返回列表 发新帖
楼主: cfpl
打印 上一主题 下一主题

帮忙看看我申请FINANCE PHD 有没有希望?

[复制链接]
11#
 楼主| 发表于 2004-9-7 02:16:00 | 只看该作者

Thank you both lesliejy and GigaGem

I will follow your advice.  But I am not sure if I can gain enough finance knowledge in a short period of time to Taoci. Actually, I am trying to register one intermediate microeconomics this term and possibly will take the macroeconomics next term.

Is there any good ways to learn finance knowledge other than textbook?

Thanks a lot!

12#
发表于 2004-9-9 11:21:00 | 只看该作者

Micro economics is quite important, but i dont think macro is so important for "finance"

Just browsing through the academic journals and find your interest.

What do u prefer, coporate finance or financial market?

13#
 楼主| 发表于 2004-9-9 15:36:00 | 只看该作者

Well, I am not quite sure which I prefer since I know very little about them. My intuition is that I prefer coporate finance or risk management.

BTW, which finance academic journals that you recommand me to read? Is any one can be freely downloaded from internet?

Thanks,

14#
发表于 2004-9-12 14:10:00 | 只看该作者

Given your strong physics background, you may choose math finance or computational finance if you are also confident in your programming skills such as C++ or Matlab.

The top finance journals are Journal of finance, Journal of financial economics and Review of Financial studies. Among others, Journal of banking and finance is also good.

I agree with GigaGem, micro and macro are not that important to learn for finance guy. You just need to know the supply and demand curve and its application in financial markets. (esp. the interest rate and exchange rate markets)

Good Luck

15#
发表于 2004-9-15 18:45:00 | 只看该作者

corporate finance needs a lot of economics and management stuff.  Researchers with good culture background and economics accumulation are more suitble , i think.

Physics ground are very good for modeling for finance.

wish u good luck.

16#
发表于 2004-9-15 23:00:00 | 只看该作者

Quantitative finance should be your focus, I guess. Try this website:

www.global-derivatives.com

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-26 15:39
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部