查看: 11593|回复: 9
打印 上一主题 下一主题

狂牛的TUCK商学院,精英毕集。

[精华] [复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2003-8-13 09:59:00 | 只看该作者

狂牛的TUCK商学院,精英毕集。

狂牛的TUCK商学院,精英毕集。其筛选标准之高,非常人可以企及。君若有意,不妨先摩拳擦掌,再来看题。2004年Essay题目如下:

1. For the past 10 years, you have worked for the primary employer in an economically depressed city. Eighty percent of the company’s revenue comes from one flagship product, but revenue has declined steadily for the past five years as new competitors entered the market. Last year, company revenue fell 15% to $20 million, while operating costs continued to escalate. An aggressive new competitor is expected to launch a lower cost, more advanced version of your company’s flagship product. If true, this could severely erode your company’s market share and push the company into bankruptcy.

Senior management assigned you to lead a team to investigate this new competitor and analyze the threat it poses. You stressed the vital importance of this project to your team, explaining that it could make the difference between the company’s success and failure. As a result, your team worked tirelessly in pursuit of the information. Throughout the process, you were very impressed with the level of detail one of your top analysts was able to obtain on the competitor’s product. With this in-depth information, you were able to develop a strategic recommendation that will have a good chance of successfully fending off the competitor’s launch plan. The CEO is thrilled with the work and immediately offers both you and the analyst a promotion. Walking back to your office the analyst comments, “It sure is lucky that my cousin works for the competition!”

Keeping in mind that the future of your company is potentially in peril, what would you do? What professional or personal experiences would you draw upon to guide your actions?

Please respond fully and concisely to each question. Responses should be 500-750 words or fewer for each essay. Please compose your explanation off-line and upload here.
沙发
 楼主| 发表于 2003-8-13 10:00:00 | 只看该作者
2. Why is an MBA a critical next step towards your short and long-term career goals? Why is Tuck the best MBA program for you?

3. What is the most significant non-academic disappointment you have experienced? How did you handle the situation, and what have you learned from it?

4. Tuck looks for students who will have a positive, measurable impact on the communities and businesses with which they are involved. Describe a time when you saw an opportunity and took the initiative to improve or change a situation. Discuss the challenges you faced and the results you achieved.
板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2003-8-13 10:03:00 | 只看该作者
以前曾经申请国TUCK但是没有成功的战友们,虽败犹荣,今日卷土重来,且看:

Candidates who applied to Tuck between October 2002 and April 2003 are required to complete the reapplicant essay in addition to this year’s four essay questions. If you applied prior to October 2002, you may complete the reapplicant essay but it is not required. Although there is no restriction on the length of this essay, please be concise.

How have you strengthened your candidacy since you last applied? Please reflect on how you've grown personally and professionally.

(Optional) Please provide any additional insight or information that may be helpful in reviewing your application. Complete this section only if you feel your candidacy is not fully represented by this application.
地板
发表于 2003-8-13 11:48:00 | 只看该作者
Hey, buddy: where did you get the essays for 2004? When I looked at its website, I just found "The Application for 2004 will be available in late August". This is really annoying. Could you pls verify the source and confirm the info? Thanks

5#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-8-13 11:58:00 | 只看该作者
dear nothingtolose, if u want to apply to tuck, register at their website, and u will get the essay topics.  if u don't register yourself at the website, u have nothing to lose, but u will also have nothing to get.

6#
发表于 2003-8-13 12:09:00 | 只看该作者
thanks buddy, but how can I register at the website? Can you lead me through or just provide the URL for me? I got lost and certainly got nothing to get. Thanks anyway.
7#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-8-13 14:10:00 | 只看该作者
“没丢东西”大哥,偶真是服了你了。
说你对Tuck不感兴趣吧你是如此执着地问问题;
说你感兴趣吧你居然不去点击"apply"这个button。
拜托用鼠标对着"apply"字样的东西按一下左键(如果你是左撇子就按一下右键)。
点击了不就什么都出来了吗?
8#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-8-13 14:12:00 | 只看该作者
哪位版主没声没响地给偶投了一张“精华”票,偶在此谢谢了。

[此贴子已经被作者于2003-8-13 14:13:13编辑过]
9#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-8-14 17:19:00 | 只看该作者
“没丢东西”大哥给偶写了一个message,偶觉得有必要在这里向有同样问题的人一起解答,以便更多的人得益:

nothingtolose原信:“sorry to bother you. Could you provide me the link to Tuck Essays for 2004. Thanks”

