[校友答疑] WE ARE HBS CLASS OF 2010 CDERS!

[精华] [复制链接]
31#
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-9 17:35:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用driftysnail在2008-7-4 17:21:00的发言:

请问今年中国大陆被录取的同志们平均GMAT多少分?TOEFL呢?

这个没有统计过哦。老实说G/T只要过了一定的bar,就不怎么重要了,关键还是要看整个package强不强,其中比较关键的是工作经验和essay。

HBS对T的最低要求是109,对G没有最低要求。

“The MBA Admissions Board discourages any candidate with a TOEFL score lower than 267 on the CBT or 109 on the IBT from applying. ” ---- from HBS webiste     http://www.hbs.edu/mba/admissions/internationalapplicants.html

32#
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-9 17:41:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用ishousi在2008-7-5 11:10:00的发言:

能否介绍一下被录取者的特殊经历,给大家开阔一下思路。我的意思是大家除了咨询,金融背景以外的经验,比如参加过什么community活动啦,国际组织的活动啦,自己创业的经历啦。。。我想这些在各位申请的package里也是想当重要的部分吧^ 多谢多谢!

It is true that extra-curricular activities, community serivce, etc. are truly important coz only through these can you differentiate yourselves from those who have similar work background. For example, it might be difficult to find a consultant, but truely difficult to find a consultant who at the same time is a novelist. Well, this is only a simple example. Everyone has different stories. What you need to do is to be yourself and tell your stories to your adudience.

33#
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-9 17:44:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用blueT在2008-7-5 23:17:00的发言:

请问各位为什么在今年的申请网站上找不到China, PR China, Mainland (as of 1 week ago)?

xie xie

的确有这个技术问题,已经向那边的IT反应过了,应该已经解决了,你再看一下

34#
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-9 17:52:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用never3738在2008-7-6 0:11:00的发言:

诸位前辈好 。

如下几个问题:

(1)推荐信每个问题是250字的LIMIT,但HBS又说超过ONE PAGE DISCOURAGED。推荐信写1.5 页,但每个小问题均控制在250字以

内,问题大吗?

(2)推荐信是推荐人让自己写的,写出来的时候手笔和风格很相似,问题大吗?

(3)GPA在整个申请HBS过程中,重要性是否特别大?

谢谢。

(1)你能不能把原文发给我看看。我特地去HBS网站上看了一下,没找到哪里写one pae discouraged啊,我那时申请的时候没有碰到这个要求

(2)最好不要同一个风格的,   admission officer一看就看出来的,非要你自己起草的话,可以再让你的recommender用他习惯的语言修改一下

(3)相对来说,GPA不那么重要,只要不要太差就可以了。学校通过GPA, G,T看你的学习能力,GPA万一低一点的话,就靠G/T来补一下吧

35#
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-9 18:58:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用caohe544在2008-7-7 21:19:00的发言:

To HBS_2010,

Some questions to ask and appreciate your help before hand.

- Characters in the application package

Admittedly, almost every section of package plays an important role in application, however, during your application to HBS, what characters do you think contribute the most? Uniqueness, leadership potential or others? I heard that some top schools such as HBS etc will consider the diversity of student background. So they would rather give an opportunity to a person with African experience than those who have some years of finance experience? What are the biggest advantages of Chinese candidates?

- Essay

In your essays, what do you think makes them touch the HBS admin? What should Chinese applicants do and NOT do in essays?

- Recommendation

If I have people other than my current supervisor to write recommendation for me simply because I do not want to jeopardize my current job, will this become an disadvantage for me?

- Candidate pool

As far as you know, do we, Chinese compete in the same scope of candidate pool or with other students including US citizens?

Thanks for your time before hand and wish you good luck in HBS.

1) Generally speaking, top biz schools look for leadership potential and intellectual capacity. However, you also need to display your uniqueness in order to differentiate from your peer. Here the peer I refer to is mostly people from your country and people with similar work background as you do, not US citizens, or else(this lends answer to your last question).

With regard to your questions related to African experience vs. finance experience,  I would say biz schools are not looking for people in a particular industry, but looking for people with leadership potential. I guess those people with African experience would stand out mostly because they show the diversity of themselves and excellent leadership qualities through the experience. It is definitely more than the experience itself.

There is no simple explanation to  "what are he biggest advantages of Chinese candidates" , but you are the best position to answer "what are the biggest advanatages or selling points of youself"

2) show those admission officers about your leadership and uniqueness through your own stories that truely reflect who you are

3)

Quote from FAQ from HBS webiste

"The Admissions Board requests that of the three recommendations, two come from professional references.  Of these two, one recommendation should come from a current or recent supervisor.  "

If you cannot have your current superviser be your recommendor, you should provide very sound reason, eg. you have just been in your job for 1 months and your previous supervisor knows better about you. sth like that.

36#
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-9 19:03:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用jnjduanlian在2008-7-8 15:09:00的发言:
请教关于HBS healthcare的资讯

http://www.hbs.edu/mba/academics/healthcare.html

There is very comprehensive info about healthcare in the above link. Go check it.

37#
发表于 2008-7-15 10:35:00 | 只看该作者

请教前辈:

据前面您所讲,去年中国大陆成功申请者主要是来自咨询和金融行业。但据商学院主页上介绍的成功申请者背景资料来看,有相当一部分成功者来自于非政府组织或者其他服务行业。您有了解的此类申请人的背景介绍吗?其他国家的也行。

多谢!

[此贴子已经被作者于2008-7-15 10:38:37编辑过]
38#
发表于 2008-7-15 11:02:00 | 只看该作者
hbs好是好,就是时间长了点,2年有点浪费时间,有1年的program就好了
39#
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-15 21:41:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用tangminshi在2008-7-15 10:35:00的发言:

请教前辈:

据前面您所讲,去年中国大陆成功申请者主要是来自咨询和金融行业。但据商学院主页上介绍的成功申请者背景资料来看,有相当一部分成功者来自于非政府组织或者其他服务行业。您有了解的此类申请人的背景介绍吗?其他国家的也行。

多谢!

There are students who worked for Gates Foundation, Clinton Foundation, or Ford Foundation in Africa or Asia for several years before they came to HBS.

40#
发表于 2008-7-18 22:39:00 | 只看该作者
内容已删除
[此贴子已经被作者于2008-7-18 22:39:38编辑过]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-28 01:00
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部