查看: 4865|回复: 8
打印 上一主题 下一主题

分享一个学姐的个人陈述(市场营销)

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2014-1-1 22:16:33 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
好心的学姐(现在老罗读市场),把去年她自己申请时的PS发给我了,现在我也做完申请了,分享给大家吧。
Haagen-Dazs, one of the ice-cream top brands in Chinese eyes, is not daily consumption to most people. However, it stirs the purchase desire of young consumers with its slogan, “if you love her, take her to Haagen-Dazs.” I was also deeply attracted, until I finally stepped in its shop pervaded by a red sensation of love. Its ice-cream was just a standardized commodity better than ordinary one, but not of best quality. It had nothing superior to that of a time-honored brand in Guangzhou. However, I wondered why Haagen-Dazs is an international brand, while the time-honored brand just runs its land-office business without any branch.

This was my initial thinking about marketing and brand. After taking some marketing courses in my undergraduate study, I knew more about their definitions. Thereby I further pondered about my previous observations and from a subtle point of view, I figured out why Haagen-Dazs is more famous than a time-honored brand in Guangzhou: unique brand slogan, unified decorations and symbolic brand connotation, which gained its strong consumer recognition and enhanced its consumer brand loyalty. Apparently, Consumer Behavior and Advertising are also two very important contents in marketing: on the basis of thoroughly understanding consumers’ psychology and their actual demand as well as predicting purchase desire, study how to create products to meet the demand, how to fully demonstrate the product difference by dint of unique publicity, and how to deliver brand image and corporate culture. Therefore, when I tried to establish my business for the first time, I utilized knowledge learned in marketing courses as much as possible in afterward marketing strategy-making.

During my business attempt of Sunday Leisure Bar, I mainly took charge of the design and promotion of the products. The most rewarding work was the blending and promotion of the HK-style milk tea and Taiwan-style milk tea. Considering the HK-style milk tea, in contrast to Taiwan-style one, is truly blended with whole milk and black tea, more in line with the healthy leisure concept, plus that there was only one high-class restaurant serving HK-style milk tea in the Higher Education Mage Center, therefore, we seized this excellent business opportunity. In the first phase of our business, many college students came to buy our HK-style milk tea with curious minds for novelty. Thus we had nice sales achievements in this phase. But gradually it turned to decrease. To further learn about the reasons, we talked to some frequent visitors of our bar. We found out that as to milk tea, those college students only had a simple impression of Taiwan-style one and could not differentiate it from the HK-style one. Besides, the rather high price of HK-style milk tea was also a main reason why they gave up. After we adjusted our policies, I decided to simultaneously promote two kinds of milk tea and try some promotion activities. In this way, we greatly increased our sales, and extended two branch stores with stable increasing turnover.

That successful business attempt deepened my cognition of Marketing. I learned that in the promotion phase, we should clearly settle down product positioning and targetconsumers and keep a tight rein on too much pursuit for perfection. Through observing the consumers’ purchase behaviors, we can investigate their recognition level of the brand and satisfaction of the products. Also, we can develop our market share by special attention to rewarding our frequent customers and thus increase sales profits. However, it is not macroscopic and objective enough to judge from the consumers’ behaviors from the feeling of front-line sales. All judgments of subjective assumptions or speculation, lack of sufficient marker research and market analysis of abundant data, are very likely to bring great risks to marketing strategies. In my future career, I hope to better master the methods of market research and analysis for pre-phase analysis preparation of market promotion. Thus, I want to pursue a further study on market research and analysis.

In my undergraduate study, except the theoretical study of marketing and the business experience I have accumulated, I also conducted several research projects based on the data analysis, such as Service Satisfaction Assessment of Government-dominated Exhibition Site—Canton Fair, The Empirical Analysis of the Citizens’ Perceptions of the Free-charging Park Policy—Guangzhou City, etc. thus I have developed good statistics and analysis abilities. Various work relative to marketing, like my services in PR Department of my University, also deepened my understanding of marketing. These all helped fully pave my way for further development. I believe that the Marketing Major of XX University is just what I am craving for, helping me compiling my previous accumulation, better comprehending this commercial function—marketing, and better developing in the marketing field. After finished my postgraduate study, I would love to serve in consulting companies like Nelson who focuses on market research and analysis providing customers objective and sufficient information for their development needs.
另外,学姐还推荐了一个不错的文书老师给我,大家可以去了解一下,我自己感觉挺不错的,这是她的博客:http://blog.sina.com.cn/hillarybetteredu

收藏收藏17 收藏收藏17
沙发
发表于 2019-2-1 12:14:14 | 只看该作者
感谢分享!               
板凳
发表于 2019-4-10 16:04:14 | 只看该作者
感谢分享!               
地板
发表于 2019-7-20 19:01:09 | 只看该作者
感谢分享!               
5#
发表于 2019-7-26 10:33:03 | 只看该作者
Mark一下!               
6#
发表于 2019-8-28 09:47:34 | 只看该作者
感谢分享!               
7#
发表于 2019-9-4 20:14:54 | 只看该作者
mark
8#
发表于 2020-8-4 23:36:19 | 只看该作者
mark一下
9#
发表于 2020-11-27 05:57:09 | 只看该作者
感谢分享!!!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

所属分类: 商学院Master申请区

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-20 13:07
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部