children as they are for adulds

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2005-5-18 23:46:00 | 只看该作者

TWE060 Games are as important for children as they are for adulds

What does the "games" mean, only indicate computer games or all the games, such sports games, card games and computer games?

沙发
发表于 2005-5-19 16:33:00 | 只看该作者

找到一些例子,供你参考,仅仅是做参考。

example 1:

I agree with the statement "Playing games is important for adults". In this challenging

world, adults work very hard to earn a better living and thus don't get time to keep their

body and mind fit. By playing games, adults can not only remain fit but can enjoy life too.
Games can be of two types: physical and mental. The former keeps the body fit whereas, the

latter keeps the mind fit. The following are the reasons to support my answer.

Physical games include indoor games like table tennis and outdoor games like football and

basketball. These games not only increases blood circulation but also burns the excess fat

present in our body that keeps us fresh and thus improves our working habits. These games

also teaches discipline, co-operation, respect for others, builds self-confidence and

teaches us to face defeat bravely, which in turn helps us face failures in life too.

Mental games include chess, puzzle, quiz and IQ. These games increases our mental ability

and thinking power. These games teaches to make decisions, increases our knowledge, improves

our way of thinking and the ability to remember things, and thus keeps us mentally alert and

allows to take the right decision in life.

By looking at the above reasons, I conclude that games whether they are physical or mental,

indoor or outdoor not only improves our lifestyle but also helps us achieve our goals in

life.

Therefore, playing games is important for adults.

EXAMPLE 2:

Playing games has always been thought to be important to the development of well-balanced

and creative children; however, what part, if any, they should play in the lives of adults

has never been researched that deeply. I believe that playing games is every bit as

important for adults as for children. Not only is taking time out to play games with our

children and other adults valuable to building interpersonal relationships but is also a

wonderful way to release built up tension.

There's nothing my husband enjoys more after a hard day of work than to come home and play a

game of Chess with someone. This enables him to unwind from the day's activities and to

discuss the highs and lows of the day in a non-threatening, kick back environment. One of my

most memorable wedding gifts, a Backgammon set, was received by a close friend. I asked him

why in the world he had given us such a gift. He replied that he felt that an important

aspect of marriage was for a couple to never quit playing games together. Over the years, as

I have come to purchase and play, with other couples & coworkers, many games like: Monopoly,

Chutes & Ladders, Mastermind, Dweebs, Geeks, & Weirdos, etc. I can reflect on the integral

part they have played in our weekends and our "shut-off the T.V. and do something more

stimulating" weeks. They have enriched my life and made it more interesting. Sadly, many

adults forget that games even exist and have put them away in the cupboards, forgotten until

the grandchildren come over.

All too often, adults get so caught up in working to pay the bills and keeping up with the

"Joneses'" that they neglect to harness the fun in life; the fun that can be the reward of

enjoying a relaxing game with another person. It has been said that "man is that he might

have joy" but all too often we skate through life without much of it. Playing games allows

us t relax, learn something new and stimulating, interact with people on a different more

comfortable level, and to enjoy non-threatening competition. For these reasons, adults

should place a higher priority on playing games in their lives.

EXAMPLE 3:

Some people assert that playing games is important for adults. In my opinion the importance

of playing games depends on the types of games considered. While some games may benefit to

health, mental abilities, working capacity, or help to relax, others may harm the person

playing in different ways.
I think the games that are important for adults to play include those requiring action,

intensive thinking and team work. It has been medically proven that physical training is

extremely important for adults. It helps not only to maintain fitness, but also enhances the

capacity of thinking and working. Therefore participating in sports games, such as

basketball, football, tennis and other action games is essential. Games that require

intensive thinking develop logic, attention and unconventional approach.. Among this type of

games are puzzles, crosswords, and strategy games. And last, but not least, games that

involve team work are important to develop further communicability, ability to make correct

decisions with consideration of opinions of different people and other skills, because these

skills are often used in everyday situations.

Still there are other types of games that may be harmful. These are majorly computer games,

which cause severe eye-strain and exposure to radiation. Moreover, computer games not only

harm health, but also have a negative impact on the working capacity. Many companies have

stringent rules against their employees playing games during work-hours.

There is also one category of games which I believe can be both harmful and beneficial.

These are games played for money. On one hand, winning such a game the player feels positive

emotions, which have an overall positive influence on the players health and financial

situation. On the other hand, loosing the game can drive the person playing into

disappointment and even into depression, thus harming his health, not to mention the loss of

money.

Thus, in my opinion, the importance of adults playing games can be evaluated depending on

the level of positive or negative influences that those game may have on the person

involved.

Example 4:

I do strongly support the idea that playing games is important for adults.It is useful and

fun,too.It is one of the most important ways to cope with the problems of business and daily

life.There are several benefits of playing games for adults.First,playing games creates

leisure time that every adult must have to lessen the stress of business life.Its another

benefit is that It can improve reflex,intelligence or health depending on the kind of the

game ,and it also gives pleasure to the adults as well as children.

As we know today business life is a place full of stress.People generally come to their

homes being tired and irritated.Therefore,every individual adult must create leisure times

to forget the daily life's problems and to feel relieved.So,playing some kinds of games can

help them to have free,without stress,times and to relax.Parents also,by this way,can make a

better communication with their children by playing some games such as backgammon,chess,

puzzles or computer games.Children gain self confidence due to this relationship with their

parents,too.It certainly is a notable point of playing games referring to a family

life.Consequently,playing games alone or with their families gives support adults to

preserve their healths,to lessen their stresses and to deal with business problems.

With the development of technology,people,both adults and children,began to give more and

more importance to computer based games.The computer based technology actually made games

more interesting and more complicated than were they before.Because of their visual and

sophisticated subjects,the computer based games can easily contribute to maintain an adult's

reflex and intelligence thanks to their interactive skills.Moreover,brain gymnastics with

these games are beneficial for adults to solve their personal problems.For example,some

business men or consultants achieve much success or make better decisions after playing some

computer games when tried of working.This means that computers seem to remove the idea that

games are merely for kids.
Enjoyment is another factor that should be considerated while thinking of the relation

between adults and games.It is certain to believe that many adults get very much pleasure

from games.They gain the amusement of their previous childhood again and again while playing

games with the child living in their spirits.So,if a director of a company or a president of

a country is seen while he or she is playing a computer game or playing football with some

kids,it should not be peculiar. Obviously,they will spend more happier time than any child

will and forget every types of problems that they have during the game.

Last but not least i wish to say that playing games is important for adults as well as all

human beings.It is useful,necesary,enjoyable and educational.Since life,itself,is a game in

which the players are we,it is unavoidable to spend time without playing games at any age.

板凳
发表于 2005-5-19 20:50:00 | 只看该作者
connee MM好样的!顺便问下,你找的例文来自何处?
地板
发表于 2005-5-20 00:55:00 | 只看该作者

谢谢狗GG的夸奖, 我在网上找的,

地址是www.testmagic.com,上面有很多TOEFL  的ESSAY范文

5#
发表于 2005-5-20 22:57:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用connee在2005-5-20 0:55:00的发言:

谢谢狗GG的夸奖, 我在网上找的,

地址是www.testmagic.com,上面有很多TOEFL  的ESSAY范文

这个网站不错,最关键的是知道什么样的作文会得到5分以上。

还是,“狗GG”这个称呼挺好玩的,喜欢!

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

所属分类: TOEFL / IELTS

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-25 14:02
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部