搜索
返回列表 发新帖
查看: 3445|回复: 9

SOS!!!!!!!

[复制链接]
发表于 2003-6-10 19:39:00 | 显示全部楼层

SOS!!!!!!!

Hi Guys:

I am a new comer here. But really love the site, informative and comprehesive enought. I guess I will be adiccting to the site from now on.

Move on, I need you guys input on whether I should rewrite mt GMAT.

I only got an 680 this March. I can't blame anyone cause I did not work hard enough.And even fail to took a week off to completed those KAplan etc.

Planned to rewirte in may, but the test-center has been closed undated. Now I become reluctant to rewrite it. Looking at those GMAT material is really killing me. So I decided to focus on the rest part of my application and started gathering as much as possible information.

But the bitter thing for me to chew is that the more I explore BBS such as BW, chasedream or gter, the more I find my score might seriously hinder me from getting into top 20 school.

I have been struggling these days  and I have been bumped  the up-down yo yo ball feeling.

I need insightful inputs from you guys, I am lost . Pls pls pls help

发表于 2003-6-10 20:47:00 | 显示全部楼层
Calm down.
680 is already a decent score.
If you have the chance to get a higher score, it will be better.
But, the score alone will not hurt your applications for TOP 20 schools, as long as you will have excellent essays and impressive interviews.
One piece of advice: apply as early as possible.
发表于 2003-6-10 21:19:00 | 显示全部楼层
If possible, try to get a better score in Gmat test if you really want to get into top20 b-schools..  However, just like  brother Lewis said,  score is not the most important thing for your application.

[此贴子已经被作者于2003-6-10 21:19:19编辑过]
 楼主| 发表于 2003-6-10 22:19:00 | 显示全部楼层
Thanks Tons. Your words is really encouraging.

You guys have just made my day. Then I will have a smile all day

What I am thinking is that I might work on the essay and study the GMAT at the same time. in the worse case that I fail to rewrite, I will just apply with my current score.

Just wondering if you know person get in top 20 school with a score simliar to mine.

Thanks a mil.

gonna luv ya guys.
发表于 2003-6-10 23:18:00 | 显示全部楼层
Of course there are lots of guys with <700 get into top-10 schools. Remember, GMAT is just one piece of your material. True, better score means more chance, but won't guarantee you.
发表于 2003-6-11 00:26:00 | 显示全部楼层
extremly recommend: retake the test.

Yes. many people get in top 20( i would like to say not top 10) with such scores. However it woundn't hurt you if you retake gmat. It will drastically boost your odds. And with 680, you chance to get into top 10 is really really slim.

While kept arguing my GPA, work experience and balabalabala.., the schools I applied all offered me with the admissions, even scholarship, after I faxed them my new score. They all made this decision in ONE day! Before they receive the offical report.
发表于 2003-6-11 02:00:00 | 显示全部楼层
I am not sure where you are, you do have decent english skills. if you are in USA, I would say you have a decent chance to apply for a few top20 schools with some good WE. if you are China, hehe, you may outperform most of your competitors at interviews. So I would say you do have a chance to go with your 680GMAT

but, some Fei Hua: Better GMAT will only help
 楼主| 发表于 2003-6-11 10:49:00 | 显示全部楼层
Hi Funnytiger:

You know I am more than flattered by your words.

No actually I am living in Shanghai. I am just lucky enough to get loads of chances to talk to westerner, as besides my onw job,  I am working freelance for a European  Business-school for five years. Well that is another part of my life.

Where do u live? if you do not mind my asking

Anyway, I have decided to rewrite.Painful indeed!!!

Hi oak:

Thanks for sharing your story!!

Have some questions for u.
Do your mean the school just change their decision right after you provided your new score. Geezz that 's really sucks.

How much have you  improved your score , would you mind sharing? So that I can have a benchmark.

Thanks tons to all of you above.

God blessing
发表于 2003-6-11 13:59:00 | 显示全部楼层
luckyforever,

I live in bay area. but when I was in China, my english was no way near the level you are at.

if I were you, I will try to apply for schools that I can request for interviews. some top 20 school like Haas won't allow you to do that, you can put those schools as second option.

With a decent essay, which I am sure it is not hard at all for you, a smooth interview. you should be fine.
 楼主| 发表于 2003-6-11 14:31:00 | 显示全部楼层
Oh!! What I can say. you nearly make me burst into tears. Thanks for the kind advices.

After being creeping in the dark of application, i finally see some tiwilight. It just brings me more motivations and engergies to march on. Will have to work really hard to craft really great essay.

Anyway, like what Deng xiao ping has said, 一手抓GMAT,一手抓essay interview", 两手都要抓 LOL。

Sorry that I still have to bombard you with my long list of questions.At this stage I need baddly some advices from a veteran like you. I hope it is ok for you and that you would like to spare some time to talk to me.

Would you mind telling me your e-mail, or you can write to me @ luckyforever11[在] yahoo.com.cm

As I feel some of my questions would be too personal to expose here.

Thanks Loads!!

Luckforever

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-19 03:15
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部