偶的回答:
(1)偶给了你 link 你也不可能看到的,因为你没有偶的登记密码(而偶是不可能把偶自己的密码给你的,因为偶的信用卡号码会被你看到)。
(2)你只有自己登记注册才能有自己的密码,有了密码自然就可以进去看题目了。
(3)找到Tuck的网址(这个你肯定已经尼姑有了吧),找到“apply on line”这几个字,用鼠标对着这几个字按一下左键(如果你的鼠标是设置成左撇子的话就按一下右键)。点击了之后一地填个人信息,填完了就可以看到了。
(4)如果你仅仅是想看essay题目,偶已经贴出来了,一个字都没有删减改动;这里有很多明眼人,偶是版主,不会出假题目逗你玩的,偶要注意个人信誉的,再说偶也很忙,哪里有时间玩。
[此贴子已经被作者于2003-8-16 12:03:54编辑过]
10#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-8-16 18:56:00 | 只看该作者
哈佛其实与Tuck的录取标准差别不是很大,只是录取时的着重点有所不同,借鉴一下吧:

http://www.hbs.edu/mba/sitewide/faq/

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Please find below answers to additional questions that you might have about Harvard Business School. We hope that this list, along with the information we have provided in other areas of this web site, effectively addresses most of your questions. If you do not find an answer to your question, please contact us at mba_questions@hbs.edu, and you will receive a reply as soon as possible.

PROGRAM AND PROCEDURES

Do you have any executive MBA or part-time programs?

The HBS MBA program is a two-year, full time program that starts in the fall with the summer off between the first and second year. Although we do not offer executive or part-time MBA degree programs, HBS does offer an extensive portfolio of Executive Education programs. For more information, we encourage you to contact Executive Education (www.exed.hbs.edu, 617-495-6555, or executive_education@hbs.edu).

Can I take courses at HBS without being an admitted student?

Students at the other graduate schools of Harvard, M.I.T.'s Sloan School and the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University may cross-register into Elective Curriculum (second year) courses at HBS. For information on cross-registration, please consult with your school's registrar.

Other than approved cross-registrants, only admitted full-time HBS MBA students are allowed to enroll in HBS MBA courses.

Can I waive a course in the first year of the program? Are transfer credits accepted?

Because our aim is broad, foundational, interactive learning, all MBA students undertake the same course of study during the first year of the program. Individual courses in the first year cannot be waived. HBS does not accept transfer credits.

What is your deferral policy?

Candidates should submit applications only for the year they plan to enter the MBA program. Postponements and deferrals are rarely granted and are considered on a case-by-case basis.

I recently heard about a week-long summer program for African American, Hispanic American, and Native American students at Harvard Business School. What exactly is this program and how can I be considered for it?

The Summer Venture in Management Program (SVMP) is designed to help high-potential African American, Hispanic American, and Native American college students (students who have completed their junior year) learn about general management and careers in business. More information about the SVMP Program can be found at the following link to the HBS website: http://www.hbs.edu/mba/experience/meet/diversity/svmp.html.

EXPERIENCE

I am still an undergraduate student. How long do I need to work before applying?

Traditionally, we have admitted a small number of applicants directly from university each year. We strive to find outstanding leaders at different points in their professional lives. Some applicants may meet this criteria while still in or immediately following undergraduate school, while others may need several years of full time work experience before they apply. We want outstanding applicants to consider Harvard Business School as an option when they feel that the time is right for them and they can demonstrate the criteria we are looking for.

What is the average length of work experience?

The average number of years of full-time work experience for the class entering in fall 2002 was approximately 4 years. Please bear in mind that HBS does NOT require a minimum number of years' work experience prior to entering the MBA program.

What is the average age of the MBA class?

At the time of enrollment for the class entering in fall 2002, the median age was approximately 27 years.

APPLICATION

Which GMAT scores must I report on my application? Can my official GMAT scores arrive after the deadline for which I applied? Which GMAT score should I report if I took the test more than once?

You may report the scores generated by the computer at the end of the test session, but you must follow up with an official report via ETS. If you have not received a score report yet, you should report the total, quantitative, and verbal scores from the computerized test. The Admissions Board will receive the AWA score with your official score report from ETS. The Admissions Board only considers the GMAT score that you report on your application (i.e., we do not average your scores). All scores and approximate percentiles must come from that one test date only. Once an application has been submitted, applicants may not change the GMAT score that will be considered. Bear in mind that all of your scores will be reported on the score report sent to us by ETS, but that the Board will focus on the score you indicate on the application.

If I took the GMAT/TOEFL/TWE in the past, how long will those scores be considered valid?

GMAT scores are valid for five years. TOEFL/TWE scores are valid for two years. If you have applied to HBS in the past and decide to reapply, report your scores on your application but you will NOT need to have the testing services resend your official scores to us if the ones we have are still valid.

What is the average GMAT score?

The average GMAT score for the class entering in fall 2003 was 708. However, the Admissions Board hopes that all applicants will recognize the following: that the range of GMAT scores is very broad, that there is no "minimum" score requirement, and that the GMAT is just one piece of data among the many used to evaluate an application.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-20 08:48
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部