搜索
返回列表 发新帖
楼主: k2

请大家提提建议

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2003-6-25 04:13:00 | 显示全部楼层
to mbacn02,

thank you so much.

Yes. I can never have a chance to change my undergraduate GPA.

Besides those schools I will apply to, any other schools you recommend?
发表于 2003-6-25 07:20:00 | 显示全部楼层
Hey, my personal suggesion is to consider Berkeley, UCLA and USC. And you also can look at US news special ranking for IT, it does give you a good hint who are the best.
 楼主| 发表于 2003-6-25 08:07:00 | 显示全部楼层
thank you. It is very kind of you.

Berkeley is a great school. But I've heard that they pay much attention on the UGPA, Is that right? I am afraid my UGPA is too low. As to UCLA, I have many friends who work or study at UCLA. And most of them extremly recommend not to apply to UCLA because there are so many chinese and ABC so that the competion is too.. .  I went to LA serveral times. To be honest, I don't like it. The city is nice, but the people are so agressive and lack of tolerance.

Maybe I should also apply to CMU. But will unlikely apply to Arizona while it has a good ranking on IT. What do you think?

By the way, are you in CA?

发表于 2003-6-25 12:50:00 | 显示全部楼层
As a matter of face, I think GPA is not that important since you has worked for more thatn 8 Years. Your work experience and essays are much more important than anything else. Buddy, don't worry too much, do what you can do.
 楼主| 发表于 2003-6-26 01:10:00 | 显示全部楼层
thanks all you guys.
发表于 2003-6-26 07:42:00 | 显示全部楼层
While, I am not at CA, but love CA very much. The reason I recommened CA based schools is that you have the great advantage to do off campus job research due to geographic reason. So many small/middle IT firms are there. Also, I think competition is everywhere nowdays, I don't think you face less in other schools, if not more.
发表于 2003-6-27 15:52:00 | 显示全部楼层
以下是引用k2在2003-6-25 0:51:00的发言:
多谢各位.

To mbacn02:

我的career goals是:

A.continue my career in IT industry, seek for management positions. OR
B.Management Consultanting, IT or high-tech

问题就在于,写一篇quite touching and convincing的essay是多么的不容易.: (
另外,你认为GPA并不重要吗?

谢谢.

可能您不爱听。 觉得您的Career Goal有点费解,不太明白您为什么需要读MBA。

您已经是 Country Manager of a Top 1000 Company (不能说是小公司吧?), 那么MBA可以帮您什么哪?

至于管理咨询,不知您还愿意做咨询顾问吗?即使有MBA学位,您没有管理咨询的领导经验,不太容易直接做咨询经理。
 楼主| 发表于 2003-6-28 06:02:00 | 显示全部楼层
To zgs,

Thank you for your attention. See below for the reasons I need a mba.

First, according to my personal experience, the country manager at a f1000 company CHINA OFFICE probaby is not such a job that you imagined, especially in the case that they don't  have substantiall business links to china. It is more like a senior sales manager rather than a true GM that you supposed. I am tired of selling products. I would like to sell idea and do management. I don't have any formal business education, then I need an MBA.

Second, in the past two years, I worked in a JV company. It doesn't have a good reputation as my former f1000 does. However it provided me with much more opportunities to manage people. I did pretty well. But I think it would be much easier or possible to get a certain higher level position if I have an MBA.

Third, all my experiences make me realize that I did much better on strategy or GM than on any other fields, such as sales, marketing, and tech( i used to be an engineer). I need an MBA to do MC.

Last, my family is in US now. I need to seek job here. I need a us-made MBA.

Am I answering 'why MBA?' : )

[此贴子已经被作者于2003-8-13 7:56:04编辑过]
发表于 2003-6-28 11:52:00 | 显示全部楼层
Wow, if you want to work in the states, then never think about MC in the States. There is no one in any school going to major MC firms in the states this year. No exception except you have US working expereince. But it is possbile to go to IT industry, if you are really smart.
 楼主| 发表于 2003-6-28 12:27:00 | 显示全部楼层
Thank you mbacn02.

Yes. The current job market is really frustrated. Hope it would be better 2006.

How to be smart to go to IT industry as you said? : )
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-3-29 15:33
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部