ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
00:00:00

Combining enormous physical strength with higher intelligence, the Neanderthals appear as equipped for facing any obstacle the environment could put in their path, but their relatively sudden disappearance during the Paleolithic era indicates that an inability to adapt to some environmental change led to their extinction.

正确答案: B

更多相关帖子

帖子

好友

积分

ChaseDream

注册时间
2003-03-17
精华
解析
查看: 3470|回复: 4
打印 上一主题 下一主题

关于OG 13,SC, 76题,我不理解这个现在完成时态。

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2012-11-7 21:21:24 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Combining enormous physical strength with higher intelligence, the Neanderthals appear as equipped for facing any obstacle the environment could put in their path, but their relatively sudden disappearance during the Paleolithic era indicates that an inability to adapt to some environmental change led to their extinction.

(A) appear as equipped for facing any obstacle the environment could put in their path,
(B) appear to have been equipped to face any obstacle the environment could put in their path,
(C) appear as equipped to face any obstacle the environment could put in their paths,
(D) appeared as equipped to face any obstacle the environment could put in their paths,
(E) appeared to have been equipped for facing any obstacle the environment could put in their path,

这道题有好几种方法都可以选到正确答案,比如as...as,paths,equip to,或者appear的时态。但是,这些跟OG最主要的解释都不一样,而且OG的解释我很不理解。
OG:Because Neanderthals "disappeared," the verb describing their apparent abilities cannot be present tense, so  as equipped must be changed to have been equipped.我的疑惑是:为什么要用“have been equipped"?
收藏收藏 收藏收藏
沙发
发表于 2012-11-7 22:18:09 | 只看该作者
这里不是现在完成时,给你来个native的解答:
this isn't a present perfect construction, because it's actually an infinitive.
i.e., it's not "they have been equipped"; it's "they appear TO HAVE been equipped".

in any case, you should probably just memorize this construction as a one-off idiomatic structure. if you say "they seemed/appeared to...", then, no matter how remote the event is (in time), you use this construction.

for instance:
it seems that the students cheated on the exam
(normal past tense in this construction)
but...
the students seem to have cheated on the exam
(not here)

i don't really have a good explanation for this, other than "i'm a writer with a firm command of formal english, and i know that it is so" and "you should just think of it as an idiom". sorry i can't do better than that.

in any case, though, you DO have to use an infinitive after "appear" or "seem" in this sort of construction. and if you think about it, this is as past-tense as an infinitive can get. so that's why you have to use it.
板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2012-11-7 22:27:54 | 只看该作者
非常感谢,sisichen666.
地板
发表于 2013-3-5 16:49:01 | 只看该作者
醍醐灌顶!谢谢!
5#
发表于 2019-10-20 18:28:36 | 只看该作者
sisichen666 发表于 2012-11-7 22:18
这里不是现在完成时,给你来个native的解答:this isn't a present perfect construction, because it's ac ...

Mark一下!               
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

IESE MBA
近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-9-20 07:24
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部