[SC悬赏令] prep08 第一部分187题(Ron的解答XD)

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2013-12-9 20:43:57 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
【话说我的帖子编辑器怎么没有了。。。有没有技术大师给解析一下= =】
刚才上manhattan找了一道题,被Ron逗乐了,本来今天心情炒鸡不好的现下好欢乐啊哈哈。
贴上来给大家共赏。【话说我帖子编辑器为什么没有了!╭(╯^╰)╮】
United States Senator Daniel Inouye was appointed to several posts within the Democratic party during his first term, 【that included】 assistant majority whip and vice-chair of the Democratic Senatorial Committee.

A. that included

B. which includes

C. including

D. some of which were

E. among them being

*【Ron】
this is sloppy writing.【→ _→】
are you sure this is an OFFICIAL problem?

* first of all, "during his first term" should be placed in front of the sentence (with a comma afterward) for the sake of clarity.
placed where it is, it destroys the clarity of any modifier, even the ostensibly correct answer.

* second, the posts mentioned aren't "posts within the Democratic party"; they're posts in the Senate itself.
this is a BIG mistake, and is not the sort of mistake that would be committed by the official problem writers. no way.

--

(a), (b), and (e) are clearly wrong.
i will withhold judgment on (c) and (d) until you tell me where you got the problem.【噗嗤……】

i will also provide EXTREMELY terse explanations of those three wrong answers. if you want more details, tell me where you got this problem, because i sincerely doubt that it's official.

(a)
can't have "that" after comma

(b)
"which" incorrectly applies to "first term"

(e)
ridiculous
horrible
awful

【Student】This is a GPREP problem, Ron. You can trust me.
(I 've re-run the CD,so I can't produce the proof).

*【Ron】
(d) is incorrect because it misuses a "which" construction.

all constructions built on preposition + "which" - such as of which, from which, some of which, with which, etc. - must be used in the same way as "which" itself.

in this case, the "which" is trying to refer to "several posts", which is way too far away from the comma to be acceptable.

if this is really a gmat problem, then the quality of those problems is declining at an alarming rate (or the problem writers were asleep, drunk, etc. when they wrote this problem ... ugh)【噗嗤again……】

总结:出这题的人估计喝醉了,别纠结了。【我的帖子编辑器怎么没有了啊喂!有没有人给解决一下= =!!!】
【Ron叔叔好可爱】
收藏收藏 收藏收藏
沙发
发表于 2013-12-9 22:28:32 | 只看该作者
"second, the posts mentioned aren't "posts within the Democratic party"; they're posts in the Senate itself.
this is a BIG mistake, and is not the sort of mistake that would be committed by the official problem writers. no way."
其实,出题者也没有什么错误,这两个职位也可以称为党内职务,第一个职位assistant majority whip虽然是在参议院,但也只是代表当时的多数党(民主党)的职位,并不能管辖共和党,第二个Democratic Senatorial Committee就根本和参议院没有任何关系,只是民主党内部选举参议员的委员会。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

IESE MBA
近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-9-22 23:32
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部