ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
本题详情

本贴相关题目 OG (HUNA)

00:00:00

The current administration, being worried over some foreign trade barriers being removed and our exports failing to increase as a result of deep cuts in the value of the dollar, has formed a group to study ways to sharpen our competitiveness.

正确答案: C

更多相关帖子

帖子

好友

积分

ChaseDream

注册时间
2003-03-17
精华
解析
查看: 5371|回复: 6
打印 上一主题 下一主题

og42

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2005-3-19 11:51:00 | 只看该作者

og42

The current administration, being worried over some foreign trade barriers being removed and our exports failing to increase as a result of deep cuts in the value of the dollar, has formed a group to study ways to sharpen our competitiveness.

(A) being worried over some foreign trade barriers being removed and our exports failing

(B) worrying over some foreign trade barriers being removed, also over the failure of our exports

(C) worried about the removal of some foreign trade barriers and the failure of our exports

(D) in that they were worried about the removal of some foreign trade barriers and also about the failure of our exports

(E) because of its worry concerning the removal of some foreign trade barriers, also concerning the failure of our exports

答案是C,关于worried与worring的问题。这个问题并不新,以前的帖子也有,但我还想问一下:如果把(C)改为

worring about the removal of some foreign trade barriers and the failure of our exports

还对吗?因为根据托福语法的解释,同位语是因为省略which(who)be产生的,比如这里的C:(who is) worried about the removal of some foreign trade barriers and the failure of our exports。 我看了牛津字典,里面有两个例句:1.your parents are worring ablut you! 2. be worried about one's weight。当然,第一句里worry是动词,但是这样说来(Who is) worring about the removal of some foreign trade barriers and the failure of our exports也对了!

沙发
发表于 2005-3-19 22:20:00 | 只看该作者

worried about is preferable when describing a condition [状态] rather than an action [动作].

欧认为改为 worrying about...也对。

板凳
发表于 2006-1-7 23:13:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用joe11在2005-3-19 22:20:00的发言:

worried about is preferable when describing a condition [状态] rather than an action [动作].

欧认为改为 worrying about...也对。

不同意

以下是longmanworry的注解

worried

S2, W3

adjective

1 unhappy because you keep thinking about a problem, or are anxious about something: Don't look so worried - we'll find him.

[+ about]: She's so worried about her exams. | worried that: I was worried that we wouldn't have enough money. | get worried: I got really worried when I saw a police car outside our house. | worried expression/look/frown etc: Jim looked up with a slightly worried expression. | worried sick spoken (=extremely worried): Where on earth have you been? I was worried sick!

see nervous

worry1

S1, W2

verb

1 BE ANXIOUS [intransitive] to be anxious or unhappy about something so that you think about it a lot

[+ about]: You've really got no need to worry about your weight. | worry that: He's worried that he might lose his job.

[+ over]: Dad worries over the slightest thing.

从上面解释可以看出worried作为形容词可以表达担心a problem 或sth而worry作动词只能指担心sth

为了解决这个问题,张道真的“现代英语用法词典”,现在把里面的例句全部抄录如下worry about
They didn't have to worry about money.
What we are worrying about is just her innocence.
She worries far too much about her health.
Why worry about the future?
There's no sense in worrying about the boy, he'll be all right.
He worries about the slightest thing.
worry over
Don't worry over me, Lester. I'm all right; I'll get along.
Oh, how like a woman to worry over a side-issue!
She's always worrying over little things that don't really matter.
He worries over the least thing that goes wrong.

可看出worry的都是事情;而worried的是没钱的状态/问题;健康状况等比较抽象的.

本题中担心的是经济问题,所以不能用worrying about

地板
发表于 2006-10-3 19:44:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用yukon在2005-3-19 11:51:00的发言:

(A) being worried over some foreign trade barriers being removed and our exports failing

(B) worrying over some foreign trade barriers being removed, also over the failure of our exports

(C) worried about the removal of some foreign trade barriers and the failure of our exports

(D) in that they were worried about the removal of some foreign trade barriers and also about the failure of our exports

(E) because of its worry concerning the removal of some foreign trade barriers, also concerning the failure of our exports

答案是C,

看过了所有的贴子也没有搞清楚这个increase的逻辑主语究竟是the failure 还是our exports???

the failure of our exports to increase

是我们出口增加的失败还是我们出口失败的增加呢,越想越糊涂,向大家请教??

谢谢。

5#
发表于 2007-8-20 15:18:00 | 只看该作者

出口增加的失败 我想

6#
发表于 2012-12-10 15:57:00 | 只看该作者
白勇里面也对这题有注解,他是说
worrying 现在分词表示动作,强调正在进行,
而has formed a group to study ways to sharpen our competitiveness.
表示没有正在担心的意思,

所以选worried about

毕竟是选最准确的选项吧,我觉得有道理
7#
发表于 2012-12-11 10:16:06 | 只看该作者
本来想回贴的,一看贴子的日期。。。。。这坟挖的!!!!!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

IESE MBA
近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-9-18 03:40
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部