返回列表 发新帖
楼主: exan
打印 上一主题 下一主题

gwd-8-4

[复制链接]
61#
发表于 2008-5-27 00:23:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用wuwu717在2006-10-11 0:54:00的发言:

I chose C when I was doing GWD. But when I compared the passage with the choices again, I preferred E.

"Only in research on entirely new treatments are new and unexpected variables likely to arise. " - C. It routinely reveals new variables in research on entirely new treatments.

C changes something likely happen to routinely happen, an unacceptable change.

"Although limiting information collection could increase the risk that researchers will overlook facts relevant to a study, Frazier and Mosteller contend that such risk, never entirely eliminable from research, would still be small in most studies. " - E. It cannot be freed of the risk that significant variables may be overlooked.

E adds "significant" to the "facts relevant to a study", then plays a trick by saying "may" to make this choice consistent with the sentence in the passage. Risk of overlooking "facts relevant to a study" cannot be eliminated from research and the "facts" "may" include the "significant variables".  How tricky the ETS is! LET'S BEAT IT DOWN!!!

Support!
62#
发表于 2008-6-15 10:37:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用wuwu717在2006-10-11 0:54:00的发言:

I chose C when I was doing GWD. But when I compared the passage with the choices again, I preferred E.

"Only in research on entirely new treatments are new and unexpected variables likely to arise. " - C. It routinely reveals new variables in research on entirely new treatments.

C changes something likely happen to routinely happen, an unacceptable change.

"Although limiting information collection could increase the risk that researchers will overlook facts relevant to a study, Frazier and Mosteller contend that such risk, never entirely eliminable from research, would still be small in most studies. " - E. It cannot be freed of the risk that significant variables may be overlooked.

E adds "significant" to the "facts relevant to a study", then plays a trick by saying "may" to make this choice consistent with the sentence in the passage. Risk of overlooking "facts relevant to a study" cannot be eliminated from research and the "facts" "may" include the "significant variables".  How tricky the ETS is! LET'S BEAT IT DOWN!!!

support!!

In addition, D is definitely wrong. "researchers collect far more background information on patients than is strictly required for their trials—substantially more than hospitals collect—thereby escalating costs of data collection, storage, and analysis".it indirectly tell us which aspect is be improved. Because current way is escalating costs, "larger and impler clinical trials of medical treatments" can improve medical research. Therefore, the "more accurate" in D is wrong.

[此贴子已经被作者于2008-6-15 10:42:06编辑过]
63#
发表于 2008-6-19 21:41:00 | 只看该作者

我认为E中的signaficant应该解释为“有意义;有作用的”

64#
发表于 2008-8-12 13:07:00 | 只看该作者
fre
65#
发表于 2008-8-31 12:05:00 | 只看该作者
我也选C.
E 和 D 都有一些常在OG里出现的错误。

66#
发表于 2008-11-13 12:37:00 | 只看该作者

也选的D

67#
发表于 2008-11-23 17:43:00 | 只看该作者

一开始选择B,不选E也是因为看到significant这个单词,觉得不妥。后来突然想到significant一词在统计上可以解释为“显著”,如果变量不显著,可以直接排除,只有显著的变量才对research结果产生影响。

68#
发表于 2008-11-29 12:14:00 | 只看该作者

我也选的D,而且现在看还是觉得D对,因为原文应该在第一段讲的是:提高医学研究靠多一些的临床。然后讲了现在的状况是用了太多从病人处得到的统计数据(而不是通过临床得到的),这个不好费钱,后面有个让步的从句,讲的还是要limit这个的重要性。第二段是F & M的观点的升华部分:扩大临床的医学研究。我认为总的来说:就那么多精力那么多钱,如果想要做到扩大临床,首先能做的就是减少数据统计这部分工作,这是一个步骤性的,至少是必须要做的。不记得哪层说了,although那句话,方向是对的,表明了F & M的观点,而且正面突出应该减少纯数据统计。

而且我也同意,significant太强了,考试就那么一分多钟时间,还要琢磨这个词对应的是不是fact那句话,把它合理化,那真的要折掉一堆人了,这样确实有点infer的意思。

个人的一些观点

69#
发表于 2009-1-10 07:02:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用kathy8446在2006-8-31 14:57:00的发言:

同意!small risk 是指忽略significant variables的风险小

顶这个,是说overlook variables的风险小,至于这个variables是怎么样的,都有可能,大的小的,都不可避免的会overlook。

70#
发表于 2009-5-15 16:07:00 | 只看该作者

第一次选了E, review 时选了D, 仔细看了看, 还是认为D是对的. 原因如下:

1)从一段首"Frazier and Mosteller assert that medical research could be improved by a move toward larger, simpler clinical trials of medical treatments."    

二段首"Frazier and Mosteller propose not only that researchers limit data collection on individual patients but also" 可得知Frazier and Mosteller 的观点与D选项更贴切.

2)E选项是迷惑选项, 给出了significant提醒我们该项是错误的, 因为significant 与一段末的only 所表达的意思南辕北辄.

请NN 指导

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-5-18 07:28
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部