[复制链接]
发表于 2012-7-25 11:34:56 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

分享

原文地址:Revised GRE三空题目汇总18道题作者:杨子江

Revised GRE 三空题汇总18道题
OG 三空题目
GRE Verbal Reasoning Practice Questions
SET 3 Discrete Question: Medium  
【1】4 Richard M. Russell said 52 percent of the nation’s growth since the Second World War had
(i)        invention. He said, (ii)      research, the government’s greatest role in assuring continuing innovation is promoting a strong, modern patent office. “Unless we can
(iii)      original ideas, we will not have invention.” Mr. Russell said. Speculating on the state of innovation over the next century, several inventors agreed that the future lay in giving children the tools to think creatively and the motivation to invent.

BLANK1

BLANK2

BLANK3
A been at the expense of

D in addition to restricting

G evaluate
B no bearing on

E aside from supporting

H protect
C come through

F far from exaggerating

I disseminate

【2】5 Statements presented as fact in a patent application are (i)      unless a good reason for doubt is found. The invention has only to be deemed “more likely than not” to work in order to receive initial approval. And, although thousands of patents are challenged in court for other reasons, no incentive exists for anyone to expend effort (ii)     the science of an erroneous patent. For this reason the endless stream of (iii)    devices will continue to yield occasional patent.

BLANK1

BLANK2

BLANK3
A presumed verifiable

D corroborating

G novel
B carefully scrutinized

E advancing

H bogus
C considered capricious

F debunking

I obsolete

SET 5 Discrete Question: Hard

【3】4 No other contemporary poet’s work has such a well-earned reputation for (i)   , and there are few whose moral vision is so imperiously unsparing. Of late, however, the almost belligerent demands of his severe and densely forbidding poetry have taken an improbable turn. This new collection is the poet’s fourth book in six years—an ample output even for poets of sunny disposition, let alone for one of such (ii)    over the previous 50 years. Yet for all his newfound (iii)    , his poetry is as thorny as ever.

BLANK1

BLANK2

BLANK3
A patent accessibility  

D penitential austerity

G taciturnity
B intrinsic frivolity

E intractable prolixity

H volubility
C near impenetrability

F impetuous prodigality

I pellucidity

【4】5 Managers who think that strong environmental performance will (i)    their company’s financial performance often (ii)    claims that systems designed to help them manage environmental concerns are valuable tools. By contrast, managers who perceive environmental performance to be (iii)    to financial success may view an environmental management system as extraneous. In either situation, and whatever their perceptions, it is a manager’s commitment to achieving environmental improvement rather than the mere presence of a system that determines environmental performance.

BLANK1

BLANK2

BLANK3
A eclipse  

D uncritically accept

G complementary
B bolster

E appropriately acknowledge

H intrinsic
C degrade

F hotly dispute

I peripheral

【5】6 Philosophy, unlike most other subjects, dose not try to extend our knowledge by discovering new information about the world. Instead it tries to deepen our understanding through                                     (i)    what is already closest to us—the experiences, thoughts, concepts, and activities that make up our lives but that ordinarily escape our notice precisely because they are so familiar. Philosophy begins by finding(ii)    the things that are (iii)    .

BLANK1

BLANK2

BLANK3
A attainment of  

D essentially  irrelevant

G most prosaic
B rumination on

E utterly mysterious

H somewhat hackneyed
C detachment from

F thoroughly commonplace

I refreshingly novel

Practice Test
Section 3
【6】The most striking thing about the politician is how often his politics have been (i)       rather than ideological, as he adapts his political positions at any particular moment to the political realities that constrain him. He does not, however, piously (ii)       political principles only to betray them in practice. Rather, he attempts in subtle ways to balance his political self-interest with a (iii)     , viewing himself as an instrument of some unchanging higher purpose.

BLANK1

BLANK2

BLANK3
A quixotic

D brandish

G profound cynicism
B self-righteous

E flout

H deeply felt moral code
C strategic

F follow

I thoroughgoing pragmatism

Section 4

【7】What readers most commonly remember about John Stuart Mill’s classic exploration of the liberty of thought and discussion concerns the danger of (i)        : in the absence of challenge, one’s opinions, even when they are correct, grow weak and flabby. Yet Mill had another reason for encouraging the liberty of thought and discussion: the danger of partiality and incompleteness. Since one’s opinions, even under the best circumstances, tend to (ii)        , and because opinions opposed to one’s own rarely turn out to be completely (iii)       , it is crucial to supplement one’s opinions with alternative points of view.

BLANK1

BLANK2

BLANK3
A tendentiousness

D embrace only a portion of the truth

G erroneous
B complacency

E change over time

H antithetical
C fractiousness

F focus on matters close at hand

I immutable

【8】Wills argues that certain malarial parasites are especially (i)      because they have more recently entered humans than other species and therefore have had (ii)       time to evolve toward (iii)      . Yet there is no reliable evidence that the most harmful Plasmodium species has been in humans for a shorter time than less harmful species.

BLANK1

BLANK2

BLANK3
A populous

D ample

G virulence
B malignant

E insufficient

H benignity
C threatened

F adequate

I variability

PREP 三空题目
【9】SECTION1-6 The question of (i)   in photography has lately become nontrivial. Prices for vintage prints(those make by a photographer soon after he or she made the negative) so drastically (ii)    in the 1990s that one of these photographs might fetch a hundred times as much as a nonvintage print of the same image. It was perhaps only a matter of time before someone took advantage of the(iii)     to peddle newly created “vintage”prints for profit.

