打印 上一主题 下一主题

[求助]我该怎么办?

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2003-6-18 18:24:00 | 只看该作者

[求助]我该怎么办?

去年申请全拒,今年准备再战江湖.

背景:
大学文科出生,成绩平平(牛人太多).01年加入农民行列,在一家证券公司资产管理部门作牛作马,至今还是小职员一个.G750 T617. 目标: 能够在美国活下去的学校(嫁人或从事不道德的职业不算).

出国的想法是在家人常年唠叨后形成的.读书的想法是在工作两年后形成的.谁叫我混不下去了那.

看看学校的介绍,都是花好月好,真的国际学生的情况如何,本人愚钝,无法从官方语言中读出.当然,我现在的首要问题是能否得到学校垂青,不由得我挑三减四.不过,划边得想想的自由也应该有的.

情况大地如此,请多多指教.
沙发
发表于 2003-6-19 01:25:00 | 只看该作者
如果你只是想去家还过得去的MBA读书, 可以考虑EMORY, 这家特喜欢高GMAT的, 听朋友说, 中国人找工作情况还过的去, 毕竟在大城市

要是想去top20, 那么CMU和USC都是相对好去的学校, 我想你GMAT数学有50分以上巴, 他们特看重这个, 这两个学校也是希望靠中国人印度人提排名的学校

一家之见, 仅供参考
板凳
发表于 2003-6-19 01:52:00 | 只看该作者
It is really hard to say in your case coz the reasons some schools probably will be interested in your background is that your work experience in a local securtities firm and they will believe you will go back china. And I believe you will highlight your achievements gained during your work and it will give them the impression that you are having a very sucessful carreer. The  reason I say this is that most b'schools do not like to admit chinese who plan to stay at the states since they are relatively more difficult to find jobs and the reason some schools to hire chinese is to build up their presence in china, not in the states.
地板
发表于 2003-6-19 01:54:00 | 只看该作者
Also, i don't know if one of the  reasons that you were rejected by all your applied schools is that they've already gotten impression that you don't want to go back china after graduation.
5#
发表于 2003-6-19 03:08:00 | 只看该作者
most of the foreign MBA will not return to his/her country, I don't think schools really care about it. actually, most top schools have somebody who is dedicate to find jobs for international students in US
6#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-6-19 09:43:00 | 只看该作者
thanks for your insightful opinions, hehe.

Unfortunatelly, my quantative part did not exceed 50, a score may not qualified cmu. Moreover, my BA background does not fit their favor. Anyway, only considering their reputations in the eyes' of Chinese, I'd still take them into account.

My original target is Chicargo, while the poor placement for international graduate does scare me. Then I move to Haas or UCLA or UT, although they are not good at finance, as public schools, their tuitions are not prohibitive, compared with others'. To sum up, my criteria are: so so brand name, good recruitment service, and affordable tuition.

[此贴子已经被作者于2003-6-19 9:44:35编辑过]
7#
发表于 2003-6-19 12:00:00 | 只看该作者
really? Chicago is that bad. why i heard some of their chinese students got very decents internships and fulltime job, which i did not hear from other schools.
8#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-6-19 13:22:00 | 只看该作者
to mbacn02,
A guy from Berkeley told me that this week, who is also idling this summer. He said, out of 30, only two found intern. Maybe, our point of view is different from his. He cares about job, while you and me emphasize more on the admission rate, and scholarship.  

Can you tell me where can I find the admission rate for Chinese?
9#
发表于 2003-6-20 00:03:00 | 只看该作者
no one did specific poll for chinese. we have to ask for these kind of information through our friends. But it is true that both wharton and chicago are chinese friendly shools and each year around 50 in each school, including people from mainland directly, abc and people with oversea expereince already.
10#
发表于 2003-6-20 01:10:00 | 只看该作者
just a little correction here, Berkeley is one of six schools that has a nobel prize winner in their B-school, and that guy happens to teach finance related topic, so Berkeley may not be the best Finance school in US, but they are up there with other big boys.

I know many Haas MBA student personally. It is hard to get internship and full-time jobs these days, many companies won't interview international students.
But you have to realize one thing, getting a job depends more on English skills than anything, unfortunatly many of us cannot get a good handle of it. MAYBE YOU ARE DIFFERENT.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-20 17:49
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部