ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
查看: 2124|回复: 2
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[申请总结] MY DREAM SCHOOLS WAITLISTED ME, BUT…

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2015-4-21 11:49:03 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Hey Guys,  if you got waitlisted at your dream schools, but, got the offers of safety schools! Do you know how to choose? I believe that some of you have the question about school selection, so today I would like to share the answer with you. Hope it will be helpful!

Question:

Well, I’ve heard back from most of my R1 apps, and I got waitlisted at my dream schools. But, I also got accepted into my safety schools. So, what do I do?

Answer:

Oooo, I LOVE this question.

What  should you do? Well, if you ask me (and you are), you go to the best school you can get into! You’ve got some (presumably) good schools that want you to attend right now, so put down your deposit at the best safety school you got into. CONGRATS!  YOU’RE DONE!

Now, you can try to do better.  Send a note to your dream school and tell them the whoooole story.  “Gosh, I got into all these great programs, like A, B, and C.  But I gotta tell ya, I’d rather go to YOUR school.”

Now, tell ‘em all the COOL stuff that you’ve done since you applied the first time. “This isn’t just me again, this is the ‘NEW AND IMPROVED’ me. And this is why you should take me off the waitlist and offer me a spot…”

Now, keep in touch with them, until the bitter end… that’s right, peeps, all the way to September 1.   “Yep, you remember me!  I’m enrolled now at School C becauseit’s a great school, but say the word and I can STILL come to your school.  Just say the word, and I guarantee I will go.  Not too late for me, no sir.”

What’s the key here? Use your offer as leverage. “See?  I am good enough for ALL these other great schools.  All I need now is YOU to let me in, you can COUNT on me! Put me in, Coach!” Believe it or not, those acceptances to your safety schools are part of your appeal. It’s just like the market: demand increases desirability. Demand for you is going up, so maybe your dream schools will take a second look at you and say, “Hey, this dude’s more badass than we originally thought!”

And,worse comes to worst, you’re STILL in one of your safety schools, so you’re not standing out in the cold with no place to go in the fall.

If you have a question about your applications, feel free to leave a comment here or send me a Private Message. I'm happy to help!

收藏收藏3 收藏收藏3
沙发
发表于 2015-4-21 21:23:49 | 只看该作者
Deleted Deleted Deleted
板凳
发表于 2016-3-10 16:44:36 | 只看该作者
Great article. Thanks for sharing!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-19 14:30
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部