BLANK1

BLANK2

BLANK3
A forgery

D ballooned

G discrepancy
B influence

E weakened

H ambiguity
C style

F varied

I duplicity

SECTION3
【10】4 I’ve long anticipated this retrospective of the artist’s work, hoping it would make
(i)    judgments about him possible, but greater familiarity with his paintings highlights their inherent (ii)     and actually makes one’s assessment(iii)     .          

BLANK1

BLANK2

BLANK3
A modish

D gloom

G similarly equivocal
B settled

E ambiguity

H less sanguine
C detached

F delicacy

I more cynical

【11】5 Higher energy prices would have many(i)   effects on society as a whole. Besides encouraging consumers to be more(ii)   in their use of gasoline, they would encourage the development of renewable alternative energy sources that are not(iii)     at current prices.

BLANK1

BLANK2

BLANK3
A pernicious

D aggressive

G unstable
B counterintuitive

E predictable

H adaptable
C salubrious

F sparing

I viable

【12】6 But they pay little attention to the opposite and more treacherous failing: false certainty, refusing to confess their mistakes and implicitly claiming(i)    ,thereby embarrassing the nation and undermining the Constitution, which established various mechanisms of self-correction on the premise that even the wisest men are sometimes wrong and need, precisely when they find it most(ii)    , the benefit of(iii)    process.

BLANK1

BLANK2

BLANK3
A infallibility

D discomfiting

G an adaptable
B immunity

E expedient

H a remedial
C impartiality

F imminent

I an injudicious

原ETS 官网题目
【13】It is refreshing to read a book about our planet by an author who does not allow facts to be        (i)    by politics: well aware of the political disputes about the effects of human activities on climate and biodiversity, this author does not permit them to(ii)    his comprehensive description of what we know about our biosphere. He emphasizes the enormous gaps in our knowledge, the sparseness of our observations, and the(iii)    , calling attention to the many aspects of planetary evolution that must be better understood before we can accurately diagnose the condition of our planet.
BLANK1

BLANK2

BLANK3
A overshadowed

D enhance

G plausibility of our hypotheses
B invalidated

E obscure

H certainty of our entitlement
C illuminated

F underscore

I superficiality of our theories

【14】2006题目  Murray, whose show of recent paintings and drawings is her best in many years, has been eminent hereabouts for a quarter century, although often regarded with (i)__________, but the most (ii)__________ of these paintings (iii)__________ all doubts.

BLANK1

BLANK2

BLANK3
A partiality

D problematic

G exculpate
B credulity

E successful

H assuage
C ambivalence

F disparaged

I whet

【15】2007题目 Having displayed his art collection in a vast modernist white space in (i)______ former warehouse, Mr. Saatchi has chosen for his new site its polar opposite, a riverside monument to civic pomposity that once housed the local government. There is nothing (ii)______ about the new location: the building’s design is bureaucratic baroque, (iii)______ style that is as declamatory as a task-force report and as self-regarding as a campaign speech.

BLANK1

BLANK2

BLANK3
A a decadent

D atavistic

G an ascetic
B a claustrophobic

E spare

H a grandiose
C an unprepossessing

F pretentious

I an understated

PRACTICE BOOK 题目
【16】That the President manages the economy is an assumption (i)_____ the prevailing wisdom that dominates electoral politics in the United States. As a result, presidential elections have become referenda on the business cycle, whose fortuitous turnings are (ii)_____ the President. Presidents are properly accountable for their executive and legislative performance, and certainly their actions may have profound effects on the economy. But these effects are (iii)_____. Unfortunately, modern political campaigns are fought on the untenable premise that Presidents can deliberately produce precise economic results.

BLANK1

BLANK2

BLANK3
A peripheral to

D justifiably personified in

G usually long-lasting
B central to

E erroneously attributed to

H regrettably unnoticeable
C at odds with

F occasionally associated with

I largely unpredictable

【17】Room acoustics design criteria are determined according to the room’s intended use. Music, for example, is best (i)_____ in spaces that are reverberant, a condition that generally makes speech less (ii)_______. Acoustics suitable for both speech and music can sometimes be created in the same space, although the result is never perfect, each having to be (iii)______ to some extent.

BLANK1

BLANK2

BLANK3
A controlled

D abrasive

G compromised
B appreciated

E intelligible

H eliminated
C employed

F ubiquitous

I considered

【18】To the untutored eye the tightly forested Ardennes hills around Sedan look quite (i)______ , (ii) _______place through which to advance a modern army; even with today’s more numerous and better roads and bridges, the woods and the river Meuse form a significant (iii)______.

BLANK1

BLANK2

BLANK3
A impenetrable

D a makeshift

G resource
B inconsiderable

E an unpropitious

H impediment
C uncultivated

F an unremarkable

I passage

参考答案:

【1】CEH
【2】AFH
【3】CDH
【4】BDI

【5】BEG
【6】CDH
【7】BDG
【8】BEH

【9】ADG
【10】BEG
【11】CFI
【12】ADH

【13】AEI
【14】CEH
【15】CEH
【16】BEI

【17】BEG
【18】AEH

发表于 2012-7-25 12:21:44 | 显示全部楼层
发表于 2012-7-25 12:35:09 | 显示全部楼层
谢版主,三空题错的稀里哗啦啊!
发表于 2012-7-25 12:41:14 | 显示全部楼层
up
发表于 2012-7-25 15:10:50 | 显示全部楼层
看答案后哭了...谢谢啦
发表于 2012-7-25 15:14:50 | 显示全部楼层
发表于 2012-7-25 15:38:51 | 显示全部楼层
三空T!!!!!!!!!!
发表于 2012-7-27 18:07:44 | 显示全部楼层
楼主好强大啊~
发表于 2012-7-28 20:32:54 | 显示全部楼层
发表于 2012-7-28 23:50:22 | 显示全部楼层
顶啊
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-3-29 15:43
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部